PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick On Vacation During Senior Bowl

I get the big deal. If he wasn't vacation, he wouldn't have access to the Senior Bowl or the players other than what he can see on TV anyway. With COVID, there are going to be limited access to practices and the players or even the game.
Bad optics and right on cue our savage media is all over it. If Bill thought Cleveland was bad with it's media, he hasn't seen anything yet. This off-season is going to be dissected every which way with his behind as the main course.

bb has gotten in his own head. I guess the aggressive offseason is off to a relaxing start. He's going to trade out of the first round anyway, you watch, he'll have the most picks left on the board heading into day 3.
Since the draft is so unpredictable I prefer the tactic of having more picks.

I get the big deal. If he wasn't vacation, he wouldn't have access to the Senior Bowl or the players other than what he can see on TV anyway. With COVID, there are going to be limited access to practices and the players or even the game.
A certain crowd here doesn't let facts get in the way of their BB hating.

IMO, the fans who disagree with Bill's handling of the team get far more mentions than their numbers indicate. Maybe a poll is in order.

IMO, the fans who disagree with Bill's handling of the team get far more mentions than their numbers indicate. Maybe a poll is in order.
When three rings and four appearances = "mismanagement," it gives you a good idea how entitled and out of touch a faction this fan base is.

I stopped listening after Super Bowl 53, when the first things I heard the morning after were criticisms and negativity. After a Super Bowl win. My life has been infinitely better and I've enjoyed sports infinitely more since that decision. Sports talk radio (at least in this region) is a cancer on sports fandom.
I tried to give sports talk radio another chance after years of turning them off. I thought that Jermaine Wiggins would be fun to listen to. He wasn't. Not even close.

A couple of years ago I had a chance to talk to the kid that works on Felger and Mazz, Jim Murray. It was during my talk radio sabbatical and he asked me why I didn't listen. I told him that sports talk around here is too negative and didn't cover national sports enough. That hasn't changed.

When three rings and four appearances = "mismanagement," it gives you a good idea how entitled and out of touch a faction this fan base is.
You're letting a minority of squeaky wheels get too much of the grease.

I tried to give sports talk radio another chance after years of turning them off. I thought that Jermaine Wiggins would be fun to listen to. He wasn't. Not even close.

A couple of years ago I had a chance to talk to the kid that works on Felger and Mazz, Jim Murray. It was during my talk radio sabbatical and he asked me why I didn't listen. I told him that sports talk around here is too negative and didn't cover national sports enough. That hasn't changed.
Murray is the worst.

SIRIUS radios NFL Network, real football talk especially Moving the Chains at 3:00pm with Pat Kirwan.

I don't think the problem is the numbers of the fans here who disagree with Bill's handling of the team. I think it is more about there are people here who want to pretend that all the success for this team over the last two decades was because of Brady and Belichick was riding his coattails. I have seen people here rewrite history to ignore the fact that the balance of who was more responsible for the success of this team was more Belichick than Brady in the early parts of the dynasty and the dynamics shifted as Brady grew into the greatest QB of all time and the league changed to put far more importance on the QB than the defense.

It's crazy. I knew that if Brady had success and the Pats' struggled that there would be a Belichick backlash, but the way people have spun it now that all the success on this team was due to Brady and Belichick was just a mediocre to average coach who got lucky to have Brady is just insane.

SIRIUS radios NFL Network, real football talk especially Moving the Chains at 3:00pm with Pat Kirwan.

I really like they way Sirius NFL covers football compared to local radio. The problem is they talk all teams and now that the Patriots were mediocre this year, they barely talk Patriots.

It's crazy. I knew that if Brady had success and the Pats' struggled that there would be a Belichick backlash, but the way people have spun it now that all the success on this team was due to Brady and Belichick was just a mediocre to average coach who got lucky to have Brady is just insane.
Crazier still, I predicted the Bucs in the Super Bowl and Patriots struggling before a single game had been played this season, now I have to listen to the whiners suggest Brady in NE in 2020 would in any way be comparable to him on a superteam in Tampa.

I also said they were cap strapped from years of pushing salary cap down the road before Brady had even chosen Tampa in the offseason, but now Bill is ”making excuses” when he said the same a couple months ago.

If the moaners had listened to more pragmatic fans in the offseason they wouldn’t be surprised or caught unprepared now. If they’d listen to us now perhaps they’d step away from the ledge, recognize a reload and quit the whining.

Crazier still, I predicted the Bucs in the Super Bowl and Patriots struggling before a single game had been played this season, now I have to listen to the whiners suggest Brady in NE in 2020 would in any way be comparable to him on a superteam in Tampa.

I also said they were cap strapped from years of pushing salary cap down the road before Brady had even chosen Tampa in the offseason, but now Bill is ”making excuses” when he said the same a couple months ago.

If the moaners had listened to more pragmatic fans in the offseason they wouldn’t be surprised or caught unprepared now. If they’d listen to us now perhaps they’d step away from the ledge, recognize a reload and quit the whining.

I said from around this point last year that I wouldn't be upset to see the Patriots let Brady walk (only from a cold hard purely business standpoint because it kills me emotionally to see Brady in a Bucs' uniform). If Brady was here, the Pats MIGHT have gotten into the playoffs, but they had one and done written all over them. I thought this was a perfect time to start the post Brady rebuild.

If the Pats had Tampa's talent, I doubt Brady would have wanted to walk or Belichick would have let him walk. But unfortunately the Pats didn't have the talent even before all those players decided to take the year off. But that wasn't the case. It is fair to blame Belichick the GM for the state of the team's talent right now, but it isn't fair to project that on his career and argue Belichick never gave Brady talent and Brady had to do the best he could with the crap Belichick gave him.

Makes me think the Pats weren’t that serious about Stafford. No way Bill wouldn’t want to be here trying to get a deal done if it was possible. I’m sure the trade has been in the works for a bit of time.

I don't think the problem is the numbers of the fans here who disagree with Bill's handling of the team. I think it is more about there are people here who want to pretend that all the success for this team over the last two decades was because of Brady and Belichick was riding his coattails. I have seen people here rewrite history to ignore the fact that the balance of who was more responsible for the success of this team was more Belichick than Brady in the early parts of the dynasty and the dynamics shifted as Brady grew into the greatest QB of all time and the league changed to put far more importance on the QB than the defense.
I don’t think anyone is saying that but I think there is a bit of scorched earth thinking. If Brady leaves and Bill is still here then I’d love to see the team crash and burn. Serves them right.

They didn’t really crash and burn but the season without the GOAT did shine a spotlight on a deficient roster that GM Bill helped build and also showed that the all time great QB’s has more to do with the team’s success than a great coach does. Like I said before... Peyton Manning took Jim Caldwell to a SB. Caldwell is not a great or even a good coach. When Manning left... the Colts did crash and burn. Nuff said.

Makes me think the Pats weren’t that serious about Stafford. No way Bill wouldn’t want to be here trying to get a deal done if it was possible. I’m sure the trade has been in the works for a bit of time.
Brissett, Fitz or Cam are our targets most likely.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back