PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Millstein: Brady's chances of en banc hearing dramatically improved with latest amicus filings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the controversy revolves around the Jets decision to lowball the hell out of him when they actually had the most effective offense in years last season (typical NYJ move).

The additions of healthy burner WR Devin Smith and RB Matt Forte may allow them to hover around the 10 win mark again, so they'll probably be our main competitor. That's assuming of course, that they have an actual QB.

As Pat fans we'd much rather see things go through Geno Smith, so that's what I'm hoping for. It's hard to imagine the Jets not upping their offer to Fitzpatrick, though. They'd have to be idiots not to. Kudos to Fitzpatrick for holding his ground.

Well that is the popular opinion in Jet land and in the media. Though myself and actually a decent portion of other fans think the current offer out to Fitz is too much already (3 years 24mil with potential to jump to 36mil w/performance bonuses).

I don't see Maccagnan raising the offer at all. Fitz has no other offers. I mean it's July. Camp starts in a couple weeks and no team wants him.

So it's wait for a potential injury to another starting QB and hope that team feels he's worth a decent deal, sign the current offer within the next month, or retire.

I'd rather roll w/Geno. Either way though, should be an improved team. Whether or not it's improved enough to compete vs a brutal schedule is another story. Especially our first 7 games... smh.

Stay away from him you brazen hussy!!

He's all mine...:angry:
xf0k9.jpg

Well that is the popular opinion in Jet land and in the media. Though myself and actually a decent portion of other fans think the current offer out to Fitz is too much already (3 years 24mil with potential to jump to 36mil w/performance bonuses).

I don't see Maccagnan raising the offer at all. Fitz has no other offers. I mean it's July. Camp starts in a couple weeks and no team wants him.

So it's wait for a potential injury to another starting QB and hope that team feels he's worth a decent deal, sign the current offer within the next month, or retire.

I'd rather roll w/Geno. Either way though, should be an improved team. Whether of not it's improved enough to compete vs a brutal schedule is another story. Especially our first 7 games... smh.

I dunno, man. If Fitzpatrick wants to be paid like a mid-bottom tiered QB at something around 12 million dollars per year, I think you give it to him. If he reaches those escalators, it's good for your team, and he has earned his payday.

The results from last season speak for themselves (in my opinion). That said, I'm perfectly fine with seeing Geno Smith twice a year. ;)

BRING BACK SANCHEESE!!!

If we're talking as a starting QB? I'd prefer Mark over Fitz.

Different story as a backup though. Fitz was built to be an NFL backup. Too bad he gets these occurrences of insanity every few years when he thinks he's a legit starter.

BRING BACK SANCHEESE!!!

Save that one for when we kick the Broncos' asses this year, Joe. :cool: We can still have plenty of fun at the expense of Sanchez.

I dunno, man. If Fitzpatrick wants to be paid like a mid-bottom tiered QB at something around 12 million dollars per year, I think you give it to him. If he reaches those escalators, it's good for your team, and he has earned his payday.

The results from last season speak for themselves (in my opinion). That said, I'm perfectly fine with seeing Geno Smith twice a year. ;)

Lol, I'm sure you are. Though I'm betting you'd actually be pretty disappointed.

More than happy to go into the Geno vs Fitz debate if ya want, but probably not the best thread for it. @XLIX is already having a hissy fit and calling for me to be banned.

Maybe over in the Jets Suck thread?

Lol, I'm sure you are. Though I'm betting you'd actually be pretty disappointed.

More than happy to go into the Geno vs Fitz debate if ya want, but probably not the best thread for it. @XLIX is already having a hissy fit and calling for me to be banned.

Maybe over in the Jets Suck thread?

Sure, man. Sounds good. If I don't respond it's not b/c I'm being rude or blowing you off. I'm waiting to leave and will respond later on.

Sure, man. Sounds good. If I don't respond it's not b/c I'm being rude or blowing you off. I'm waiting to leave and will respond later on.

No rush. I'm tired of the debate with Jet fans. Been going for six months now. Wouldn't mind your guys' perspectives, but no need for it right away.

Just didn't wanna cut off the discussion here w/o explaining why. (Guys gettin' pissy because of off topic discussions.)

No rush. I'm tired of the debate with Jet fans. Been going for six months now. Wouldn't mind your guys' perspectives, but no need for it right away.

Just didn't wanna cut off the discussion here w/o explaining why. (Guys gettin' pissy because of off topic discussions.)

For what it's worth, we have some excellent posters here who are Jets fans. @Gunnails is certainly the best.

I think there are many who can tell that you're an okay guy, but you already have the mark of the devil due to that **** team that you root for, meaning that you'll have to continue to take some comments with a grain of salt. Anything remotely controversial is going to hurt you badly.

I think there are many who can tell that you're an okay guy
Actually most people in here agree that he is a piece of **** troll and his whole passive aggressive "Tom Brady is a great quarterback buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.........." routine is wearing thin.

I'm hardly the first who said he should be banned, and I won't be the last.

Actually most people in here agree that he is a piece of **** troll and his whole passive aggressive "Tom Brady is a great quarterback buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.........." routine is wearing thin.

I'm hardly the first who said he should be banned, and I won't be the last.

tumblr_mrw1bsakek1rm50v4o6_250.gif

I thought you didn't want to argue, troll.

I don't. (And won't.) Was just letting ya know how I felt. Your comments were very hurtful, but I didn't cry.

I don't. (And won't.)
Well for someone who doesn't want to argue, you sure are disagreeing with an awful lot of my posts, troll.

If we're talking as a starting QB? I'd prefer Mark over Fitz.

Different story as a backup though. Fitz was built to be an NFL backup. Too bad he gets these occurrences of insanity every few years when he thinks he's a legit starter.
You have watched so many years is pathetic QB play that when you finally have one play well you don't understand what you see.
Hint: with geno at QB even against the weak schedule you played you would have been 6-10 and you have gotten worse.

You have watched so many years is pathetic QB play that when you finally have one play well you don't understand what you see.
Hint: with geno at QB even against the weak schedule you played you would have been 6-10 and you have gotten worse.

6-10? Yet Geno's rookie year we went 8-8 with a team not nearly as good. Makes sense.

Don't think I've disagreed with anything you've said. In fact I said you had a valid opinion on the Brady situation. Other than that, I'm just replying to your questions and insults.

Regarding being a troll... go back a few pages and read through the conversation. Who's being the troll?
You're a troll who does nothing here but insult Patriots fans and trash talk Tom Brady for opposing his suspension. You attacked me personally when I invited you to leave the conversation if you don't want to take part in it.

This forum is called PATS FANS - not Jets trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back