PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Apparently the Patriots should have to play themselves twice next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahrenhype

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
ESPN released the strength of schedule breakdown and I've seen a number of complaints that the Patriots have the easiest schedule next year of the AFC East teams.

Amazing how basic arithmetic skills could be such an elusive trait among fans of a sport like football. :bricks:

It's obviously because the Bills, Dolphins and Jets all have to play powerhouses in the Titans, Texans, and Jaguars respectively. While we only have to play the garbage Colts :rolleyes:

The comment section of any ESPN article will never be confused with intelligent conversation.

If they want our "easier" schedule, those losers can go right ahead and TRY to win more games.

ESPN released the strength of schedule breakdown and I've seen a number of complaints that the Patriots have the easiest schedule next year of the AFC East teams.

Amazing how basic arithmetic skills could be such an elusive trait among fans of a sport like football. :bricks:

We are who we thought we were.:wha:

Whenever anyone talks about SOS within a division, simply insist that they leave division games out of the calculations.

The Patriots will be facing Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
The Jets will be facing Baltimore and Jacksonville
The Dolphins will be facing Cleveland and Houston
The Bills will be facing Tennessee and Cincinnati

All other games outside the division are the same.

I'd say that it's a decent possibility that the Jets may end up with a tougher opponent SOS, but very unlikely that either the Dolphins or Bills will do so.

I don't understand how people can get worked up about this. Next year's SOS is a nice conversation piece, but the problem is that it assumes that teams will repeat last season's record next season.

I'll accept that the Bills, for example, will definitely go 4-12 again as long as the Patriots are guaranteed to be 14-2 again. Since that's not possible, the SOS discussion can't be taken too seriously.

yep, its funny how distorted the numbers make things. If you just take away the Pats/Bills games and the Bills SOS is .487 and the Pats SOS is .540 for 14 games.

yep, its funny how distorted the numbers make things. If you just take away the Pats/Bills games and the Bills SOS is .487 and the Pats SOS is .540 for 14 games.

ESPN and NFL.com comment sections aren't worth talking about, just enjoy laughing at them. I have to assume they were put there for comedic purposes.

I hadn't looked at that article before commenting here. Based on this season's results, the Patriots SOS next year is tied for 15th.

People really have problem with this? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case