PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AP misinterprets Brady quote [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

basement zombie

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
ridiculous spin on cbssportsline story?

I read a headline at cbssportsline which states "Brady says he still is slowed by ankle injury." I'll admit, I was a bit concerned to read that.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady says he is slow and can't jump because of lingering effects of an ankle injury late last season.

That is, until I read Chris Price's Q&A interview, and found the actual quotes.

Q: How is the ankle and were you able to participate in the off season program as much as you have in the past?
TB: The ankle feels great. Yeah. It feels really good. I’ve been able to do pretty much everything. I’m still slow. I still can’t jump. I still don’t lift very much. That hasn’t changed.

Are you kidding me, "CBSSports.com wire reporter?" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: ridiculous spin on cbssportsline story?

That's laughably bad.

Guess we know where Tomase has been posting now.

So my question for you guys is--do you believe or disbelieve the rest of the crap the media spins your way based on stuff like this?

Not just sports--but everything.

brady toungue in cheek says his ankle is fine , hes still slow, cant jump,and doesnt lift a lot of wieght, espn has just posted a article that caims hes still injured ,and hes still slow, cant jump on it and cant lift wieghts, unbelievable!!! talk about making a story out of nothing, if someone can link the story its on the front page that would be great, read riess then read espn

Last edited:
Re: espn claims brady is still hurt

brady toungue in cheek says his ankle is fine , hes still slow, cant jump,and doesnt lift a lot of wieght, espn has just posted a article that caims hes still injured ,and hes still slow, cant jump on it and cant lift wieghts, unbelievable!!! talk about making a story out of nothing, if someone can link the story its on the front page that would be great, read riess then read espn

You're joking. ESPN fell for it? Really?

I need to see a link before I'll believe it--even about them the cowardly asshats.

ESPN is reporting the same thing on its website.

espns ******ed

No no he's setting up his excuse to lose to the Jets because they're his favorite team.

This is why when it comes to Patriots "NEWS", I trust NO ONE but Mike Reiss.
Absolutely pathetic reporting. :rolleyes:

nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to how unprofessinal and incompetent the media is in this country.

In fairness of ESPN, they are just picking up the AP story (which obviously was poorly put together and did not understand the context of Brady's comment).

In fairness of ESPN, they are just picking up the AP story (which obviously was poorly put together and did not understand the context of Brady's comment).

That may be the first time "ESPN" and "fair" has ever been used in the same sentence.

This is exactly how inaccurate information gets blown out of proportion. Before you put your name next to something, it's your job to vet it properly. If you don't, you are 100% complicit in spreading misinformation.

Media outlets have become essentially shell organizations that forward PR from interested parties and throw up their hands without actually fixing anything when that PR goes sour. It's the same thing with the Pentagon telling "experts" exactly what to say in interviews. The hosts just nod dumbly and say thanks for the "analysis".

censorship, choreographed(however you spell that word) is what all US media is. Starting with Cnn down to ESPN

This stuff always reminds me of the USSR vs USA dual track meet. The USA killed the Russians, but in the papers in Moscow the headline read "USSR Finishes 2nd in Meet, USA Finishes Next to Last".

How embarrassing for whomever wrote that article.

Must have been Tomase.

Last edited:

Tomase feels no shame, just hunger.

Fairness to Fespn?? Bullspit, they should be ashamed to not even check something out before reporting it.

They claim to be number one sports news source in the world?? They suck....they cannot even be bothered with basics. They should have taken the time to undersatnd what Brady was saying before going with such a poorly written AP story.

Once they were a really good organization - my goodness how the mighty have fallen.

Thats interesting,one guy is too quick to read a story,fails to interpret Brady's typical self-deprecating humour,and a new rumour is born...... several news outfits trip over each other to report it as breaking news......classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes