PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Davis signs w/Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
NEM, you make me sick.
LMAO. Whatever the Patriots do, it's wrong :)

Davis didn't look like he could do much except run fast in a straight line. Which was disappointing, I thought it was a nice shot we took getting him for a #5.

We've now trade a #2, #3 and #5 for one good year out of Dillon and a good special teams year out of Davis in the Dillon, Starks, Davis trades. This trading picks for veterans doesn't seem to be working out.

bump fo NEM.

Ddi any of you consider that with buffalo signing Davis they are now more likely to dump Eric Moulds?

Ii'd consider that a good deal two years of Branch and Moulds (#1 and #1A) for five years of Andre Davis in Buffalo. By that time the Bills might have a mature contender too...

NEM said:
I had very high hopes for Davis in the upcoming season. He was just beginning to show what he can do, and his size, his height, was a key factor. I dont like the idea of him going to the Bills. He can be a game breaker.

Don't get your hopes up too high on NEM's recommendation.

If memory serves, Davis couldn't break the Active roster for the first few months of the season. Then, only when every other receiver on the roster had failed to impress BB he finally got a shot. If he had 10 catches on the year I'd be surprised.

That being said, of those 10 catches, 2 or 3 were big "veteran savvy" type plays. That's a great guy to have for the playoffs, but, sorry Bills fans - I don't see you going to the playoffs.

JoeSixPat said:
Don't get your hopes up too high on NEM's recommendation.

If memory serves, Davis couldn't break the Active roster for the first few months of the season. Then, only when every other receiver on the roster had failed to impress BB he finally got a shot. If he had 10 catches on the year I'd be surprised.

That being said, of those 10 catches, 2 or 3 were big "veteran savvy" type plays. That's a great guy to have for the playoffs, but, sorry Bills fans - I don't see you going to the playoffs.

JSP -
Davis was injured for the first 2 months of the season. Kinda hard to make the roster when you are hobbled. Though Davis had 9 catches on the year, he did average 21.1 YPR. Davis was also pretty good on the few kick returns he made. 3 KRs for an avg of 36 yards per return. And I am pretty sure he had one or two called back due to penalty.

Now, I am not advocating that Davis is a giant loss for the Pats. Just trying to balance the view a bit.

Andre Davis had a minimal impact on this team. His leaving means virtually nothing other than he is someone else the Pats won't be paying this year. Davis had NINE catches this year for 190yds and ONE TD. I don't want to hear about how he stretched the field, blah, blah, blah...the NFL is all about production and Davis produced almost nothing, why would anyone be concerned he is gone?

I think the Buffalo people have been drinking Lake Ontario water again if they think adding Davis is going to help their passing game. First, they need a QB that can actually play at a NFL level on a consistent level. And if this means that Eric Moulds might be let go then seeing Davis as a fill in for Moulds with 'Loseman' throwing (up) to him is an image that should make every Pat fan feel warm in their bellies......

(Yes, I bumped myself when I realized I originally put this reply in a dead thread, sorry)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes