PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Around the Horn rips Patriots for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "favorite" ATH moment: Bill Plaschke rips Tom Brady for having the temerity to trash talk Anthony Smith last year during the Patriots-Steelers game, going off on how "Brady should have more CLASS, Smith is a young, poor, defenseless rookie, and big bad Brady and the Patriots are nothing but CLASSLESS, CLASSLESS, CLASSLESS, RUNNING UP THE SCORE, CLASSLESS" and so on, and so forth. We all know how moronic that viewpoint is, and all the reasons why it's moronic... ok, so he has a stupid opinion, w/e...

But, if you recall, that was the same week that the Chargers played in Tennessee, when crybaby LdT got up and stalked off the bench when Rivers came over to sit down next to him. ATH discussed that right after the Patriots-Steelers game, so of course, you'd expect Plaschke to go full nuclear meltdown, right? I mean LdT did it to a TEAMMATE, whereas Brady was yapping at a trash-talking idiot, right??

Well Bill defends Ldt by saying, "well, they're in the heat of the moment, it's an emotional game, you can't blame Tomlinson for walking away, blah blah blah." Ummm, what? I think even Reali called him out for his hypocrisy, when Plaschke made his dopey Plaschke face and said something along the lines of "oh come on, that's completely different, you can't even compare the two!! PATRIOTS R CLASSLESS!!! CHEATERZZZ!!!"

It really was amazing television (which is the problem... ratings are ratings, whether or not it's people that enjoy watching car wrecks or not). As bad as virtually everyone on that show is, I think Plaschke is the worst (and I'm proud to have not watched it since that fateful episode)...

My "favorite" ATH moment: Bill Plaschke rips Tom Brady for having the temerity to trash talk Anthony Smith last year during the Patriots-Steelers game, going off on how "Brady should have more CLASS, Smith is a young, poor, defenseless rookie, and big bad Brady and the Patriots are nothing but CLASSLESS, CLASSLESS, CLASSLESS, RUNNING UP THE SCORE, CLASSLESS" and so on, and so forth. We all know how moronic that viewpoint is, and all the reasons why it's moronic... ok, so he has a stupid opinion, w/e...

But, if you recall, that was the same week that the Chargers played in Tennessee, when crybaby LdT got up and stalked off the bench when Rivers came over to sit down next to him. ATH discussed that right after the Patriots-Steelers game, so of course, you'd expect Plaschke to go full nuclear meltdown, right? I mean LdT did it to a TEAMMATE, whereas Brady was yapping at a trash-talking idiot, right??

Well Bill defends Ldt by saying, "well, they're in the heat of the moment, it's an emotional game, you can't blame Tomlinson for walking away, blah blah blah." Ummm, what? I think even Reali called him out for his hypocrisy, when Plaschke made his dopey Plaschke face and said something along the lines of "oh come on, that's completely different, you can't even compare the two!! PATRIOTS R CLASSLESS!!! CHEATERZZZ!!!"

It really was amazing television (which is the problem... ratings are ratings, whether or not it's people that enjoy watching car wrecks or not). As bad as virtually everyone on that show is, I think Plaschke is the worst (and I'm proud to have not watched it since that fateful episode)...

plaschke is the worst. he's a mumbling, bumbling, lisping fool. at least paige knows he's a moron. plaschke takes himself seriously.

People watch that show?:confused:

when it first came on. it didn't take long for me to turn that noise off.

I guess I admit to watching it on occasion. But, the bandwagon jumping is a little irritating to me. But, most of the them will be on the Pats bandwagon to win the SB by the end of the offseason. ;)

plaschke is the worst. he's a mumbling, bumbling, lisping fool. at least paige knows he's a moron. plaschke takes himself seriously.

Confession: I will watch it sometimes when Woody is on. Of course he's a huge idiot, but he revels in it and willingly plays the clown for a laugh. And sometimes I do just that. So shoot me. :D

Let's be honest, the show hasn't been any good since Max Kellerman was the host.

Confession: I will watch it sometimes when Woody is on. Of course he's a huge idiot, but he revels in it and willingly plays the clown for a laugh. And sometimes I do just that. So shoot me. :D

The difference is that Woody doesn't take himself seriously. But Plaschke does. That's what makes Plaschke such a tool.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, the show hasn't been any good since Max Kellerman was the host.

No love for "stat-boy"? Kidding aside Woody cracks me up sometimes, especially with his little blackboard.

"What's the speed of Dark?"

Terrible show. You can walk into any sports bar and it's pretty much the same thing.

In another story, the Pats have ripped Around the Horn for sucking and being a waste of useful airtime

Incredible that every single one of them accept the rumor that BB passed on the #12 pick as fact. Then again, doesn't Around the Horn also feature Marriotti, who was just calling for Goodell to investigate the Pats for some sort of wrong doing in regards to the trade?

Mariotti is an absolute douchebag. I remember when Goodell said he wasn't doing anything more after the big Matt Walsh conference Mariotti was absolutely PISSED on "ATH", all but screaming that BB deserved way more penalties than he got. He is so clueless I don't think he could find his anus with both hands tied behind his back.

Before you go saying anything, no I don't watch "ATH", but since it's on right before "PTI" (the only show on BSPN worth watching) I usually wind up catching the last couple minutes by accident.

While we're at it, Woody Paige is a douche too. He reminds me of my late grandfather who always talked loud because his own hearing got damaged in WWII; Paige always starts out talking at a normal sound level, but soon HE'S PRACTICALLY YELLING EVERY WORD HE SAYS AS IF IT'S THE ONLY WAY HE CAN MAKE HIS POINT! My wife is a big Rocky fan but when we went to see the new one a couple years ago I nearly walked out when I saw Paige on the screen. Yuck.

I'm still waiting for one of these people to explain exactly what rule this breaks. I love how people just assume something is illegal just because it seems like it should be, i.e. faceguarding. Is there even a rule that prevents you from making any trade you see fit?

I'm still waiting for one of these people to explain exactly what rule this breaks. I love how people just assume something is illegal just because it seems like it should be, i.e. faceguarding. Is there even a rule that prevents you from making any trade you see fit?

You forget BSPN's philosophy that if Belichick does something, it must be illegal. (Also "Guilty Until Proven Innocent, And Still Even If Proven Innocent.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes