PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick no-show at NFL coaches photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Florio will be reporting this soon with a nice touch of vitriol.. then ESPN will follow along...

Belichick isn't a member of the coaches' association, per his personal choice, which likely ties to his annual decision to skip the photo.

Same reason he doesn't do the madden photo shoot.

BB is a legend,one of the best coaches of all time, he is a national treasure if you ask me ..... The other NFL coaches should be the ones lining up to take a picture with BB not the other away around. I am completely and 100 percent with BB on this one.

This ****** loves BB's iconoclastic behavior

:scared:Oh, oh. this is bad- this is very bad.

This will have an adverse effect on the team the same way it did last year and the year before and I think the year before that (I can't remember) when BB didn't join some of the other coaches for the photo.

This ****** loves BB's iconoclastic behavior

I've always thought of BB as a founder member of the don't-get-mad-get-even club. This seems petty and pointless to me. Am I missing something?

I've always thought of BB as a founder member of the don't-get-mad-get-even club. This seems petty and pointless to me. Am I missing something?

I count only 29 coaches in that photo. That would mean 2 others are missing besides BB. Now my count could be off, as I'm starting to get ready for golf season. :D

I count only 29 coaches in that photo. That would mean 2 others are missing besides BB. Now my count could be off, as I'm starting to get ready for golf season. :D

Ah, I see ... overlooking the odd one can be helpful if you're a golfer, can't it?

Love Bill, but he can act petty and juvenile at times. The fact is that he needs to work with the other organizations and NFL management at times, such as when pushing for rules changes, and developing good interpersonal relations can't but help in those situations. I can't see an upside to flipping off his peers.

Love Bill, but he can act petty and juvenile at times. The fact is that he needs to work with the other organizations and NFL management at times, such as when pushing for rules changes, and developing good interpersonal relations can't but help in those situations. I can't see an upside to flipping off his peers.

BB cares about football. As in, the game of football as it is played on the field. BB does not care about calendars, marketing, media and all that other silly hollywood crap that now follows the game around.

Most of the coaches in that photo weren't involved in pro football at all until the mid to late 90s. BB has been in the NFL since the 1970s.

Unless you're not a member or the good 'ol boys club which BB isn't. It's not flipping off your peers it's simply he has chosen a different path. I can respect that 100%. If others can't that is their problem, not Bills.

bill-belichick.jpg

Do you really think the other coaches care about him missing the team picture?

People should be embarrassed that they even bothered to report this.

Don't know the guy but my friends who've met him in hotel elevators etc. say he's not a social being. BB suffers fools* poorly. Possibly figures "Life is short. Be where I want to be and don't be where I don't want to be."

Not implying that my friends are fools. Am I?

Belichick skipped the group photo to hang out with his squeeze at the NCAA Tournament. He was seated about three sections to left of Jim Calhoun who was riveted on the UConn game. Calhoun is rumored to be interested in coaching again. BC perhaps? Obviously a wise choice for Coach Belichick:

Attachments

• BjWK0s5CQAAq6eS.jpg
    BjWK0s5CQAAq6eS.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 93
Do you really think the other coaches care about him missing the team picture?

People should be embarrassed that they even bothered to report this.

Yes (10 chars)

Yes (10 chars)

No offense, but I find that notion absurd and can't think of any logical reason why anyone would think so.

Its beyond stupid. He talks to these people all the time, works deals with them and consistently backs them when talking to the media. The notion that they may actually be miffed that BB didn't take a group picture with them is totally agenda driven and juvenile. Nobody even knew this picture existed prior to BB missing them year or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents