PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Blinded us with Science

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that a bunch of people can flood that hack Bill Nye with this article.

But then again Good Morning America -> ABC -> Disney who owns ESPN.

Wait, was Bill Nye on GMA?

After a quick Google, I see that he was. That's is just amazing. Good Morning America also ran with this segment where they compared two footballs. One inflated normally and SUPER, SUPER deflated football that they try to pass off as an example of what the Patriots used.

Two ex-NFL players passing as expert/trustworthy witnesses while using a football that is so grossly inflated and treating it like it is an example of what the Patriots got away with.. must be very, very close to slanderous.

Start around the 30 second mark.

Their underinflated football indents for inches around their fingers as they hold it. It must be deflated to around 7 psi or even less.

Now compare the ABC/Good Morning America video to this one where Billy Baker of the Bostonglobe actually uses accurately pressurized footballs. One set to 12.5 psi and the other to 10.5

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/f...deflategate/hNgvlTTTOvU4Dz6I3eluBL/story.html

Finally, when you couple their first segment with that of their Bill Nye refutes the science of Belichick segment and I'm seeing an agenda to deceive that borders on the criminal.

--
If anyone has more links to articles/podcasts/videos of people comparing a normally inflated football with one that is under inflated, let me know through the link in my signature.

Last edited:
Wait, was Bill Nye on GMA?

After a quick Google, I see that he was. That's is just amazing. Good Morning America had this segment where they compared two footballs. One inflated and one SUPER inflated.. though they dont use the word "super" at all.

Start around the 30 second mark.

Watch how much the underinflated football indents as they hold it. That football must be deflated to around 7 psi or less.

Now compare the ABC/Good Morning America video to this one where Billy Baker of the Bostonglobe actually uses footballs. One set to 12.5 psi and the other to 10.5

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/f...deflategate/hNgvlTTTOvU4Dz6I3eluBL/story.html

--
The MMQB @theMMQB · 12h12 hours ago
Again, from our informal test, diff between 12.5 and 10.5 psi is practically imperceptible. 10.5 definitely not soft.

If anyone has more links to articles/podcasts/videos of people comparing a normally inflated football with one that is under inflated, let me know through the link in my signature.

Yeah, that ball Palmer grabbed and squeezed was ridiculously under inflated. If you look at the TD pass to Gronk and the Edelman catch in the 1st half it's obvious that those throws SUCKED and an under inflated football ain't worth jack-$h1t to the passing game. Obvious detriment, not advantage.

Wow, that's some major league BS by nye and good morning america.

cnet at least backed up Bill. http://www.cnet.com/news/bill-nye-says-belichick-is-full-of-hot-air-other-scientists-disagree/
The NY post had a pathetic title but the story laters backs Bill with info from a Cornell professor: http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/bill-nye-torches-belichick-explanation-didnt-make-any-sense/
Nye is such a clown. He's sitting there with a football giving his expert opinion but can't be bothered to go spend 30 minutes checking before calling someone a liar. No need for a science experiment to cloud his expert opinion.

Nye is such a clown. He's sitting there with a football giving his expert opinion but can't be bothered to go spend 30 minutes checking before calling someone a liar. No need for a science experiment to cloud his expert opinion.
Yes, it is very scientific to flip a ball in his hand and say "pfft." Then boast BB will never be competition for him.

Later on that day he was probably out waiting for a cab and rubbed his hands together to make them warmer. And never would it occur to his brilliant, scientific mind that rubbing causes frictional heating, and air pressure and temperature are directly proportional.

Yes, it is very scientific to flip a ball in his hand and say "pfft." Then boast BB will never be competition for him.

Later on that day he was probably out waiting for a cab and rubbed his hands together to make them warmer. And never would it occur to his brilliant, scientific mind that rubbing causes frictional heating, and air pressure and temperature are directly proportional.
Yeah that's awesome, I like how he blows off the scientists that did test and have data. Yeah, data is for losers, not science!

He's like the rest of the hacks. They aren't about to let actual facts get in the way of their storyline.

FWIW, Nye is copping it on social media. He's more television personality than scientific authority.

FWIW, Nye is copping it on social media. He's more television personality than scientific authority.
That is correct. I will teach my young son who Nye is and tell him to conduct his own expierements to prove/disprove any findings.

I have come to the conclusion that factually based scientifically conducted expierements must be done by ones self and that trusting others who's motivation for conclusional evidence based on what can be considered as incomplete and/or comprimised evidence depends on a multiple of varying factors that should be dismissed as being comprimised by factors other than those that have an agenda beyond the relevent diagnosis to the prevailing information may be gathered and disseminated.

In other words, football weight and PSI ratings will have little/nothing to do with the ass-whipping the SeaHags will endure on Sunday.

When you get a chance or come across these, please link them.

Bill Nye has become a central part of the hater defense.

If that video is the entire Bill Nye interview, then all Nye said was basically that you can't change the pressure with rubbing the football.

That might be true. However, what IS true is the weather can change the pressure and Nye said nothing about that.

The wording is key here to what Nye said. Haters are just using what Nye said to say that nothing can change the pressure except the gauge, which is NOT true. If this is the entire entire interview, Nye was not debunking Bill's entire statement, only the fact that rubbing the ball can change the pressure which may or may not be true.

Bill Nye is not a scientist. This is important. Mat Patricia (aeronautical engineering) is more a scientist than this washed up TV 'star'. Bill Nye is as much a scientist as Adam Carolla is a therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes