PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's end of season speech / excuses to team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exactly where it came from.

So sick of certain fans on this board thinking Tom deserves X or as fans they deserve an explanation from BB for bad drafts or why the team finished 7-9.

Christ.

So sick of certain fans on this board thinking Tom deserves X or as fans they deserve an explanation from BB for bad drafts or why the team finished 7-9.

Christ.
Or for this:

20210116_234917.jpg

Christ.

Its a hell of a thing, losing Brady. You take away everything they’ve got and everything they’re ever gonna have.

I don’t think it would have gone much better without Covid but it certainly didn’t help us.

I don’t think it would have gone much better without Covid but it certainly didn’t help us.

It did though. Patriots were the only team in the NFL to obtain their starting QB for almost nothing, due to COVID protocols that worked out in their favor.

Cam likely would have cost $15M or more if he’d been able to travel and do workouts/physicals.

That’s as big an advantage as you can get. Every team was disadvantaged by missing training camp. But look at the QB play from Brady, Rivers, Herbert, etc. They adjusted fine with new teams and no preaseason.

It did though. Patriots were the only team in the NFL to obtain their starting QB for almost nothing, due to COVID protocols that worked out in their favor.

Cam likely would have cost $15M or more if he’d been able to travel and do workouts/physicals.

That’s as big an advantage as you can get. Every team was disadvantaged by missing training camp. But look at the QB play from Brady, Rivers, Herbert, etc. They adjusted fine with new teams and no preaseason.

None of those guys got hit by COVID during the season. That was a four game losing streak.

None of those guys got hit by COVID during the season. That was a four game losing streak.

Really? A one game loss of their QB in a game against the Chiefs, in Kansas City, that they’d have a tiny chance of winning regardless? That’s a four game losing streak?

You realize, again, that they’d be crashing and burning with Hoyer/Stidham all year if they hadn’t lucked into a deep discount Cam to begin with, right?

Its a hell of a thing, losing Brady. You take away everything they’ve got and everything they’re ever gonna have.
From the time the ho meets Clint and the Kid to give them the money and she tells him Little Bill killed Ned and the ending when Clint rides off in the rainstorm is quite possibly the greatest last 15 minutes of any movie in history.

Nike had a good draft. Picking up 3 real good looking starters in Dugger, Uche, Onwenu ain't too bad.
Neither Uncle Dugg nor Uche are real good-looking starters...or even just good-looking ones...or even just starters...

Doubt it.

Really? A one game loss of their QB in a game against the Chiefs, in Kansas City, that they’d have a tiny chance of winning regardless? That’s a four game losing streak?

You realize, again, that they’d be crashing and burning with Hoyer/Stidham all year if they hadn’t lucked into a deep discount Cam to begin with, right?

Had you been awake and coherent, you might have noticed that games were postponed and weeks of practice lost not to mention recovery associated with contraction. Here in Cleveland, Myles Garrett says it's affect on him lasted weeks.

Oh sorry, yeah, a dude needs to be coherent......now I understand how you got to your "point".

Keep it up and Biffin will have serious competition for the dumbest poster in this thread.

Had you been awake and coherent, you might have noticed that games were postponed and weeks of practice lost not to mention recovery associated with contraction. Here in Cleveland, Myles Garrett says it's affect on him lasted weeks.

Oh sorry, yeah, a dude needs to be coherent......now I understand how you got to your "point".

Keep it up and Biffin will have serious competition for the dumbest poster in this thread.

Cool story, bro.

If you think the patriots of 2020 would have been 11-5 with Brady, no other changes, then you’re delusional .... love the guy, but....
I do. And I am not delusional. Brady over Cam Newton is worth 4 wins. I am surprised you are making this such a strong point “delusional?!?!”. I think most of this board will agree that Brady over Cam Newton is worth 3-4 wins. Frankly could be more. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all.

I do. And I am not delusional. Brady over Cam Newton is worth 4 wins. I am surprised you are making this such a strong point “delusional?!?!”. I think most of this board will agree that Brady over Cam Newton is worth 3-4 wins. Frankly could be more. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all.
Then yes, you are delusional

Then yes, you are delusional

Ok so answer this, do you think replacing Cam with Brady would have gotten us ANY more wins? If so, how many? If I am delusional I want to understand your perspective.

2000 Patriots - 5 wins
2001 Patriots* - 15 wins (+10)

2007 Patriots - 18 wins (+7)
2008 Patriots - - 11 wins

2019 Patriots - 12 wins (+5)
2020 Patriots - 7 wins

2019 Bucs - 7 wins
2020 Bucs - 14 wins (+7)

*Projected if Brady played full regular season

If you take put the postseason wins, it’s still a huge difference.

Why is @Biffins delusional to estimate Brady is worth 3-4 wins? Seems conservative if anything.

It must be awesome to replace real data with emotional theoreticals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back