PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick Finally Loses it After Reporter's Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever this Dave Brown is, he just loves making asinine assumptions.

Really? Belichick doesn't see Garoppolo challenging Brady? " it is clear that Belichick does not view him as capable of generating a quarterback controversy." That's what you got from Belichick's comment? And you wonder why Belichick answered you with disgust and disdain?

Maybe Belichick doesn't want the asshat media creating a QB controversy two days into Training Camp never mind before Garoppolo has taken the field for his first career start.
I just wish Belichick would have answered "are you that f**king stupid"

I wonder how much BB and TB contemplate telling the whole, lying, manipulating owners and league office to shove the whole business up their ass? I, personally love seeing BB basically telling them and their minions "your idiots". I'm waiting for the day that NFL suffers some sort of major loss. That will be a good day.

I can say with utter certainty, XLIX...Garropolo is a far better QB than Tim Tebow...:eek:
setting a pretty low bar for him, aren't you?

The problem with the Brown's analogies is that he is comparing apples to oranges.

Neither Bledsoe nor the Patriots were performing well when Brady took over in 2001. With Bledsoe under center the Pats had lost 13 of their last 18 games and nine of their last twelve. When Kyle Arrington was pulled it was because he was playing poorly at the time, giving Malcolm Butler an opportunity.

Brady on the other hand is not playing poorly, nor is the team performing badly with him on the field. The worst the team has done in any of the last five seasons - think about this for a moment - has been a loss in the conference championship game! Last year Brady led the NFL in both touchdown passes and lowest interception percentage: two polar opposite metrics. The previous season he was the Super Bowl MVP and the year before that he led the NFL in both 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

The comparison of Brady to Bledsoe or Arrington is a failed grasping at straws. Eventually his skills will deteriorate whether it be due to injuries or age, but until that happens there is no valid reason to replace him - regardless of how well Garoppolo might hypothetically perform in September.

The problem with the Brown's analogies is that he is comparing apples to oranges.

Neither Bledsoe nor the Patriots were performing well when Brady took over in 2001. With Bledsoe under center the Pats had lost 13 of their last 18 games and nine of their last twelve. When Kyle Arrington was pulled it was because he was playing poorly at the time, giving Malcolm Butler an opportunity.

Brady on the other hand is not playing poorly, nor is the team performing badly with him on the field. The worst the team has done in any of the last five seasons - think about this for a moment - has been a loss in the conference championship game! Last year Brady led the NFL in both touchdown passes and lowest interception percentage. The previous season he was the Super Bowl MVP and the year before that he led the NFL in both 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

The comparison of Brady to Bledsoe or Arrington is a failed grasping at straws. Eventually his skills will deteriorate whether it be due to injuries or age, but until that happens there is no valid reason to replace him - regardless of how well Garoppolo might hypothetically perform in September.

That article has so much fail in it that the reporter's boss probably read it and said "************".

Belichick answered that the previous day. Then he politely answered it again. Then he got a lazy non-question (a finish my sentence for me, {innocent look}why no, I'm not leading you anywhere{/innocent look}).

Do media members seriously wonder why we like it when Bill does this?

What an idiot. I actually read most of that.
You calling him the idiot, for what you read? Or yourself, for reading it?

I think "loses it" is a bit of an exaggeration. I think losing it would be what the late Dennis Green did. Closest we've seen to that would be the crappy end of the Ravens game in Baltimore with the game winning miss would probably be one of the few times.

I think "loses it" is a bit of an exaggeration. I think losing it would be what the late Dennis Green did. Closest we've seen to that would be the crappy end of the Ravens game in Baltimore with the game winning miss would probably be one of the few times.
I agree. He rolled his eyes and muttered "************" under his breath.

In the pantheon of great coaching meltdowns, this doesn't even rank in the top 1,000.

Brady on the other hand is not playing poorly, nor is the team performing badly with him on the field. The worst the team has done in any of the last five seasons - think about this for a moment - has been a loss in the conference championship game! Last year Brady led the NFL in both touchdown passes and lowest interception percentage: two polar opposite metrics. The previous season he was the Super Bowl MVP and the year before that he led the NFL in both 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes