PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone work with any NY fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I work with one and only one.....I'll be nice....Giants fan. Every week he stills brings up how they beat us in the SB. When they were 5-0; it was a given they were going to win it again this year. I told him; they were the greatest team of all time and should win it all to shut him up.

The last 4 weeks not a F word from him. Won't even look me in the eyes. I smile and say Morning and I know its eaten at him. My time is more important than arguing with him but it is interesting how ....
some people can dish it out but sure can't take it.

I'm happy to say there are no Rats fans at my work!

I work with one and only one.....I'll be nice....Giants fan. Every week he stills brings up how they beat us in the SB. When they were 5-0; it was a given they were going to win it again this year. I told him; they were the greatest team of all time and should win it all to shut him up.

The last 4 weeks not a F word from him. Won't even look me in the eyes. I smile and say Morning and I know its eaten at him. My time is more important than arguing with him but it is interesting how ....
some people can dish it out but sure can't take it.

I'm happy to say there are no Rats fans at my work!

Sounds obnoxious. Even during the 18-1 run, I rarely said anything to people at work, even though we would all watch the NFL games and they were fans of other teams. After we lost the SB, I got 3-4 text messages just saying things like "Amazing Season", "Tough loss, but you guys will be back" and "Sorry buddy." And these guys didn't like the Patriots. It's a lot easier to take losses when you're not an ass to everyone, and the wins are more enjoyable when you're not rubbing it in.

There's nothing more enjoyable then watching someone suffer a loss after they rub it in your face when they win.

Last edited:
My old roomate and best friend is a Giants fan. He gave me crap about it right after the Super Bowl but hasn't really taken jabs at me since then. He actually likes the Pats and likes to watch them play. Anyway, when they started out 5-0, he was telling me how the Giants had no weaknesses and were going to win the Super Bowl again. I told him that, as long as their pass rush kept up, they didn't have any weaknesses. However, if their pass rush disappeared, he would very quickly see that their secondary is a major weakness. He laughed. Four weeks later, here we are.

So I ask you guys: should I start taking some pot shots at him or should I just let him wallow in his own misery?

Nope... however, every time they lose, you ought to send him a funeral bouquet with a card of condolences, opining as to how "it is such a sad day for your team....." Sign it Tony Soprano. :D

My old roomate and best friend is a Giants fan. He gave me crap about it right after the Super Bowl but hasn't really taken jabs at me since then. He actually likes the Pats and likes to watch them play. Anyway, when they started out 5-0, he was telling me how the Giants had no weaknesses and were going to win the Super Bowl again. I told him that, as long as their pass rush kept up, they didn't have any weaknesses. However, if their pass rush disappeared, he would very quickly see that their secondary is a major weakness. He laughed. Four weeks later, here we are.

So I ask you guys: should I start taking some pot shots at him or should I just let him wallow in his own misery?

If you can find a picture of the real LT and BB together, just send him that with no message.

If you can find a picture of the real LT and BB together, just send him that with no message.

That's actually one of the reasons why he respects the Pats so much...

I've been resisting taking a jab at my Jest co-worker. He's taken pot shots at the Pats all season but he's gotten quiet lately. Trying to keep the high road...

All damn day, every damn day.

It's all good, though.

look, as football fans, we have to gloat a little bit

but thats the trick, how far you go

u have to keep it friendly still, but still make them sure you know whats going on, and you could really bring it on if u wanted, but are toning it down

i live in nj so most of my co-worker are either jets or giants. lots of trash talking everytime. i am still hoping we win this year to solidify pats' dynasty status!

That's actually one of the reasons why he respects the Pats so much...

Well if you want to ease his pain and put a smile on his face that would probably do it.

I've been resisting taking a jab at my Jest co-worker. He's taken pot shots at the Pats all season but he's gotten quiet lately. Trying to keep the high road...

You are to nice. I give my Jest co-worker hell every day. That team talked so much trash and he talked right a long with them. You should have heard him after the Jets beat us earlier this season. OMG he was insufferable. He hasn't had much to say lately, LOL. He didn't hear the end of it from me when Miami beat them. That was a great day. :D I am not the only one at work giving him hell either LOL.

I live in Jersey and my two brother-in-laws are Giants fans.

In general, they are not jerks about it but they definitely have an "air" about them (probably 'cos they are also Yankee fans).

Before the Saints game, we were out to dinner and one of them said: "Are you psyched for the Game of the Year"? And went on to explain how that game was going to decide home field throughout the playoffs and basically decide who was going to the SB for the NFC.

I didn't really react too much to this, except to say something like "Game of the Year? In week 5? Are you kidding?" I didn't even mean it as anti-Giants, just a reality check ... I mean c'mon, week 5 :confused:

And, then ... "Oh, you're still bitter about the SB", "Jealous because the Pat's aren't that good anymore?", etc. etc.

I even used to root for the Giants to keep the peace, but obviously not after the game that shall not be named .... the last four games have been especially sweet :D

I work with people, not animals.

I've always said that the Giants first and overwhelming reaction after beating the Patriots in the superbowl was "We Beat The Patriots!!!!"....Not "We are the SB Champs!!"

And they cut the guy who caught the ridiculous helmet catch that should go down as the greatest catch in SB history......

Giants fans are on the whole reasonable. Jets fans and Yankees fans deserve complete and utter sports fan misery. For different reasons, but same fate.

I'm surrounded by them. Over my years in the Apple, I've learned to make a distinction between Giants' and Jets' fans. Giants fans, reflecting the ownership and tradition of the team, tend to be knowledgeable, reasonable and even classy (though just a bit obnoxious after beating us in the SB--though who can blame them, they were two TD dogs and pulled off the upset). The Jets fans are rude, usually drunk, generally ignorant of the game and did I say usually drunk?

I'm surrounded by them. Over my years in the Apple, I've learned to make a distinction between Giants' and Jets' fans. Giants fans, reflecting the ownership and tradition of the team, tend to be knowledgeable, reasonable and even classy (though just a bit obnoxious after beating us in the SB--though who can blame them, they were two TD dogs and pulled off the upset). The Jets fans are rude, usually drunk, generally ignorant of the game and did I say usually drunk?

I'm in the same boat upstate. Yes, the distinction is immediately obvious. Most of the Giants fans I know love their team, but love the NFL almost as strongly and are knowledgeable, can talk football with anyone and for the most part don't talk sh!t when things are going well for them.

The Jets fans on the other hand tend to be trash talking, uninformed fools like the current head coach.

I don't give the Giants fans a bad time at all - they have earned my respect. The Jets fans deserve all the b&llbusting anyone can dish out.:D:D:D

I am in law school in NYC (was born and lived in Boston until college) and I have a bunch of friends who are Giants/Jets fans. Its good to finally have something to rub in, however most of them fire back with "I'm still reveling in the Yankees win." I respond that baseball season is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back