PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before you get down on Chad Jackson..

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
are people really down on Chad Jackson? That's amazing!

I know some people placed lofty expectations on the rookie, but I didn't really think anyone was down on him.

If you take TomBradysGoat's words "literally" (heaven forfend!) it may appear that he is somewhat down on Chad Jackson so far:
____
"Wow, you cherrypicked the one stat (TDs) where he hasn't been a DISAPPOINTMENT.
Chad Jackson's has been a NON-CONTRIBUTOR to this team. Whether due to injury or attitude or simply taking time to develop he has added NOTHING to the team so far this year. I don't see why people have a hard time accepting this.
The good thing is that it doesn't mean much of anything and he wasn't drafted for production in his first 6 games."
_____

But of course, the joke is on us since he later states that we are not intelligent if we take him literally. I can't stand children who ring doorbells and run away.

Where is the supposeded Chad Jackson negativity everyone is mentioning? I don't see and threads titled "Chad Jackson sucks." Yet again and again people defend him and prop him up to be the next big thing.

All that I am doing here is pointing out the fact that the guy doesn't deserve the praise this bizarre fan base keeps heaping on him and the excuses you guys keep making for him.

The guy is a receiver who has caught 5 passes. Pardon me if I don't call my brother to anxiously discuss him.

And shmessy, I said nothing of sarcasm. Exagerated comments are not necessarily intended to be taken sarcastically. Here, let me give you an example:

Shmessy is being denser than Ron Borges.

This is obviously untrue if you read it too literally. No one is denser than Borges. At the same time I am not being sarcastic: you're being really dense. It is an obvious exaggeration, but as such it gets the point across to everyone but you and Ron Borges.

There WAS a lot of negativity brewing about Chad Jackson and BS rumors about work ethic and other nonsense. But since he is starting to become healthy, starting to contribute, and literally every reputable source of info has debunked the negativity, that group has since quieted down.

shmessy said:
But of course, the joke is on us since he later states that we are not intelligent if we take him literally. I can't stand children who ring doorbells and run away.

Yes, if you take the comment "Chad Jackson has done nothing" literally you lack intelligence because NO ONE takes it literally. He's run some routes, he's attended meetings, he's caught a few passes. Even if he just sits around picking his nose he's doing something.

Sheesh, I have a life and didn't check a message board for awhile. You judge people for that?

BradyManny2344 said:
There WAS a lot of negativity brewing about Chad Jackson and BS rumors about work ethic and other nonsense. But since he is starting to become healthy, starting to contribute, and literally every reputable source of info has debunked the negativity, that group has since quieted down.

Btw, those people annoyed me too. I think I've been enjoying no one talking about him.

I'm sorry if I came off negative, I have high hopes for Chad and have nothing against the man. I probably should have just left the thread alone but my "stats nazi" side came through.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Btw, those people annoyed me too. I think I've been enjoying no one talking about him.

I'm sorry if I came off negative, I have high hopes for Chad and have nothing against the man. I probably should have just left the thread alone but my "stats nazi" side came through.

No biggie, I think we all hope that in time CJ will make even the stats nazis happy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick