PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick on Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! :mad:

Now NFL GMs will read this and see thru BB's disinformation campaign.

Jets Fan!

Funny thing is, I'm from Winnipeg, so yeah, I am a Jets fan!

They just whupped a Boston team last night, I was thrilled!

Just quit while you're ahead and end the question right there (with your own answer).

Stop trying to translate BB's frustration with the QUESTIONER into frustration at the object of the question.

Everybody knows BB WILL NEVER GIVE YOU A MED EVALUATION and will not talk about NON-FOOTBALL ACTIVITIES. So WHY ARE YOU ASKING THESE QUESTIONS in the first place?....
A: So you can generate this <<long pause>> article and earn a paycheck.

When I read the transcript quotes on another site; it didnt strike me as any frustration with Gronk but completely WITH THE MEDIA.

He said essentially that he hasnt even SEEN OR WILL SEE THE PLAYERS UNTIL 15 APR and he will know more then. Why is it so hard for folks to actually just take BB at face-value when he says that and previously has said he leaves the med evaluations to the medical folks.

He just got through the opening salvos of FA (one week of last minute deal considerations for our own & one week of other folks FAs); do you really think he has time to go around keeping track of the 50+ guys currently under contract in their off-season whereever they may be around the USA and the GLOBE. He is good; but cut him some slack. he is NOT omnipotent nor a micro-manager (except when he thinks he needs to be).

Thanks for your reply.

I think Belichick's comments were ambiguous, probably on purpose. I would, then, agree that it is wrong for any of us to claim certainty in interpreting them one way or the other, but would disagree that one possible interpretation is more obviously accurate than another.

For my money, this is a good example of the "Intentionally Inscrutable Belichick," into whose words people will read a variety of meanings depending on their perspective. I think he likes it that way.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for your reply.

I think Belichick's comments were ambiguous, probably on purpose. I would, then, agree that it is wrong for any of us to claim certainty in interpreting them one way or the other, but would disagree that one possible interpretation is more obviously accurate than another.

For my money, this is a good example of the "Intentionally Inscrutable Belichick," into whose words people will read a variety of meanings depending on their perspective. I think he likes it that way.

Have a nice day.

When I read that, it just came across as BB's typical responses to medical issues. It seemed like he may have been annoyed about the wrestling move question, but more so at the nature of the question than the fact there was a question about Gronk. That was they type of question Parcells was great with - ie. "That's a stupid question. Next."

When I read that, it just came across as BB's typical responses to medical issues. It seemed like he may have been annoyed about the wrestling move question, but more so at the nature of the question than the fact there was a question about Gronk. That was they type of question Parcells was great with - ie. "That's a stupid question. Next."

I can't argue with that interpretation at all. My only point was that there are other possible interpretations as well. Thanks.

Why is it so hard for folks to actually just take BB at face-value when he says that and previously has said he leaves the med evaluations to the medical folks.

Because we know that BB is almost never straight-forward with the media so why should we take it at face value? That being said, trying to figure out what he really thinks is a near-hopeless task - but one of the favorite activities on this site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back