PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC divisional finals, Jets vs Pats breakdown/analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has JMcD been hired by anyone? I would love to have him back, I am pretty sure Brady would too...

I saw a rumor that the rams are locking him up.

anyway, no offense to mcd --- I think he's good, but I'd rather not go down that road again.

Thanks for the good read as usual, Patspsycho. I enjoy reading your breakdowns, and I appreciate you explaining the finer points.

I have very little knowledge of the Xs and Os, but one thing I saw that made know were going to lose this game: this was last year's offense. A shotgun spread with an empty backfield. This has not worked since 2007. Some of us were talking about this a couple of games ago (as usual, it was ignored due to the win). When you see the team going out of shotgun with an empty backfield on third and short or third and medium, it seems like they are panicking and believing that Brady will do more than he will actually do.

I was very disappointed because I felt they were predictable this game, and this is despite having a bunch of valuable chess pieces like Woodhead and Gronkowski. I watch the games with my wife, and I usually am right about 50% of the time in figuring out where the ball is going. This game, I was right about 90% of the time. That's not good. It seems to me that the Jets DID NOT BITE on any playaction attempts? Were my eyes fooling me?

Also, this is a footnote, but did the Jets REALLY not see the direct snap to BJGE on the two-point conversion? I walked up to the television and put my finger on him to tell my wife to watch this guy, because he's receiving the direct snap. I think they've run that same play on every 2 pt attempt since 2001. Glad they made it, but another example, to me, of their predictability.

If you wouldn't mind, psycho, could you give a brief run down of Aaron Hernandez? It seemed like the Patriots just did not use him enough. Did they try to get him involved, or did they just leave him out of the gameplan? Not sure how bad that injury was, but he seemed to be the perfect Jets killer with his size and speed.

Empty backfield formation is okay when used in moderation or when it is working.

I think you mean to say Morris on the 2 point conversion? Even if you saw it, it still worked. It fooled the Jets and that's all that matters.

I have not finished breaking down the game so will have to wait on remarking on Hernandez, but if anyone else has some insights on this, please go right ahead.

Patspsycho what was the starting field position of the Jets offense threwout the game? If I remember correctly they stated 3x on the 30,30 and 10 YL of N.E., could you clear that up for me?

I don't recall the exact numbers but I think the Jets average start was on their 40 and we were always starting on our 10.

I don't see how NOT scoring 14 points does not change the game.

Like you said, the offense was working splendidly on the first draft and the INT killed the draft and most likely took 7 points away from our team. The dropped Crumpler pass took away 4 points from the team.

Going up 14-0 as opposed to 3-0 at then end of the first quarter certainly changes the mindset and game-plan of the Jets. Sure, there are three quarters left and they can still run the ball as much as they like, but they are certainly under more pressure to score TDs. Psychologically, after losing 45-3 not too long ago and then going down 14-0 again, there has to be some strain on them.

There are many other things the Patriots could've done better after the dropped pass and the interception, but to completely rule these out as non-factors to the result of the game is foolish. This year, the Patriots are a team that thrived on turnovers, ball security, and getting ahead.

I am making my judgements on the overall state of the team as they were playing, and did not see any desperation on their part when those things happened. Not until the fake punt were they forcing the issue.

You are correct that there was strain on them right from the start because they were unaccustomed to not scoring, but this doesn't necessarily translate to what transpires on the field as long as they follow the game plan and persist in being mentally tough. But as this is a young squad (OC included!) it was only a matter of time before the breakdowns started, especially considering the pressure of the playoffs.

Going to look at the game closely then step back and look at the big picture here.

There are quite a few myths to dispel here.

Brady's INT had no effect on the game (Jets did not score)

Welker's benching had no effect on the game (that first drive was pretty efficient right up to the bad screen pass by Brady.

Crumpler's drop had no effect on the game.

::Snip::

Great post, I agree with pretty much everything except I disagree about Brady's interception and Crumpler's drop in the endzone didn't effect the outcome, we gave up points no matter how you look at it.

One thing I don't see people mentioning about the infamous 7 minute drive in the 4th is the fact we were down by 10 at that point, got to the jets 34, and instead of kicking a FG with 5+ minutes left we try for a 4 and 13??? That's approaching fake punt in stupidness.

After this boneheaded decision we managed to force the Jets to go 3 and out and get we got a FG, but there was so little time we then had to try an onsides kick which Cromartie returned to our 20, which pretty much sealed the game.

Last edited:
I don't recall the exact numbers but I think the Jets average start was on their 40 and we were always starting on our 10.

You can see them here

New York Jets vs. New England Patriots - Drive Chart - January 16, 2011 - ESPN

The most telling thing about them imo is on the Jets 4 scoring drives:

NYJ 46 (after Brady was sacked for 9 yards forcing us to punt almost in our endzone)

NWE 37 Fake Punt

NYJ 25 I believe this was the drive were Crothery had the 58 yard catch, really the only drive were they went the distance.

NWE 20 Cromartie returns onside kick to our 20 after the 2 minute warning.

Last edited:
Last edited:
3rd and 2 8:58 in the 2nd in what is probably the stupidest playcall of the entire game, Pats are in compressed 2x2 in Ace (212) Gronk and Hern are for some reason in 3 point strongside. On the other end Welker and Branch are stacked. Woodhead motions to make this a trips right. Jets do a great job of disguise at the line, trying to show zone (they switch assignment on Woodhead instead of sending a DB in motion to shadow, this is a great disciplined disguise) but then elapsing into man to man with only Harris in robber. This is the first time we see Brady become skittish. He misses Woodhead on an out route, misses Welker in the flat, and misses Branch on the outside, before trying for Gronk's outside shoulder. Just a terrible, terrible decision to go with the empty over a run play.

