PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Belichick gets a pass on behavior "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick of the media bashing a coach who was not mr happy go luck like herm edwards after a team who lost a championship game.. Lets give it a rest.. How would anyone of them act?? probably like what coach Belichick acted like..

Sick of the media bashing a coach who was not mr happy go luck like herm edwards after a team who lost a championship game.. Lets give it a rest.. How would anyone of them act?? probably like what coach Belichick acted like..

I think another thing is that despite our recent playoff appearances, the team is committing the mortal sin of not winning the Superbowl every year. The sharks have nothing else to write about so now they are closing in.

I truly hate, loathe and despise the media.

Plus we are living in a media driven society that just over reacts to just about anything..:bricks:

My response e-mailed to him and copied to his editor and sports editor (I suggest others do the same):

Mark Farinella,

Your column on Bill Belichick was poorly conceived and irresponsibly reported. Shame on you! Consider:

* Belichick has gone on record that he DID NOT SEE Peyton Manning's outstretched hand when this was called to his attention after the fact.
* The Solomon Wilcots interview you saw was A SECOND TAKE, after Wilcots had already completed an interview with Belichick immediately postgame and pressed the coach to do it over after he discovered a sound/video problem.
* You apparently do not understand the backstabbing perpetrated upon Belichick and the Patriots by Eric Mangini after he left New England. You'd go easier on him if you did.
* The Globe photographer Belichick pushed aside after the Jets playoff game was walking backward in Belichick's direct path. This incident was blown terribly out of proportion and due context.

Beyond these points, your writing is crude and offensive; re., " ... having his lips surgically removed from Bill Belichick's rump ... " and " ... spending the rest of his life hunched over, lips pressed to Belichick's hindquarters." How does this garbage get past your editors?!
Your comments appear to be those of a rookie reporter out to create a negative splash with an ill-informed hatchet job. As for " ... clipped, repetitive and near-hostile responses to reporters in the interview room": Give us a break! What do you expect from the losing coach after a game second only to the Super Bowl? You disparage Belichick's alleged lack of "humanity," but exhibit little of your own in this piece, which was terribly unfair. You decry an "assault upon sportsmanship," yet how about your misinformed assualt on a man's character?
You've got some growing to do as a journalist. For your sake, I hope it happens quickly.

Another media hack job. I really enjoy listening to BB on the Big Show.

I wish he'd make more of an effort to bring that personality into the moronic press conferences. The thing is, it's part of his job and he has a great sense of humor.

If he'd try to be a little upbeat despite the moronic questions and gotcha's, people would see it's the media, not him, that doesn't want to discuss football.

A little PR goes a long way and he doesn't need a hostile situation like Cleveland when he's running a very successful program.

I dont really care how he treats the media, the meida is full of people who want him to say something because they need a story. most media is more interested in taking about the stories than the games such as TOs overdose, Romos new girlfriend, ect. He prob hates the fact that he has to talk to the media. the media has a job because he is there, im sure he would rather do no interviews if possible

My response e-mailed to him and copied to his editor and sports editor (I suggest others do the same):

Mark Farinella,

Your column on Bill Belichick was poorly conceived and irresponsibly reported. Shame on you! Consider:

* Belichick has gone on record that he DID NOT SEE Peyton Manning's outstretched hand when this was called to his attention after the fact.
* The Solomon Wilcots interview you saw was A SECOND TAKE, after Wilcots had already completed an interview with Belichick immediately postgame and pressed the coach to do it over after he discovered a sound/video problem.
* You apparently do not understand the backstabbing perpetrated upon Belichick and the Patriots by Eric Mangini after he left New England. You'd go easier on him if you did.
* The Globe photographer Belichick pushed aside after the Jets playoff game was walking backward in Belichick's direct path. This incident was blown terribly out of proportion and due context.

Beyond these points, your writing is crude and offensive; re., " ... having his lips surgically removed from Bill Belichick's rump ... " and " ... spending the rest of his life hunched over, lips pressed to Belichick's hindquarters." How does this garbage get past your editors?!
Your comments appear to be those of a rookie reporter out to create a negative splash with an ill-informed hatchet job. As for " ... clipped, repetitive and near-hostile responses to reporters in the interview room": Give us a break! What do you expect from the losing coach after a game second only to the Super Bowl? You disparage Belichick's alleged lack of "humanity," but exhibit little of your own in this piece, which was terribly unfair. You decry an "assault upon sportsmanship," yet how about your misinformed assualt on a man's character?
You've got some growing to do as a journalist. For your sake, I hope it happens quickly.

Except he's not a rookie reporter. He's been with the Sun Chronicle for quite sometime. So I wouldn't hold my breath for him to learn from his mistakes.

I've long been a critic of his writing. As someone who covers high school athletics, he criticizes soccer and soccer players frequently, which is uncalled for at best. He also at times will bash men's basketball while tauting women's basketball at the high school level. I wish I could remember the exact quotes, but none of them were well-researched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News