PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bartman Left Chicago, Why Does Tomase Keep His Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bartman Left Chicago, Why Does Tomase Stay in Boston?

You are correct, since I made a spelling error - I am an idiot. Guess what, there is no way the Patriots could win any type of suit vs the Herald, and anyone who knows a thing or two about law will tell you the same thing. You see my friend, the Herald will say they were simply reporting what their "credible" source told them, and they had no way of knowing the source was lying. The court's give newspapers the right to be wrong, as long as they are not knowingly trying to print lies, or discredit someone on purpose. Unless the Herald flat out says they were trying to lie, or evidence is uncovered to prove that, there is NOTHING the Patriots can do in a lawsuit.

However, they can attack the Herald in the wallet.

Perhaps you should read up about the Judge Murphy $2 million libel case (that he won) against the Herald three years ago. To the end, the Herald NEVER admitted that they were lying. In fact, they appealed (and lost).

But, since you already "know a thing or two about law", you probably won't have to run to Google to read up about it.

Last edited:

Perhaps you should read up about the Judge Murphy $2 million libel case (that he won) against the Herald three years ago. To the end, the Herald NEVER admitted that they were lying. In fact, they appealed (and lost).

But, since you already "know a thing or two about law", you probably won't have to run to Google to read up about it.

Why would I do that? Clearly you "ran to google", and think you are some sort of expert on the subject. I would like to make a bet with you (friendly bet). I will bet you there is NO WAY that the Patriots sue the Herald. Unless the Pats uncover EVIDENCE that the Herald knowingly LIED to ruin the pats, it would be a total waste of time (and man power) to sue the Herald. It would make far more sense to cut them off information wise, and steer ALL your clients (that use the pats to advertise) away from the company.

Are you a Lawyer?

Last edited:

Why would I do that? Clearly you "ran to google", and think you are some sort of expert on the subject. I would like to make a bet with you (friendly bet). I will bet you there is NO WAY that the Patriots sue the Herald. Unless the Pats uncover EVIDENCE that the Herald knowingly LIED to ruin the pats, it would be a total waste of time (and man power) to sue the Herald. It would make far more sense to cut them off information wise, and steer ALL your clients (that use the pats to advertise) away from the company.

Are you a Lawyer?

I am not a lawyer. Further, I have no idea whether or not the Patriots will sue the Herald. From my layman's vantage point, I believe they have an excellent case, however (as long as there is no other source that comes forth to vindicate Tomase).

Once again, there is legal precedent right in Boston, against the very same newspaper for a case that is far more cut and dry (if there was no "source") than the Murphy case.

The Patriots are in the public opinion business and may very well not want to engage in a big lawsuit against a major hometown newspaper.

Last edited:

Please tell me, what did Bartman "do"?

I know what you are saying. Nothing that the Cubs did not do to themselves. I realize that in sports, that if it comes down to Bartman or Buckner or Reche, then your team just did not have what it took to close the deal. The blame should not rest directly on the shoulders of the aforementioned. Most of us on the board seem to have accepted the fact that we lost the SB for a number of reasons. But most of all because the Giants played a better game.

Many Cub fans on the other hand blamed Bartman for the whole mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe