Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bedard shows Haynesworth looking more like a Redskin from Sunday's game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I really didn't pay much attention to what Al was doing because we had been able to keep SD on the bottom of the scoreboard,but after reading Bedard's interesting summary of Al's play, it certainly brings back some memories of those infamous games as a Redskin.

This leopard needs to change his spots to keep his job on a Belichick team,laziness will get you unemployed in Foxboro

Patriots will need more from Haynesworth - Extra Points - Boston.com
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. Modest

Modest Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was going to make a post inquiring about his performance. I dont remember hearing his name called too much sadly.
  3. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

First game shows you what he can do...he was perfect in the first game causing 2 holding penalties...lets wait more than 2 weeks to beat this guy down..remember he was gimping around out there in the 2nd half after limping onto the sidelines

Guy is still going to be very good
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Some of the so called experts in this forum continue to say Al was double teamed much of the game....uh,no apparently Dielman took care of Al all by himself much of the game if we go by Bedard's analysis which I think is always respectable.
  5. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Al is,has been,and will always be as good as he WANTS to be,he has everything it takes to be great.

This is mind over matter....Al can be dominant IF he wants to be,he can also be a worthless lazy Fu(k as well should he desire to go back to the past 2 years.
  6. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

I saw Haynesworth create 2 holding penalties too. It's funny how he continues to be singled out for an OK game.

It strikes me that people have unrealistic expectation for Ocho and Haynesworth given their names.
  7. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bedard also credited him with a team-high 5.5 impact plays against the Phins. So let's not hate on him too much.
  8. Bigatrop

Bigatrop Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

good game or bad, I can guarantee Belichick will point that out in front of the entire team while watching tape. I have a feeling Haynesworth will have a much better game against a less impressive Buffalo OL
  9. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

A Belichick defense needs players to show up and be ready to play hard EVERY game and EVERY play when they are on the field,NOT every other game or when they desire to play hard

This is not the Cincinnati Bengals...you play hard every time, or you play elsewhere
  10. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

So, they should have cut Brady after week 2 last season?
  11. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

People think if Haynesworth doesn't have a sack or his name isn't called...he was him old self..just like ocho
  12. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

It seems like we fans should have learned by now that you can't really know what is going on behind the scenes and if, in fact, there is some problem with Albert (or Ochocinco), BB will take care of it. No sense worrying about it.
  13. TheComeback

TheComeback Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Haynesworth was fine in the Chargers game. I saw a couple of decent plays where he got some push or penetration. He's clearly not in full shape yet. Not exactly a surprise after missing most of camp and getting a knee injection.

Remember, we only gave up a 5th round pick for this guy. If he "busts," it really isn't something to get your panties in a knot about.
  14. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

learning the playbook is unrealistic ?

Since when are we keeping statiscs on "creating holding penalties". LOL. I've heard of creating "negative plays" .
  15. Patriot 37

Patriot 37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

AH played fantastic against the Phins and didn't do much against the Chargers. Igconito is as bad as NFL starter as you will find and Dielman is one of the top 3 guards in all of football. Also, Harwick is a top C and Pouncy was playing his first game.

Dielman is unquestionably the best Guard that Haynesworth will face this year. He's going against pretty average players in the next couple weeks LeVitre, Slauson will be intersting to see how he does.
  16. Observer

Observer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whatever... he is as good as any of our D-linemen not named Wilfork. No reason to single him out for a non-stellar performance.
  17. The-Hooded-One

The-Hooded-One Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Creating holding penalties doesn't help the team? Or are you just being an annoying pedant?
  18. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Let's not disregard that AH has only been under BB's tutelage for a short time. BB will learn his quirks, habits and strong points as well as his weaknesses. In 3 or 4 weeks AH will be used where he can succeed. Yes, it's ultimately up to him, but if he can't get motivated playing for BB with this supporting cast, he'll be selling ice cream before the year is over. I'm betting on football.
  19. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you'd take the homer glasses off and stop grasping for straws and crowning Haynesworth for "creating holding penalties" as if that is somehow indicative of his overall play. Any given day a zebra will drop a flag and call penalty for any reason, some warranted others phantom penalties.

If he had gashed the SD OL and made behind LOS negative plays that would've meant much more.

Fact is the dude has a reputation of being a lazy *****, and got called out after his snoozer effort against Chargers.
  20. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

If you can't figure out why getting those holding calls was indicative of his play, you weren't watching the game.
  21. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Exactly.

I have my doubts about him but the entire defense isn't anywhere near what it should be

It never is in September and it will be less so this year, and less even more so with Haynesworth given his missing pre-season games

This entire defense need to improve - and I'm confident they will as the season continues
  22. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

LOL :rolleyes:
  23. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

How far back does an offense move for a holding penalty?
  24. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Suppose what haynesworth has makes him better than average - considering what he is being paid and that he has the potential for great plays here and there I still think it was a very good signing. Perhaps he will never be great Al? I am not sure that is a problem at all.
  25. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah, let's cut everybody and start over.
  26. RayClay

RayClay Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

On second thought, let's keep the players and start cutting some posters. We've got two wins and a long season ahead, but some of these posters have fallen into patterns I find disturbing.
  27. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

[​IMG]
  28. jsull87

jsull87 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What are you talking about not double teamed? he was double/tripple teamed on 10/23 plays.
  29. Schmo

Schmo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been going through the game for a second time (very slowly BTW) and I noticed on his first drive (Miami's second drive), he was illegally chopped twice. Unless my definition is wrong, if you are engaged with one blocker and another goes low, it is a penalty. I believe he was double teamed both times and a blocker ended up taking out his legs. In fact, on the second one you can see one of the Miami OL complaining about a leg-whip after he went to the ground (although it looked like he did).

I'm not necessarily arguing in favor of the guy here, but am I wrong? Was it borderline? It looked pretty clear to me.

Now I'm arguing in favor of the guy - he's getting off the ball quicker than the O-line and is getting great penetration. So far no results..... I mean..... sacks. He will make his plays. Once Shaun Ellis (why isn't anyone criticizing him?) stops slacking off, maybe it will make it easier on the rest of the D-Line. :D
  30. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

OFF TOPIC...it's late..I just got home from a Red Flop[s game...WHAT HAPPENED ABOUT THE BRADY HIT BELOW THE KNEE????

just looked on NFL.com and they have all ther info on fines and what not from the Philly/Falcons game....don't tell me this clown commissioner is going to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to THIS....WTH is going on here?????????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.