PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As if things couldn't get anymore difficult: Jerome Boger will referee game vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m1 minute ago
Jerome Boger has been assigned to referee Sunday night's Patriots-Bengals game.

Mod edit: Here's the reason for the why Boger's being named the referee is relevant. Boger was the referee that called the personal foul on Chris Jones for pushing a teammate on the field goal attempt in overtime that led to the Jets 30-27 victory over the Pats in 2013. Boger was also the subject of some controversy in 2012 when he received eight downgrades during the season, yet was selected to ref the Super Bowl.

Officiating is the least of our worries. Stop it.

I'll give Boger one thing he has a cool voice. But other then that he needs to keep the flag away.

I can't stand Steratore and his speech announcing the flag, it adds 1 hour in the game length

Booger & his criminally incompetent crew were the only think keeping the Bengals in the game tonight…

…besides Skippy's cutesy play-calling on short-yardage & GTG situations...

Agreed, this guy (& squad) is either terribly arbitrary or just blind & stupid. One play he'll call a ticky tack def hold, but you'll go ok, I can see that, kinda strict - but ok , then he'll miss or ignore the next 7 similar or more egregious variety.

Seriously DOES NOT mesh/help with Pats style of play. He calls the aggressive, borderline-legal, but at least mano-et-mano, style the Pats use. However, he is then completely oblivious to the, oops, I swear I just picked that guy by 'accident' (if I can get away with it), offensive or defensive embellishment style that someone like DEN is know for.

He pisses me off. Get a clue dumbass.

Last edited:
i ignored this thread when it was made thinking that a crew couldnt really affect one side so much more than the other, many times they suck, but usually or both sides...

...but w/ hindsight, this was a very legit thread to make, wow

I can deal with ticky tacky calls IF it is called that way for both teams. I prefer to just let them play again fairly for both sides and maybe I am being a prisoner of the moment but that was the worst one sided officiated game I have seen since the refs won the Seattle Super Bowl for Pittsburg. Put the damn flags away!

Guy had no control of the game. Constantly confused and let the Bengals literally dictate his calls at least twice. He seemed rather confused about the rules and I wondered at times if he even knew where he was at any given moment.

I really hope that's the last we see of him this year. He has no business being an NFL referee.

I have never seen a more prejudiced game. Never. It seemed as if the fix was in. If the game had been called fairly, the Patriots would have won 60-0. It is a testament to the Patriots spirit that they were able to fight through the bad calls and still win.

There was clearly an anti-Patriot agenda in the calls; I am not sure if it was incompetence, or Patriots hate, or someone had fixed the game (or tried to fix the game).

If someone had tried to fix the game in favor of the Bengals then I am reminded of the fixed fight in Pulp Fiction where Bruce Willis is told to lose his fight. Willis kills the guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back