Belichick on QB Situation: "Tom will return as the starting quarterback"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Belichick on QB Situation: "Tom will return as the starting quarterback"

Ian Logue

Bill Belichick made it clear on Wednesday that while Tom Brady may start the season on the sidelines, it's still his football team when the time comes for him to return.

Continue reading...

I love that BB came out and said this right away.

Well, I think I agree with his decision.

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

That was the appropriate response. I hope as much as anyone that Garoppolo goes 4-0 and dominates, but 4 regular season wins doesn't compare the the GOAT's 193 wins. What a joke.

NFL finds Belichicks use of the lords name in vane offensive to the integrity of the league. In accordance with this finding Goodell has suspended BB and fined the Patriots another 1st round pick due previous transgressions. Kraft in a separate statement concurs with the league findings and states "whatever is best for the 31 other teams is A OK with him."

Why does Bill not learn?

I'm serious.

Whenever he steps up to the mike, he should fully expect the stupidest, most moronic questions imaginable, and for them to be repeated ad nauseam even after he completely answers them.

He does not have to pretend that these press conferences are not annoying, but the astonishment he would feel and the corresponding look on his face if anybody ever asked him an intelligent question would be priceless and funny, and maybe a little fun for him, too.

He does not have to pretend that these press conferences are not annoying, but the astonishment he would feel and the corresponding look on his face if anybody ever asked him an intelligent question would be priceless and funny, and maybe a little fun for him, too.
That's kind of what he does though, isn't it? When he gets asked serious, interesting, unique questions about football strategy or history, he generally rambles in kind with a spirited, intelligent response.

I think when he feels like the reporters are playing lowest-common-denominator-stupid-question-time ("why did this guy play and not that guy?"..."is Tom good?"..."why'd you call a run play at 7:51 of the 3rd quarter?"), he gets gruff, irritable, and terse. Sometimes he's just curt. Sometimes he's a total *******. So what? Sometimes the reporters are disgusted with things coaches and players do, sometimes vice versa. Belichick being a **** to people when they ask him dumb **** provides reliable press coverage, webpage clicks, and should be expected by all parties at this point.

<sarcasm>
I don't know. Bill may be getting ahead of himself here. Garoppolo could be great.
</sarcasm>

Wtf type of question was that? Brady has made the idea of a home playoff game seem like fantasy to 10s of millions of AFC East fans in NY, NJ and FL because there's been no hope of winning the division.

Brady has completely dominated an NFL division that has three other teams spending 100s of millions each season specifically trying to beat him...
<sarcasm> but yeah, he should be replaced by a guy who's never played before. </sarcasm>

Whoever asked that question should be demoted to covering local little league sports and laughed at.

Good to see Bill reply appropriately. We could use more of that from coaches. Maybe if more coaches did it, we'd get better reporters.

I've been giggling over this all day.

Bill says the same thing us heathens do when exasperated and frustrated. So funny.

Belichick said Tom will return as the starting QB
but he did not say he will return as the starting QB in game 5. Not that I care ... it will work itself out. But Belichick has always used performance in practice as the barometer for who plays and if Brady has a tough week in practice then maybe it's game 5 or game 6.

Why does Bill not learn?

I'm serious.

Whenever he steps up to the mike, he should fully expect the stupidest, most moronic questions imaginable, and for them to be repeated ad nauseam even after he completely answers them.

It's not about learning, it's about having to live with that year in, year out, every media session- over the long haul. Try it and let me know how it feels.

A similar parallel would be someone who's become a celebrity. The first few autographs and pictures are fun and cool, but the 15,000th autograph is tedious. Some fan here told a story about how exasperated Gronk got when he was asked to pose for a fan selfie at the airport at 4 am in the morning. Well, duh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News