PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick comments on inconsistent criteria for HOF induction & specifically kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Belichick comments on inconsistent criteria for HOF induction & specifically kick

BB would disagree with you.

Tasker is a little different than Slater. I have no argument about Tasker. A little premature to compare Tasker to Slater.

No, BB would say that 4th down is as important as every other down. He would not say special teams are equally as important as offense and defense.

Re: Belichick comments on inconsistent criteria for HOF induction & specifically kick

BB would disagree with you.

Tasker is a little different than Slater. I have no argument about Tasker. A little premature to compare Tasker to Slater.

Tasker and Slater do the same things. I wasn't arguing the player, but disagreeing that a punter is more valuable than a guy playing all special teams.

No, BB would say that 4th down is as important as every other down. He would not say special teams are equally as important as offense and defense.

Is that why he routinely uses starters on his special teams unit?

Yeah, they must not be that important.

I didn't say they weren't important, I said they were not EQUALLY important. There is a big difference.

Tasker and Slater do the same things. I wasn't arguing the player, but disagreeing that a punter is more valuable than a guy playing all special teams.

I can agree with that, although Punters and Kickers do get most of the attention. It is only knowledgeable football fans that even know what a gunner or long snapper are.

Last edited:

Not to mention drafting players solely for special teams, even above players better on offense/defense ( trading up for Slater and drafting Ebner over Dennarf)

Not to mention drafting players solely for special teams, even above players better on offense/defense ( trading up for Slater and drafting Ebner over Dennarf)

Proving that special teams are not ignored does not disprove the statatement that special teams are important but in no way equally as important as offense and defense.
Seriously, is this even debatable?

Proving that special teams are not ignored does not disprove the statatement that special teams are important but in no way equally as important as offense and defense.
Seriously, is this even debatable?

Its ok to disagree.

My argument was that the team is made up of equally important parts, and that a kicker or punter is as important as anyone on the team when the game is on the line.

I don't think Im wrong.

Its ok to disagree.

My argument was that the team is made up of equally important parts, and that a kicker or punter is as important as anyone on the team when the game is on the line.

I don't think Im wrong.

That wasn't the statement. The statement was that offense, defense and special teams are equally important parts of a team.
You are moving the goal posts by saying a game could come down to a kicker making a kick and them that makes him important.
Is the punter as important as the QB? That answers the point we were discussing.

That wasn't the statement. The statement was that offense, defense and special teams are equally important parts of a team.
You are moving the goal posts by saying a game could come down to a kicker making a kick and them that makes him important.
Is the punter as important as the QB? That answers the point we were discussing.

Is a guard or corner back as important as the QB? no, but they have players in the HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft