PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another edition of Chatham's "No Guts, No Glory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Excuse me if it was already posted somewhere else I didn't see it..

Watching this makes it obvious how little casual tv viewers actually realize happens in terms of play design and how much work McD puts into the offense each week. For the most it's just "good run LGB" or "great YAC Gronk" but they don't realize that them getting open is often due to little subtle schematic things.

I would love to get a longer episode of this one day by Chatham where he tries to annotate a full game..

Great stuff..

That's really great analysis, fun to watch! Man that long one to Gronk had us all up on our feet where I was watching. Kid is so impossible to bring down with that head of steam.

God I LOVE when someone intelligent does these breakdowns. The important thing is they make you understand just how interconnected all these players are. Just how much their good fortune is dependant on SO many others.

Once again Chatham shows just how much he NEEDS to be on a larger stage.

Chatham often offers his insights into what makes plays work. Some of my favorite stuff is when he talks about ST's plays because that's often the part of the game that I think only hardcore fans of the sport understand and care about. Most casual fans use kickoffs and punts as a time to use the bathroom or grab a snack. I posted earlier in the post game thread how amazing it is to watch Slater (and even King and Bolden) do what they do in that phase of the game. It's a thing of beauty, though Slater is definitely at the top in the league in that regard. I know there are other good guys on other teams, but Slater's mastery is perennial.

FWIW- In the BB and Brady book, there is a reference to the main reason Chatham got from PS to a rotational player in the defense: extensive film study. According to Holley, MC was asked by BB and RAC to present to the entire defense various aspects of the opponent at a micro level. The dude knew his ****.

Instead we get Fauria yuking it up for 3 hours and 7 minutes of Chatham in preseason.

Chatham's considerable expertise really causes jealousy on the part of his colleagues on other outlets. It's relatively common on the radio shows, in particular Ordway's, for the hosts to make snide comments about Chatham. As an example, Fauria is clearly resentful of Chatham, and he's not alone. It always intrigues me how petty and jealous the radio people can be in regard to one another.

Chatham's considerable expertise really causes jealousy on the part of his colleagues on other outlets. It's relatively common on the radio shows, in particular Ordway's, for the hosts to make snide comments about Chatham. As an example, Fauria is clearly resentful of Chatham, and he's not alone. It always intrigues me how petty and jealous the radio people can be in regard to one another.

It's hard to get a media job with an "analyst" component while being truly stupid ...

... so in most cases the frauds probably KNOW they are frauds.

It always intrigues me how petty and jealous the radio people can be in regard to one another.

Or they're just trying to fill minutes by faking a rivalry which will give both notoriety.

Or they're just trying to fill minutes by faking a rivalry which will give both notoriety.
Yeah, I think that's a part of it, but there is a larger part that clearly involves some cheap shots from Fauria. These are different from normal banter.

Instead of analysing every game like this, the NFL network thinks the way to fill air-time is to have a bunch of guys sitting round a table shouting at each other and laughing at their own jokes. Thanks for sharing!

FWIW- In the BB and Brady book, there is a reference to the main reason Chatham got from PS to a rotational player in the defense: extensive film study. According to Holley, MC was asked by BB and RAC to present to the entire defense various aspects of the opponent at a micro level. The dude knew his ****.

Instead we get Fauria yuking it up for 3 hours and 7 minutes of Chatham in preseason.
This is some great information, Robert. It's the kind of stuff that you normally have to sift through tons of drivel to find. Thanks!

This is some great information, Robert. It's the kind of stuff that you normally have to sift through tons of drivel to find. Thanks!

So far its a pretty good read. Im about 100 pages in. Lots of good little nuggets. I don't want to give up too much and spoil it for the rest of ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes