PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick arrested for pot - how far could he fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone needs evidence that drugs addle the mind, they only have to look at draft prospects come draft time. What an idiot! How much money does he likely lose for a brief high?

Still, hope this means he falls to the Pats. Jaguars are ripping his name off the board as we speak.

Do you take him with 1 of the 1sts? If he's at 47 I gotta believe we're taking him. Either way I'm def mocking him to us from now on.

Last edited:
If you scroll down the comments section there is a link to a picture of his car. You can tell a lot about a man by the car he drives. Dre drives a black Dodge Charger (the new model, not the old muscle car) with chrome rims, tinted windows, and sticker that says "Dre Kirk" on the side.

Far from ideal in my opinion.

And for the record I hope we take him.

how far would you be will to risk him slipping? take him in the 1st or wait til the 2nd?

how far would you be will to risk him slipping? take him in the 1st or wait til the 2nd?

I love his game so if is name is called at 27, I'm not going to be disappointed. In the top 10-15, there's a huge risk reward factor. That's mitigated late in the first, particularly when you've got two picks. Still, and bear in mind that Justin Houston slipped from the first to the third, if they can wait him out to 48 then that would be sensational.

He won't slip far. Harvin tested positive and didn't slip. Hernandez was different as he had reports of multiple failed tests and other issues; thankfully they seem to have been mistakes of youth and no more. Dre wasn't a top 10 pick before this so he may get close to us but he won't slip far, it at all, unless this is a window into other problems.

I love his game so if is name is called at 27, I'm not going to be disappointed. In the top 10-15, there's a huge risk reward factor. That's mitigated late in the first, particularly when you've got two picks. Still, and bear in mind that Justin Houston slipped from the first to the third, if they can wait him out to 48 then that would be sensational.

I won't be disappointed, but there are a lot of prospects I'd rather have at 27. Actually, I'd rather had the other cornerback with drug problems, Janoris Jenkins.

best to avoid people with problems like that. An ego that big sometimes doesn't take coaching well.

I won't be disappointed, but there are a lot of prospects I'd rather have at 27. Actually, I'd rather had the other cornerback with drug problems, Janoris Jenkins.

You know, after thinking about this more, I'm not really sure how I feel. Kirkpatrick has a higher ceiling. He is longer, a hard hitter, is aggressive versus the running game. Jenkins is none of those, but he is a better cover corner right now, and doesn't have trouble with the best WRs in the game.

This will affect his draft stock, but I'm not sure this arrest is a huge deal. I'm no lawyer, but he was released for a $120 bond. That doesn't sound like a lot, and 'less than 20 grams' could just be a little joint, right?

but he didn’t realize at the time what was being bought,

Yeah... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry officer, . . . . I didn't know I couldn't do that. :D

Seriously though I'm loving the thought of McCourty at FS full time with Arrington / Kirkpatrick / Dowling / Moore as our top 4 corners.

I don't want Dre, even if he falls to 32. So many good players in this draft, we don't need to add his rock star personality to a locker room filled with blue collar pros.

I don't want Dre, even if he falls to 32. So many good players in this draft, we don't need to add his rock star personality to a locker room filled with blue collar pros.

He would be great for us. Aaron Hernandez had weed issues but look how hes turned out... I think if he falls to even 27 we should take him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes