PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Honest Mistake by Wells, Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson 2

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From a piece posted on csnne.com: During his hissy fit yesterday Ted Wells indicated that nothing in Brady's testimony or the release of the notes of that testimony would have caused him to change his "decision." A Freudian slip of the tongue or just a case of misspeaking?

Wells admitted in his call he felt they were guilty and only used the "more probable than not" wording because the NFL wanted it, supposedly. I would imagine that's what he means, nothing Brady said would change the guilty verdict in his head. It sounds like he was saying that he felt that way prior to the interview but I think he meant that nothing in Yee's notes is going to change anything.

Wells admitted in his call he felt they were guilty and only used the "more probable than not" wording because the NFL wanted it, supposedly. I would imagine that's what he means, nothing Brady said would change the guilty verdict in his head. It sounds like he was saying that he felt that way prior to the interview but I think he meant that nothing in Yee's notes is going to change anything.
I understand that, but why did Wells used the word "decision?" Was he involved in the discipline decision?

I understand that, but why did Wells used the word "decision?" Was he involved in the discipline decision?
I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant his decision to find them guilty.

Wells and honest don't go in the same sentence
I know judging people by some characteristics is dangerous, but was anyone else but me surprised by Wells' lack of eloquence? Frankly, I found him not very well-spoken, frazzled, emotional and lacking presence. He was exactly what I didn't expect, given his pedigree. Oh, and by the way, he wasn't much better appearance-wise. He looks like he could be a colleague of Johnny "Wadd" Holmes...

Wasn't there only like 2 things from Brady's testimony that made it into the report? Seems odd that you have the guy for hours and only two things make it in. Thought this was an independent non-bias investigation yet the guy who is being accused 2 things of testimony make it.

It really shows you what Wells directive was, a narrative to make it so they could be punished. Guy knew he wasn't going to give up his phone, he asked for it so he could muddy the waters. Any text Brady had would have been on either of the other guys phones. Also Brady clearly was instructed by legal counsel not to give it up or he would have. Where is the punishment for Gostkowski not giving up his phone?

Douchebag felger talking about he didn't give up the phone because there is something bad on it, no you idiot Wells has a history of using texts that have nothing to do with the situation.

I pointed this out yesterday. If nothing was going to change his mind, why did he need to interview McNally again and why did he need Brady's cell phone records? What would be the point?

Funny how sloppy wording when taken out of context can be misinterpreted. :D

I know judging people by some characteristics is dangerous, but was anyone else but me surprised by Wells' lack of eloquence? Frankly, I found him not very well-spoken, frazzled, emotional and lacking presence. He was exactly what I didn't expect, given his pedigree. Oh, and by the way, he wasn't much better appearance-wise. He looks like he could be a colleague of Johnny "Wadd" Holmes...

This is exactly why I have a strong dislike for Greg Bedard now. Saying the Wells came out looking great and made Yee look bad. Sorry Greg, Yee is the one that made Wells come out and try to defend himself which he did a bad job, he even said some things that will come back to bite him and then after only taking some question abruptly ended the conference call.

If his report was as good as he says it is and there was no bias he never would have done what he did. Yee baited him and he bit.

Last edited:
It's not up to Ted Wells to decide whether to keep or omit testimony. He should have put Brady's testimony in the report and let everyone else decide. what an arrogant jerk.

I pointed this out yesterday. If nothing was going to change his mind, why did he need to interview McNally again and why did he need Brady's cell phone records? What would be the point?

Because it is what he wanted to help the narrative.

He knew Brady was going to say no and they knew the Pats weren't going to allow McNally to speak for a 5th time. That way they go after them for being uncooperative. If he really wanted to interview McNally again he would have done the phone interview, him not doing it gives an indication that he never really had anything else to interview McNally on.

It's not up to Ted Wells to decide whether to keep or omit testimony. He should have put Brady's testimony in the report and let everyone else decide. what an arrogant jerk.

If you include both sides of the debate it's much harder to railroad people into the conclusion you want them to come to.

So the NFL was co-author of this independent report? Lmao. So many holes. I hope Brady's attorney Kessler checks out patsfans for some nuggets.

So the NFL was co-author of this independent report? Lmao. So many holes. I hope Brady's attorney Kessler checks out patsfans for some nuggets.
Precisely... How can Wells claim full independence if he admits he wrote the report to fit the language the NFL wanted? Clearly there was communication there. Many, many holes; Kessler will have a field day. He'll start work at 8:00 am and be done with Brady's appeal defense by lunch.

This thing is so easy to pick through wouldn't surprise me if Kessler had all his arguments ready before NFL sets a date for the appeal.

Guy is s piece of ****. How people like this make millions is beyond me. Here is to crashing his car into a pole.

I agree, I was surprised when I heard Wells speak. I was expecting the cool calm Lawyer you see on TV talking about their clients. I found like you that Wells sounded frazzled and emotional. Amazing how it affects people when their integrity is put into doubt when you think they have no cause. I guess Wells doesn't like it too much when he is on the receiving end.

This thing is so easy to pick through wouldn't surprise me if Kessler had all his arguments ready before NFL sets a date for the appeal.

He will have a field day with the Mort report and Blandino thing before he even starts with the Wells nonsense.

This is exactly why I have a strong dislike for Greg Bedard now. Saying the Wells came out looking great and made Yee look bad. Sorry Greg, Yee is the one that made Wells coming out and try to defend himself which he did a bad job, he even said some things that will come back to bite him and then after only take some question abruptly ended the conference call.

If his report was as good as he says it is and there was no bias he never would have done what he did. Yee baited him and he bit.
Then Bedard's dead wrong. I agree. Yee on the radio Friday and Monday was as smooth as silk, and I don't mean that negatively. He was polite, yet respectfully forceful. Yee baited the hook, dropped it in the water and Wells gobbled it almost before it was wet. Amateur hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST