PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Armanti Edwards - A Patriots type of pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I had him on my mock draft board but didn't select him but I'm thinking more and more that Armanti Edwards could be a Patriot after this years draft.

Edwards has been the FCS version of Tim Tebow. He finished his career with over 10,000 passing yards and 4000 rushing yards. He won the Walter Payton Award twice, the only person ever to win it twice in its 23 year history. His pro day numbers were impressive.

The success of Julian Edelman/mini me/WWII must make this guy very tempting to the Patriots. They have worked him out privately too.

I'm making this guy my value binky.

Armanti Edwards | Appalachian State, WR : 2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Armanti Edwards

I'm totally with you, he reminds me of Dexter McCluster but would be available a lot cheaper.

I like Joe Webb at UAB, too. Another Qb conversion project, except he's 6'4", 230, and ran a 4.45.

I know Box has been on him. Just a little too much still wannabe a QB for me. Our conversion project didn't get a sniff at that position last season. They can't if the conversion is to succeed. Sounds more like a project returner with wildcat potential, and we won't utilize that here. While someone who might is more likely to draft him in the mid rounds. Better potential impact targets await there for us. If he were still on the board in the late 6th to 7th he might be worth a flyer, but then so would be some other guys like Hiller as an actual potential developmental , backup QB, Long as a pure WR, Deaderick as a DE and Harewood as a massive OT and Hawley as a C...

We need a real "receiver", someone that can play number two and eventually take over for Moss sometime in the near future. We have enough slot guys in Welker and Edelman, do we really need three?

I read this guy could go anywhere from the third round to the seventh. I wouldn't mind seeing a seventh used on him, but I think we have way bigger needs if he's going to go in the third / fourth.

Last edited:
With regard to your claim that he's a "Patriots type of pick" -

if he's drafted in the 6th-7th round like Julian Edelman, then he's a Patriots type of pick. If he's drafted in the 2nd-4th round like Pat White, then he's not a Patriots type of pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand