PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: fashion icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bill Belichick: fashion icon? | ProFootballTalk.com

Clothing companies looking for an NFL endorser to move their product should stop throwing cash at traditional choices like star quarterbacks. Instead, they should set their sights on Bill Belichick.

It turns out the man known for his lack of fashion sense actually sells. According to Reebok officials, roughly 50 percent of all grey hoodies sold in the NFL have a Patriots logo on it. (No word how many consumers promptly cut off the bottoms of the sleeves.)

A Reebok executive explains to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe they were actually annoyed when Belichick first wore his famous sweatshirt during games. It turns out Belichick was wearing gear that was meant for players, and the hoodie was not approved coaching gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
when Brady retires he'll go into politics; while BB storms the fashion industry with ferocious drab

Love the way that in the comments the ignoramous Raiduz and Phins fans got tooled (nice job Joe Six) after erroneously claiming that "the Tuck Rule got changed after 2001" (DUH, it didn't) and implying that JJ never filmed signals (quotes where he touted that he DID).

What's sad is geting tooled and WOOSH!!! not realizing that you've been had.

Last edited:
I bet Bill Belichick's clothes are some of the most comfortable in the world. The guy is all about utility.

I bet Bill Belichick's clothes are some of the most comfortable in the world. The guy is all about utility.

Partly. Mostly, even. But there's an undeniable "FU" statement in those outfit choices, too. And that's what makes them sell: the BB 'tude.

Partly. Mostly, even. But there's an undeniable "FU" statement in those outfit choices, too. And that's what makes them sell: the BB 'tude.

IIRC, he said he has the sleeves cut off because he has short arms. :)

Last edited:
Bill Belichick IS a brand though. I freakin love the guy. If he ever actually endorsed a product, who else would have more credibility than Belichick?

There aren't too many people who simply have no tolerance for acting fake, for BS, or fluff. The guy is all business, doesn't give a sh*t what others think about him, and is all about being the best at his craft. People keep trying to tear him down, but they can't, because it doesn't get to him and because he's so good at what he does.

He's like a real life Howard Roark.

Last edited:
Bill Belichick IS a brand though. I freakin love the guy. If he ever actually endorsed a product, who else would have more credibility than Belichick?

There aren't too many people who simply have no tolerance for acting fake, for BS, or fluff. The guy is all business, doesn't give a sh*t what others think about him, and is all about being the best at his craft. People keep trying to tear him down, but they can't, because it doesn't get to him and because he's so good at what he does.

Absolutely. Coach is all about the here and now, no pretentions, no BS. He wears what he wants, because real men don't give a $%%& what anyone thinks about their clothes.

Gimme the hoodie. It's all about what's real.

Last edited:

One of my all-time favorite moments: finding a card in a copy of The Fountainhead that began "If you take the ideas in this book seriously . . . ." :singing: :D

Y'all misunderstand Belichick. If the NFL had a valid clothing sponsor for Men's Suits, Belichcick has said he would dress up. Unfortunately, they don't.

His coaching idol is the famous Paul Brown who always wore formal attire including a topcoat and Fedora, when it was cold.

Belichcik has said he would do the same, if it were allowed. But it isn't.

I believe that one year, they had Armani as a sponsor, but aside from slim twenty year olds, Armani suits are not cut for any man over the age of thirty, and Belichicik is well past that.;)

I am ashamed to say I actually own that gray hoodie.....and reason I got it was cause of BB......:youtheman:

Belichcik has said he would do the same, if it were allowed. But it isn't.

Im confused. I thought last year they changed all that? Isnt that why some coaches (jack del rio) started wearing suits last year?

I am ashamed to say I actually own that gray hoodie.....and reason I got it was cause of BB......

That is perfectly acceptable behavior... many of us have the famous hoodie.

Always thought that BB did this kind of like the ultimate FU to league rules on having to wear certain types of league endorsed clothing.. if he is gonna follow this absurd rule,he is gonna do it his way...

Y'all misunderstand Belichick. If the NFL had a valid clothing sponsor for Men's Suits, Belichcick has said he would dress up. Unfortunately, they don't.

Ironically enough, didn't the NFL Coaches Club—which includes every NFL HC except Belichick—sign a deal with Joseph Abboud to provide off-field clothes?

Even more ironically, from the playoff game in San Diego, there's a picture of BB a few hours before the game in a suit . . . and then he wears the Hoodie during the game. :D

Im confused. I thought last year they changed all that? Isnt that why some coaches (jack del rio) started wearing suits last year?

It was starting in 2007 for home games but he and Mike Nolan(the real guy behind the suit issue) were allowed to wear them for two games in 2006.

He looks pretty uncomfortable the times I've seen BB in a suit. They also look ill-fitting. He should stop buying off the rack.

I'd like to see him in a suit made out of sweatshirt material.

He looks pretty uncomfortable the times I've seen BB in a suit. They also look ill-fitting. He should stop buying off the rack.

I'd like to see him in a suit made out of sweatshirt material.

That would be awesome. Sleeves optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back