PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Divisional: We're on to the Chargers (Beat LA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Chargers running game could be a major problem for us, lets face it the Ravens front seven is better than ours.

Gotta get the run game going. I think we will we able to do that. That will be big at home. I want 150 yards rushing. No turnovers, we do that we win

The last five minutes of the game today removed any anxiety I had about the Chargers coming into Foxboro and beating the Pats in a playoff game. They did everything they could to choke that game away to a rookie QB whose strength is running the football. Yet there he was carving up the Chargers vaunted defense like it was a holiday turkey. IMO if the Pats bring their A game no way they get beat by Ol man Rivers and Co.

Pats could have a long day. We drew the short straw.

The good news is we will know what kind of team we are if we win.

Your last sentence sums up my feelings perfectly. This year’s team has had some head scratchers. As optimistic fans we have to believe they will turn it on right now, but more often than not you are what you are.

This is one of those team defining games, aside from obvious reasons.

Good luck as really Chargers are hot. Just hope that it is anybody BUT the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Just looked up the stats. Pats ran for 160 plus 4 times at home this year. The other games were 131,122,123, and 97. It would take a serious defensive meltdown to lose a game if we run for over 150 and don’t turn the ball over to lose

Boas makes a big play once in a while and then he’s quiet. He gets sacks but fewer pressures. Tre gets pressures. I think you’re selling him short.

They’re WRs are decent but overrated (pretty ordinary today). DT look equal - Jones = Guy. Philon and Square are nothing special and neither are Butler and Brown.

Gordon hasn’t had a monster game against a decent defense all year. He’s a good player but there are better backs.

Hey, look, maybe LA plays a great game and they outcoach the Pats like they schooled the Ravens. I wouldn’t bet on it.
Bosa has as many pressures as anyone since coming into the league or he's top 3-5. Great all around player

I think the Chargers running game could be a major problem for us, lets face it the Ravens front seven is better than ours.
Their running back is dinged up. Coming into freezing Foxboro won't help with that.

Presumably because an Eagles team that makes the SB means they won AT Chicago, New Orleans, and then LA or DAL, and that would look to be a squad that is playing elite football and brimming with confidence. They made the plays they had to today in CHI and that’s what it’s about. I think they got lucky against a rookie coach and 1st game QB who missed some plays (their run commitment and choices were odd, that weird “catch” at the end of the first half would have been a TD if he’d thrown the ball a yard further, and Allen Robinson could have had double the yards if they’d thrown to him more). I would be surprised if that held true against their next two opponents. Big **** Nick came thru on the last drive but was decidedly mediocre most of the way. They were gifted their first TD by penalties.

Presumably because an Eagles team that makes the SB means they won AT Chicago, New Orleans, and then LA or DAL, and that would look to be a squad that is playing elite football and brimming with confidence. They made the plays they had to today in CHI and that’s what it’s about. I think they got lucky against a rookie coach and 1st game QB who missed some plays (their run commitment and choices were odd, that weird “catch” at the end of the first half would have been a TD if he’d thrown the ball a yard further, and Allen Robinson could have had double the yards if they’d thrown to him more). I would be surprised if that held true against their next two opponents. Big **** Nick came thru on the last drive but was decidedly mediocre most of the way. They were gifted their first TD by penalties.

Philly is not making the superbowl. For someone to be afraid of them making it is so odd to me. They're going to be destroyed by NO next week. Everyone quote this, please. Philly is getting absolutely destroyed next week.

Philly is not making the superbowl. For someone to be afraid of them making it is so odd to me. They're going to be destroyed by NO next week. Everyone quote this, please. Philly is getting absolutely destroyed next week.
Foles is a God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick