PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill and Chip will hold joint practices

Salva135

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Eagles, Patriots will hold joint training camp practices | ProFootballTalk

I'm a huge fan of this concept, and bumping minds with one of the key influences behind the Pats' no-huddle philosophy last season seems like it could pay huge dividends. BB knows who he likes and dislikes in this league and in the coaching fraternity in general, and the ones he really likes, he wants to pick their brains as much as possible.

I also look at it like Bill doing a favor to a new coach in the league who's shared some information with Bill before and who Bill respects, pretty much like the shared practices with the Bucs ans Schiano last year. If you're one of his guys, Bill's pretty good to you.

I'm a huge fan of this concept, and bumping minds with one of the key influences behind the Pats' no-huddle philosophy last season seems like it could pay huge dividends. BB knows who he likes and dislikes in this league and in the coaching fraternity in general, and the ones he really likes, he wants to pick their brains as much as possible.

Weren't there reports that there was actually very little contact between the Pats and Oregon last season? :confused:

Weren't there reports that there was actually very little contact between the Pats and Oregon last season? :confused:

Omerta, my friend. Omerta.

Yes, but I'm basing my understanding of Chip's influence on BB on this kind of info:

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7637-how-chip-kelly-influenced-the-patriots-no-huddle

I think the connections are clear and both sides will benefit greatly from this endeavor:

Kelly went back to the east coast to talk the no huddle with the Patriots staff a handful of times, including two years ago when he caught the ear of Bill Belichick. Kelly told Belichick and the staff that he was moving to a no huddle system that used just one word to signify the entire play call.

Too bad they were not practicing in Foxboro, always make it a point to get to any joint practices..

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back