PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Derby traded to Broncos for 2017 5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots were busy today. They also got Kyle Van Noy from the Lions!

Marcel Reece coming?

I liked Derby so I am surprised BB did this. Although he is inexperienced other than preseason so it's not that bad.

With a roster spot out....I wonder if Marcel Reece takes it. Hybrid FB/TE.

It's been a month since he's visited. I'd be surprised personally, but I've been wrong on pretty much every personnel transaction recently so there's that......

Wow...a 5th rounder for someone who's never even contributed a meaningful snap!?!

The Donkeys must really like him...question is, why didn't we?

Ok, show of hands:

Who saw this one coming?

I certainly saw him being cut .. but getting a 5th rounder not really
They tested him in blocking, STs lately and he didn't show up so he went back to inactives last game.
They have better receivers hardly seeing the field ..

Boy, and I thought the Van Noy trade was odd. So basically we add a player where we seem to have some depth and subtract a player in an area where we are now very thin. Bill certainly moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to behold..

I liked Derby as a developmental project behind Bennett and Gronk, but clearly BB has soured on him for some reason, and decided to get at least SOME value for him before he was forced to just release him and watch him get picked up on the waiver wire.

Clearly the choice of WHERE to trade him was odd to say the least. We still have an open roster spot. I don't think he's done yet. In the mean time we still better get another TE.

FWIW..Reece is following Bennett now on Twitter.......

Is that a recent development? Remember that the Reece speculation began when he started following the Patriots immediately following his visit last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back