PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And now ... Shiftgate! Patriots violate 'unwritten rule'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were the Patriots responsible when the Steelers only had 10 defenders on the field? Perhaps they didn't allow a substitution or was it communication equipment or just plain old failure of communication because the Steelers had to prepare for the many types of plays the Patriots run.

Please Mr Belichick, can you limit your offense to 60 or fewer plays. We only have 1 week to prepare and we can't get it all right in such a limited window. The competition committee is expected to announce that all teams will now play the Patriots after their bye week, so they'll have plenty of time to prepare. Those not eligible will just have to suffer through it (perhaps make them home games for AFCE opponents and the 2nd visit will be at Gillette).

What ever happened to admitting the other team executed better and congratulating them?

Don't worry, there will be another rule change in the off season.

That is only in amatuer football, once you turn pro you are supposed to cry about everything.

That's a silly thing for the Steelers to complain about when there were much more legitimate fairness concerns in that game. Like how the Patriots got to field a team of 11 players when the Steelers only lined up 10.
Or the part where that big #87 kept running down the field and didn't invite any Steelers to go with him.

Or the part where that big #87 kept running down the field and didn't invite any Steelers to go with him.

Even worse, he didn't give the ones chasing him time to catch up.

Now that I think of it I repeatedly caught Patriot players trying to outrun defenders, trying to elude tackles, and some trying to catch balls not intended for them. Duron Harmon is looking at a four game suspension for the last one, that was really unsportsmanlike. Breer is right, teams now have full license to complain when the Patriots pull that crap.

"Here I was before having a good and active life. I was proud and loving every day of life."
melissa-after1.jpg

my-600-lb-life-01-515x365.jpg

"Now look at me. If it weren't for the Patriots, I would be still living a happy life. Damn you, Bill Belichick."

My jaw is agape after reading his complaint
1) shifting not allowed????
2) unwritten rule???
3) Saw it on tape but .....a) still unprepared b) saw no flags then so must be illegal now...HUH??????

Let the list of losers grow. Let them have their excuses. Let them believe they must be better than the scoreboard shows. And at the end of the season.....splice together a montage of all the excuses and run it on a loop.
It's NE against the world. Embrace it....Feed off of it...and enjoy it. And when some hillbilly from another fan base starts mouthing off....

Hats off to Kraft Productions for nailing the intro last night. Imagine the collective mindset of the "loser 31" fan base when this song got going.....PERFECT

So what about when the squealers line shifted on a Brady sneak?

It's endemic in Boston. The coaches in Boston train the Red Sox pitchers to simulate a fast ball pitch, while in reality changing up the speed. It gives the pitcher an unfair advantage.

Shift-the-blamegate

ESPN's Chris Mortenson is reporting that the voices in his head said that the NFL Competition Committee will implement a new rule to replace human beings with cardboard cutouts on the defensive line to reduce shifts and stunts that confuse quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger.

Mort could not be reached for comment.
828829811.jpg

Last edited:
As it's been a little while now since I've seen us play Pitt, I forgot that they whined almost as much as Baltimore. At least they weren't diving at knees as was their standard practice earlier in the decade.

There are four games on our schedule that concern me regarding Brady being taken out with a cheap hit. The first was last night and the other three will be the two vs Miami (Suh) and one vs Houston (Watt).

I'm telling you thats the steeler way, i lived there for two years and every time they lost it was a pity potty. They NEVER give any responsibility.

They're so much like their division rivals the "Ratbirds." Fake tough guys who cry like little girls when things don't go their way. Pathetic!

Ben forgot about the unwritten rule to take personal responsibility for one's own failures, blaming a "shifting line" shows his emotional age is that of a petulant child....

But Mort is reporting that Roger is convening a special meeting this afternoon of the competition committee to change this nefarious practice.. because he does not want it to be "hard" for other teams.

If they want to cry about unwritten rules it's not too late to play baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back