PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCCG Pats/Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers are only impressive to their own fans. If the Dolts had tried the FG on the second-to-last possession, they could have tried for another FG at the end to win. Dungy lost that game and the Chargers were lucky.

Re: Official Pats vs Bolts AFCCG Thread

Chargers have big, physical receivers, which can cause problems for our small, not so physical corners.
Charger WRs are average height. The three who caught passes today:

Jackson 6-5
Naanee 6-2
Chambers 5-11
Average height = 6-2

By comparison the four Pats receivers who caught passes yesterday:
Moss 6-4
Gaffney 6-1
Stallworth 6-0
Welker 5-9
Average height = 6-1

I seriously doubt that your Chargers WRs will present more problems for our Patriots DBs than the other way around.

No one this season has been able to bring consistent pressure against the league's MVP. And unless we do so Sunday, we may be in for even more trouble than we were in in Week 2.

It will be an interesting week.

No one this season has been able to bring consistent pressure against the league's MVP. And unless we do so Sunday, we may be in for even more trouble than we were in in Week 2.

It will be an interesting week.

Yes they have and it's called Brady just beat them.

I already know whats going to happen when you lose next weekend. BB will turn red and cry, TB will suck his thumb after he breaks a nail. Bridgete Moynahan will be laughing. and I hope LT stomps all over midfield, and then pretends to film BB crying.

--Post Game conference--
"Congratulations on your perfect regular season record...We feel really bad for your team BB, so we are giving your team free tickets to Disneyland anyway." - Norv Turner

I hope Chargers win by a point in the most nailbiting final ever with lots of errors so you all can whine about it for a few months.

MA is full of mountain men who have never seen a razor. Ironic you play in that stadium.

Well I was hoping for a few days of peace but the average tag-still-in-the-powder-blue fans are showing up.

Don't say you deserved otherwise when you're laughed out of here.

Re: Official Pats vs Bolts AFCCG Thread

Chargers have big, physical receivers, which can cause problems for our small, not so physical corners.

like jax...?

wait --- do they have a really tough physical defense?

Chargers are only impressive to their own fans. If the Dolts had tried the FG on the second-to-last possession, they could have tried for another FG at the end to win. Dungy lost that game and the Chargers were lucky.
I agree with your conclusion that Dungy was partially responsible for the loss, along with Manning choking, but it is not so simple. Had they made a FG, the Chargers would not have been pinned on their own five and may have moved the ball better, and may have scored an answering FG themselves.

The Chargers did to the Colts what the Eagles, Ravens and Giants did to us: had a great game plan and executed it superbly. The difference is that the Colts could not overcome this, as the Pats did with the Eagles and Giants (the Ravens simply self-destructed at the end).

But it is odd that Dungy didn't go for the FG, and even odder that he did not blitz Rivers who was basically immobile and easy to fluster.

I am disappointed in a way, as Pats-Colts would have been an amazing game, but there is no doubt the Chargers made our path to 19-0 much, much easier by replacing the Colts as our AFCCG opponent. Sure, the Chargers beat the Colts, but they are a much less dangerous opponent. KC beat San Diego this year, and the Jets beat the Steelers, and other teams beat teams they "shouldn't" have. Just means on that given Sunday ...

I am disappointed in a way, as Pats-Colts would have been an amazing game, but there is no doubt the Chargers made our path to 19-0 much, much easier by replacing the Colts as our AFCCG opponent. Sure, the Chargers beat the Colts, but they are a much less dangerous opponent. KC beat San Diego this year, and the Jets beat the Steelers, and other teams beat teams they "shouldn't" have. Just means on that given Sunday ...

What happened today is not an anomaly. "On any given Sunday" has turned into "on every given Sunday the Chargers will beat the Colts." Three in a row now for the Chargers over the Colts including two at the Colts house. The Chargers are simply better than the Colts when they matched up against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes