PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard: Dont blame Welker, blame the pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every professional WR I have ever heard will tell you they consider any ball they get 1 hand on a drop. He had 2 hands around the ball on that one.

The throw wasn't perfect. I have not heard anyone say it was. Welker should have caught it.

It was one of many missed opportunities to make the 1 more play the Pats needed to win.

Wes never did make that catch in his best season, this season. Only 4 back-shoulder throws, and none of them high. Brady experimented in the worst possible moment. If Brady throws it anywhere near Welker's chest or stomach, Welker makes the catch.

Blame Branch for his two drops. Those were really drops, if only Welker was there instead of Branch he would had caught those throws.

Welker made the throw higher than it was...I've seen him make that catch, except Welker didn't jump or hop towards the ball, he simply took the extra half step or full step forward and then used his hands and body to secure it while falling backwards.

It was a bang bang decision on the ball. It happened how it happened, but Welker has seen that throw this year.

Wes is a small man he can't be expected to catch high balls.

Seems Bedard has had a change of heart. Tweeted this tonight:

Modified my take on the Welker/Brady play after talking to veteran WR & QB coaches. Will be in tomorrow's paper. & then I'm done with it

That's why you always wait for the film or some other guidance, Greg. That was what I respected about you. And speaking of film, might want to rewatch film of the 2001 AFCC and SB games where another undersized WR made the same catch twice for two NE QB's - and he had keeping his feet in the EZ to worry about.

Seems Bedard has had a change of heart. Tweeted this tonight:

That's why you always wait for the film or some other guidance, Greg. That was what I respected about you. And speaking of film, might want to rewatch film of the 2001 AFCC and SB games where another undersized WR made the same catch twice for two NE QB's - and he had keeping his feet in the EZ to worry about.

Everyone always wants to be the first to write stuff when everything is still raw. Never serves 'em well.

I also noticed Simmon's saying it was a bad pass in his postgame article, not that he's an authority on anything football related.

Both Brady and Welker failed each other on that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft