PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

back to back great wins by celts

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
playin on back to back nights, possibly best win of the season tonight, just stole one from the sixers
they're playin with a lot of energy lately, i absolutely love the way theyve been playing basketball since the break

Isn't there a Celtics board somewhere ? :confused:

I think BelichickFan meant to say - isn't there a Celtics Board somewhere ELSE?

25-35 after these two "great" wins...please go away, I'm trying to be polite

patsfan55 said:
playin on back to back nights, possibly best win of the season tonight, just stole one from the sixers
they're playin with a lot of energy lately, i absolutely love the way theyve been playing basketball since the break

I'm with you even if the rest of these curmudgeons aren't. Go C's!!

what i love is the fact that you take the time to complain about me posting c's stuff here
ive gotten this many times

the thing is, if you dont wanna waste ur time on it, dont read and post on it, its that simple

btw, we have 26 wins now, not 25

Last edited:
re

Over on Celticsblog:

Ryan Gomes

Tonight: 29 Points, 11 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 2 TO in 42 min
Yesterday: 27 Points, 9 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 TO in 29 min
Last 9 games: 22 Points, 8+ Rebounds, Under 3 TO in over 35mpg.

That Danny Ainge sure knows how to draft!

Wow, I'm really impressed by those Gomes stats. In a way, thank goodness the celts have had injuries. If not, we may have not seen his potential so soon. 22 and 8 average over the last 9 games is fantastic.

maverick4 said:
Over on Celticsblog:

Ryan Gomes

Tonight: 29 Points, 11 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 2 TO in 42 min
Yesterday: 27 Points, 9 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 TO in 29 min
Last 9 games: 22 Points, 8+ Rebounds, Under 3 TO in over 35mpg.

That Danny Ainge sure knows how to draft!

I am a huge Ryan Gomes fan, but I continue to hear double speak from Rivers and Ainge about him as they kept him buried for the 1st half of the season, in reality he is a great find for this team just admit your mistakes. The Celtics are obviously better with him in the lineup.

re

GJAJ15 said:
The Celtics are obviously better with him in the lineup.

I just checked the schedule since Gomes joined the starting lineup (on February 10th), and the Celtics are 8-4 since then. He is already top 3 among all Celtics in plus/minus rating.

Seems like in the NBA that teams/coaches invariably choose to play veterans until they're hurt or traded. "We're paying Vinnie Baker a lot of money, so let's give him a ton of playing time!" :confused: Nobody ever deducts time from a vet to make way for a rook... and that's messed up.

smg93 said:
Wow, I'm really impressed by those Gomes stats. In a way, thank goodness the celts have had injuries. If not, we may have not seen his potential so soon. 22 and 8 average over the last 9 games is fantastic.

They are finally playing him at PF, his natural position. They had him at SF during the first half of the season. If he keeps this up (and I'm optimistic) along with Pierce and Delonte, there is the nucleus for a very good team. For the first itme in many years, I'm hopeful about the Celtics.
Just my $0.02,

oldrover said:
Seems like in the NBA that teams/coaches invariably choose to play veterans until they're hurt or traded. "We're paying Vinnie Baker a lot of money, so let's give him a ton of playing time!" :confused: Nobody ever deducts time from a vet to make way for a rook... and that's messed up.

I know it is a raisin and grapefruit comparison, but just think if BB had the same attitude about rookies. Realistically the Celtics are going nowhere this year, first round elimination possibly, play Gomes, Oren Green and the other Green give them quality parquet time and see what you really have as well as acclamate them to NBA speed and power.

Patsfanin Philly said:
They are finally playing him at PF, his natural position. They had him at SF during the first half of the season. If he keeps this up (and I'm optimistic) along with Pierce and Delonte, there is the nucleus for a very good team. For the first itme in many years, I'm hopeful about the Celtics.
Just my $0.02,

You know, I like the way they're playing too. They could have packed it in and settled for a lottery pick. This type of attitude goes such a long way in creating a winning atmosphere. Question though, where do you think Al Jefferson will play? He's seems like a good draft pick too.

I don't get to see the Celtics down here in North Carolina but I have noticed Gomes name pop up at 27 and 29 points the last two nights on Sportscenter. Is he really that good? If so he is a STEAL at #50 in the draft. Kudos to Ainge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes