PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anatomy of the "G-Lead" Running Play Used Repeatedly

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Power Running behind Big Mike Onwenu on both the right side and left side. Over and over and over. I'm not even complaining. Love doing this repeatedly instead of crappy spread shotgun. Power run all day, every day, the roster is built for this. Then run play-action off this in playoff red zone situations.

So you're saying McDaniels gameplan was genius?

So you're saying McDaniels gameplan was genius?

his trademark is when he likes something, to use it repeatedly over and over and over, endlessly. In the past that was crappy spread shotgun, that's all he knew. In this case I'm fine with a power running attack. Because that's what is ideal for this roster and also to protect this rookie QB. So while he may not be the brightest bulb in the league, in this case I am totally on board with running behind Mike Onwenu two dozen times every single game. I'm fine that this is one of the things that's locked into his limited brain now, it's exactly the way the Pats should be playing, it unfortunately only took going 2-4 first to figure this out.

Last edited:
Power Running behind Big Mike Onwenu on both the right side and left side. Over and over and over. I'm not even complaining. Love doing this repeatedly instead of crappy spread shotgun. Power run all day, every day, the roster is built for this. Then run play-action off this in playoff red zone situations.

lol.. Henry McKenna ripping off Baldy.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back