PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone a little nervous about Shayne Graham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, why don't you go back and look at the kickers who are available. Weigh their kick-off ability and their kicking accuracy. Make sure you take into consideration where they kicked (dome vs. open weather). Because, I'd bet the Pats did that in their due diligence before signing Graham.

I imagine this had something to do with it:

Now that he is back in action, though, Graham has to make sure he doesn’t find himself back in those local parks. The Patriots are traveling to Pittsburgh this weekend, and Heinz Field can be a torturous place to play. Graham, though, has converted 9-of-11 field goals in Pittsburgh, and he is one of just two Steelers opponents who has attempted at least 10 field goals at Heinz Field.

Shayne Graham 'Hungry' for Opportunity to Kick for Patriots - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Of course we're nervous. We lost a pro bowl kicker who consistently kicked off for touch backs and was pretty consistent on Figgies.

But, I thought Graham had a decent night for a week's worth of practice with a new team (with a snapper and holder who were also working together for the first time). As for the kickoffs, they weren't great, but don't people here who are pining for AV remember his kickoffs went about the same distance? It used to drive me nuts that our opponents always seemed to start from their 40 yd. line during the superbowl years.

We'll be okay. The rest of the team will have to step it up. We got the best available and we'll have to go with that. Let's give the guy a chance (because really, we have no choice).

He's now 11/11 for us on FGs

Gost was 10/13 before going on IR.

He's now 11/11 for us on FGs

Gost was 10/13 before going on IR.

Yep, the guy's been a more than adequate replacement. Kickoffs still aren't the greatest, but it hasn't hurt us. Go Pats!!

He doesn't have the hammer Gost does on kickoffs but you couldn't ask for anything more from him.

We were lucky such a reliable kicker was available. I remember when we were scared s**tless about ghost early in his career.

We got by with less than booming kickoffs from Vinatieri and we'll have to deal with that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News