PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone watching the pressers today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Holy cow -- When Ed Reed goes to Canton, I doubt he will get better speeches. Bill's love affair with Ed is pretty well established, but this is so effusive it's almost funny. Vince sounded like he was making his pitch during a speed dating session.

Clearly, they are attempting to be disarming. But if you watch it today, there's an added element -- they know Ed is a very smart guy and they know he knows exactly what they are doing. So they are going the extra yard to have some fun with it.

Usually, Bill's disdain for the press comes across as stiff and boderline annoyed. I kind of like the more passive aggressive playful approach every once in a while.

Holy cow -- When Ed Reed goes to Canton, I doubt he will get better speeches. Bill's love affair with Ed is pretty well established, but this is so effusive it's almost funny. Vince sounded like he was making his pitch during a speed dating session.

Clearly, they are attempting to be disarming. But if you watch it today, there's an added element -- they know Ed is a very smart guy and they know he knows exactly what they are doing. So they are going the extra yard to have some fun with it.

Usually, Bill's disdain for the press comes across as stiff and boderline annoyed. I kind of like the more passive aggressive playful approach every once in a while.

Mid-week football press conferences, especially involving the Patriots, are next to meaningless. The media chats that matter are those with players unsupervised, a la Ed Reed on the radio throwing his quarterback and offensive line under the bus.

A link or summary of what would be said is all that is missing...

actually, BB loves reed, like ocho when he was a bengal

but when it comes down to it, and we play them, somehow, not sure how, BB makes reed almost a non factor

not sure how much he has to try against him, but reed really has extremely average games against BB, always seeming to be on the wrong side of the field....a lot like Troy

the toughest part about this game will be protecting Brady, and especially Haloti, if we can slow that guy down, then Brady will put up 30+ no prob

LOL.....diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' while reaching for a stick

Reed is completely deserving of everything Belichick, Brady, and Wilfork said about him.

What BB said about Reed and Lewis is absolutely correct, Bill can bs with the best when talking about an opponent in this case though all he had to do was give his honest opinion.

I love Reed..always wanted him on the Pats

I love Reed..always wanted him on the Pats

So did Bill. One of his great drafting regrets is passing on Reed because of character concerns. Have a feeling he was one of those players Bill and Scott opted to agree to disagree on. We took Graham at #21. Ozzie took Ed at #24. Of course we had Lawyer at the time and who knew he'd develop complacency issues. And at least we were able to regroup a year later by signing Rodney.

I think it was in 2006 when Bill was coaching the Pro Bowl and he had Ed and Champ in his secondary. Bill was miked and at one point he met Ed on his way off the field and said If I had you and that corner...that's all I'd need. All.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore