PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard shows Haynesworth looking more like a Redskin from Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between pro and con and trying to instigate an argument with jabs at the poster,not at the team...that you are good at.

I guess you didn't read the chart he posted....seemed to me he was expressively showing that when Vince and Al were on the field together Al was double teamed only 7 times and comments in there were far from complimentary,there was very little positivity in that article if you understood it.

If Haynesworth joined the Jets instead of NE this forum would be all over Al every time he came up empty in a play...that's the way it is here for many,while your a Patriot you can do no wrong :rolleyes:

Ummm...... I didn't make a jab at you. In fact, here's my post:

So, they should have cut Brady after week 2 last season?

You made the jab at me, in response. Your personal jab at me, and the relevant follow up posts, were deleted.

You're being hypocritical, once again.

Last edited:
P in NY...you have stated on more than a million occasions your disdain for negative threads about our team.

Now do you find that just because this is our favorite team that there shall be nothing bad said about a player or within the team?

What your doing is beyond analyses. It's called bashing and it's tiring.

a couple of points.

I mentioned in "idle thoughts" that I felt Haynesworth was "invisible" in the SD. However not making impact plays does NOT mean you didn't play solidly. You can't make impact plays every play.

For me, in a very cursory overview, I have been less than thrilled by the play of Carter and Ellis. But while they haven't made the big plays I had hoped for, doesn't mean they aren't playing well overall. Still I'd like to see more impact plays from those 2 guys. BTW - have you guys noticed how hard it is to follow the DL with all the substitution that goes on.

Haynesworth stood out more because of how impactful he was in Miami. Maybe the nick he got influenced his play. Clearly he's going to take some grief from BB in the film room. It will be interesting to see how he responds. Accountability is the key to the "Patriot Way". Lets see how Albert takes the lesson.

This defense and D-line are on pace for 48 sacks this year....... which would be more then we've ever registered as a team. EVER. And that's after 2 games in which our defense has been much maligned.

Just to correct you the 85 Pats had 51 sacks. And the 84 team had 55

Last edited:
Way to twist Bedard's story. Here is what he wrote in the article:

So Haynesworth was average on Sunday. Not dogging it like in Washington, but not an impact player like he was the first week against the Dolphins.

Even the screen grab of him on the ground was the first play after he had to be pulled to stretch for cramps so you can give him a little slack there.

I just don't get why fans almost root for cetain players to be bad so they can unload on them. Hey, I don't like Haynesworth at all, but I am not going to dump on the guy when he was just average. If he starts to dog it, then I will get upset. Bedard doesn't say that though.

Foremost, Kris Dielman is arguably the best or second best Guard in the NFL. Four-time pro-bowler who was the lead blocker for LT's best year and a terrific pass blocker who has the experience, size and strength at age 30 to handle Albert Haynesworth 1-on-1. There are not many guys who can do that.

Bedard spotlights the last two plays of the game where Haynesworth gets flattened. Like Bedard hauled 320 lbs of Kris Dielman around all afternoon. Cut us a break!

I hate this kind of crap where instead of giving Kris Dielman and the Chargers their due for neutralizing a player like Albert Haynesworth, this lazy reporter who sat there eating pizza and guzzling diet coke dumps on a guy in the trenches for not being spectacular. I hate that!

Kris Dielman was great and Haynesworth kept him busy all day. Haynesworth will have his days in the sun - probably this week against Buffalo and certainly in games against lesser and/or younger guys. This was a marquee matchup between two elite interior linemen.

Bedard should go back to blowing leads for the Red Sox and quit pretending he has a clue about football. Bedard dismisses Kiris Dielman in the story and does not draw the comparison to Dielman's career, free agency and dominance at his position that he shares with Logan Mankins.

Dielman is the anchor of what may be the best line in the NFL after the Patriots. It is great run-blocking and pass-blocking line. Give these guys some credit. Dielman took a discount when he had his shot as a free agent to stay and continue to develop with his line-mates in SD in 2007. The guy is top shelf.

How many times does Bill belichick have to talk about situational football before morons like Bedard get it? No way was Haynesworth going to dominate in in this game against this opponent.

a couple of points.

I mentioned in "idle thoughts" that I felt Haynesworth was "invisible" in the SD. However not making impact plays does NOT mean you didn't play solidly. You can't make impact plays every play.

For me, in a very cursory overview, I have been less than thrilled by the play of Carter and Ellis. But while they haven't made the big plays I had hoped for, doesn't mean they aren't playing well overall. Still I'd like to see more impact plays from those 2 guys. BTW - have you guys noticed how hard it is to follow the DL with all the substitution that goes on.

Haynesworth stood out more because of how impactful he was in Miami. Maybe the nick he got influenced his play. Clearly he's going to take some grief from BB in the film room. It will be interesting to see how he responds. Accountability is the key to the "Patriot Way". Lets see how Albert takes the lesson.

Please go read about who Albert Haynesworth matched up with all day: The Kris Dielman Story - Bolts From The Blue

That looked odd to me too... If I'm thinking of the same play, I THINK his thought process might have been to try to bait Rivers into taking a different angle, since Rivers was dropping pretty far back. Probably felt if he ran straight at him, Rivers would move to the side and have a lane. Not sure, I doubt it was laziness, though overall Carter had a minimal impact on the game from what I could see.

I believe Carter spent alot of time at LDE getting a chip on Gates as he released.

Haynesworth may have had a suspect game but it's not like he was the only one on that Pats defense to have struggled last week.

P in NY...you have stated on more than a million occasions your disdain for negative threads about our team.

Now do you find that just because this is our favorite team that there shall be nothing bad said about a player or within the team?

Just because our team is 2-0 and looking like they will be in the hunt this season does not mean we can't pencil out a player or two that may be questionable to the best of the team regardless of what Belichick does and the fact that what we think is absolutely worthless to what the team will actually do.

I don't know of a sports fans website where everything is hunky dory and positive....never has been and never will be....negative threads have absolutely no meaning to whether a fan is a true fan or not,it's a fan that is opinionated and posts what he thinks about something he sees that may need improvement,a positive fan that sees no wrong with any moves the team makes does not make him a better fan than one that expresses a complaint or an article from a writer he agrees with.

....pros and cons are all part of a message board,not just what YOU want to hear,read or agree with,that's a place in Disneyworld called fantasyland where your wildest dreams come true and all is perfect...this is Patsfans and I love pros and cons and disagreements which is what makes a board interesting.

If everyone agreed with one another and found not one critic of the team,I am not sure Ian would have as many members as he does today,it would be boring.

Most of the people questioning your obvious agenda in making this lame thread (myself, Deus, etc.) have been maligned on this board repeatedly for disagreeing with major moves/decisions that the Patriots have made. It's not that we can't accept criticism of our team; it's that we expect that criticism to make some kind of sense. I actually enjoy reading opinions that I don't agree with, provided that there's some rational basis behind them- those are the posts that you oftentimes learn the most from. But what you're posting here is agenda-ridden nonsense and negativity for negativity's sake with no bearing in reality, and that's why you're being called out for it.

Last edited:
Most of the people questioning your obvious agenda in making this lame thread (myself, Deus, etc.) have been maligned on this board repeatedly for disagreeing with major moves/decisions that the Patriots have made. It's not that we can't accept criticism of our team; it's that we expect that criticism to make some kind of sense. If it doesn't... well, you get the type of response that this thread has gotten.

It does not make sense to you because you don't agree with it...since we are all nothing but members of a sports forum who have never stepped foot inside of a locker room of the Pats what makes you right or anyone in here including me??

What makes any move on an NFL team right until proven? - Belichick has made good moves in the past and some bad ones as well and I am sure he would attest to that.

This reminds me of the Maroney debate that went on for years...some liked him and some thought it was a big mistake....and for those who questioned the pick for years they were insulted in here by the apparent know-it-alls only to find out years later it was never going to work anyway.

No one in here is better than the other because we are just fans and that is it....some spend more time looking into stats ect: but does not mean thier opinion is always correct.

.....thats why this is an opinion and I won't change it for you or anyone, whether its a positive thread or one that is not so pleasant.you take it or leave it,dude and you can agree or not,but when it all comes down to it,it don't really matter if you disagree - its only YOUR view or the view of others.

....thats the way it is,live with it

It does not make sense to you because you don't agree with it...since we are all nothing but members of a sports forum who have never stepped foot inside of a locker room of the Pats what makes you right or anyone in here including me??

What makes any move on an NFL team right until proven? - Belichick has made good moves in the past and some bad ones as well and I am sure he would attest to that.

This reminds me of the Maroney debate that went on for years...some liked him and some thought it was a big mistake....and for those who questioned the pick for years they were insulted in here by the apparent know-it-alls only to find out years later it was never going to work anyway.

No one in here is better than the other because we are just fans and that is it....some spend more time looking into stats ect: but does not mean thier opinion is always correct.

.....thats why this is an opinion and I won't change it for you or anyone, whether its a positive thread or one that is not so pleasant.you take it or leave it,dude and you can agree or not,but when it all comes down to it,it don't really matter if you disagree - its only YOUR view or the view of others.

Yeah, that's all well and good if you weren't just being stubborn and willingly trying to blind yourself. We're two games into the season: Albert has played one very good game and one average game. No matter how you want to try to distort it, Haynesworth has not been bad and BB cannot be called out for the trade.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's all well and good if you weren't just being stubborn and willingly trying to blind yourself. We're two games into the season: Albert has played one very good game and one average game. No matter how you want to try to distort it, Haynesworth has not been bad and BB cannot be called out for the trade.

Of course evaluation at this point is all opinion,from the media to the fans and will fluctuate week to week.

The REAL evaluation will come at the end of the season when we know what moves were good and what were bad.

There will always be a Duane Starks move as much as there will be a Wes Welker acquisition... some work out...others not so much

Of course the team has been on the better side of signings thus a winning record each season the past decade,but all moves are never perfect.

Last edited:
Can people including the media wait at Least until at Least the Third game :rolleyes: to make a judgment on whether someone is a bust or not.

Last edited:
I don't know if its a new trend, or that I just hadn't noticed it until now, but there seems to be quite a few posters who have a tactic of posting links to articles and then summing up the content in a way that can be best described as dishonest.

Bedard is a reporter I rate pretty highly, but when posters on here misrepresent what was said in his columns it can be quite damaging to his, and other reporters, reputations.

I disagree with posts, but see the logic in them and respect them as reasonable views, all the time. Once again, that's clearly not the issue. Contrary to what a few posters with complexes on this board will tell you, respectful disagreement actually happens fairly frequently here. The key is that it's predicated on people with different perspectives sharing more or less reasonable viewpoints, and differing on fundamental precepts/presumptions/inclinations/etc. The italicized part is where you fail.

Even if it ultimately turns out that Haynesworth is a waste of space who gets run out of town because he can't measure up to Belichick's standards, this entire thread will still be ridiculous, pointless axe-grinding. Why? Because the reason that he got run out of town will *not* be because he failed to measure up to the standard that you set for him in this thread. As Deus already pointed out, by the standard that you've set here for Albert, Brady (along with everyone else on the team) should have been cut years ago. It's a hilariously ridiculous standard, regardless of whatever happens with Albert down the road.

The same could be said for Maroney. Ultimately, the Pats did cut him. For three years prior to that, he was our starting running back. It doesn't take a genius to look at his career stats by season and realize that injuries piled up and turned him into a shell of the player that he was at the beginning of his career. The fact that these injuries rendered him useless to the Pats in 2009 doesn't in any way validate the senseless complaints that some axe-grinding fans had about him back in 2007. There were people whose dislike for Maroney was based in fundamentally reasonable perspectives, and those people were generally well-received. You were talked down to, as always, because your opinion on the matter was not based in any actual understanding of the issue at hand.

Last edited:
For those down on Carter, he was chipping Gates at the line as mentioned by another poster. I counted three seperate occasions and also had a couple og good plays against the run. Nothing spectacular. BB really did allocate some resources on negating the threat of Gates. Ed Reed level respect form BB.

On the penalized hit of Philip Rivers, Carter chipped Gates and the delay, for once, played to his advantage and he had a free run to the QB.

Screen%20shot%202011-09-20%20at%201.35.05%20PM-thumb-609x387-50997.png

BTW the play shown in the pic was 2nd & Goal after the PI call on Sergio Brown on Gates. Ninkovich got through a double team and hustled from his starting position on the right side to chase Rivers out of bounds. It was all the more vital as AJ Edds tripped up over himself trying to cover the far pylon. It was a great play by Ninkovich and almost set up another goal line stand (after having stuffed Tolbert on an inside run on 1st and Goal) except Rivers connected with V Jax on the very next play. Unfortunately some good plays become obscure when they are not followed up with another one.

We know that Deilman is good. However ELITE players play great against the best, not just the dregs. EVERYONE is good at this level.

Personally I think most of Haynesworth's issues will be related to his injury

Not everybody is a four-time pro-bowler like these two guys.

Reporters are paid to be shizz-stirrers. Did you see how fast we shipped Moss out of town when he started his antics? I trust BB knows what he's doing on this situation more than I trust some parasite from the Glob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back