On the ensuing drive, the Jets grow some really big balls, and you can just see the confidence level just rising and rising. Yet, we stopped them, yet again.

We get the ball back, more ******* woodhead, woodhead, woodhead. 3rd and 4, who else? Woodhead. This is the third straight 3rd and short with the SAME formation. Jets are just reading this play through and through and playing it perfectly.

Then of course we have the botched snap. This has been nitpicked to death elsewhere so I am not going to go into depth, except to say that at this point being down by four doesn't warrant such a risky play, but as has been said, the pressure seems to be getting to the team and they seem to try to be forcing the issue, trying to make something happen instead of being patient- pretty much a sign of immaturity. Chung makes the very fundamental mistake of looking upfield before catching the ball.

Just a giant momentum shift here. Jets smell blood. Wilfork is not in on the first Jets play and Jets call for a draw up the middle on the 24 nickel, and a nice wham block sends LT up the A gap for a nice long gain. Great recognition and great call. Next play, LT again on the end around, and this is the play where Eric Moore tweaks his hamstring and leaves the game for good.

Great post, I agree with pretty much everything except I disagree about Brady's interception and Crumpler's drop in the endzone didn't effect the outcome, we gave up points no matter how you look at it.

Again I am speaking of the team's psyche and this is probably the most subjective judgement anyone can make- because you can't just put a number on it or put a finger on it. All I can say is that their performance did not turn desperate after those things happen. It only started becoming desperate, starting with the play-calling when the Jets started scoring and we didn't.

The playcalling turned downright uncreative. We are at our best when we mix it up and we are at our worst when we turn one dimensional.

Last edited:
Again I am speaking of the team's psyche and this is probably the most subjective judgement anyone can play- because you can't just put a number on it or put a finger on it. All I can say is that their performance did not turn desperate after those things happen. It only started becoming desperate, starting with the play-calling when the Jets started scoring and we didn't.

The playcalling turned downright uncreative. We are at our best when we mix it up and we are at our worst when we turn one dimensional.

Ah, well something seemed to change after our second drive (crumpler's dropped pass) as we didn't move the ball like that again until well after halftime. Whether it was psychological or just the Jets making effective adjustments or both I can't say for sure so I won't disagree with you there.

Ah, well something seemed to change after our second drive (crumpler's dropped pass) as we didn't move the ball like that again until well after halftime. Whether it was psychological or just the Jets making effective adjustments or both I can't say for sure so I won't disagree with you there.

Not looking to disagree here. There are more ways than one to look at the game and at what happened.

The first drive was the best because it had a good mix, two trick plays, and those two drives featured the run which just suddenly disappeared and that's when we started stalling out on those 3rd and 5's.

One thing I don't see people mentioning about the infamous 7 minute drive in the 4th is the fact we were down by 10 at that point, got to the jets 34, and instead of kicking a FG with 5+ minutes left we try for a 4 and 13??? That's approaching fake punt in stupidness.

After this boneheaded decision we managed to force the Jets to go 3 and out and get we got a FG, but there was so little time we then had to try an onsides kick which Cromartie returned to our 20, wh--ich pretty much sealed the game.

This. The decisions leading up to the 4 and 13, then the actual decision to go for it, lost the game right there. And this is all on BB; typical, like the 4th and 3 in Indy last year and the 4th and 12 or whatever in SB42 [it's eerie how much this game felt like that one]. Desperation moves that assume the Offense's chances of converting a 4th and long are better than 50-50. Borders on madness.

The Jets defense was really making it hard on us on that drive Even though we were [slowly] moving downfield, getting a TD there would have been tough. Calling a third down play that lets you kick a FG of 45 yards or so is a no-brainer--you take the 3, make it a 1 possession game with plenty of time on the clock, crowd goes into a frenzy, you make a stop, and Brady get the potential game-tying drive served up on a silver platter.

Just finished reviewing the first half. Not sure I want to do the 2nd half. This is just disgusting.

I went back to look at the first half one more time, just to look at the Jets. The stunning thing was how many DB's they had on the field.. they were in nickel and dime most of the time, even 7 and more DB's. This just reinforces my notion that the Jets were daring us to run, and we just didn't.

I also was thinking that Brady was off or skittish or that there was something wrong with him. This doesn't seem to be the case, however it doesn't excuse him from a subpar performance, or failing to rise to the occasion, to find a way to win. This is his third straight playoff loss, the last two being one and done.

A lot of our receivers got hit, or chipped hard at the line of scrimmage, so many of the timed routes were off. Also the linemen were reaching out and hitting anyone within the five yard legal chuck zone. I think the Jets game plan was to just disrupt, disrupt, hit people, just disrupt the timing, and this comes from the Packers game plan.

I am not familiar with the Jets defensive schemes or packages, but it seems like they came with a lot of different packages this time. It was clear that they were targeting the pass game, exclusively.

They didn't win the game. We lost it. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
This. The decisions leading up to the 4 and 13, then the actual decision to go for it, lost the game right there. And this is all on BB; typical, like the 4th and 3 in Indy last year and the 4th and 12 or whatever in SB42 [it's eerie how much this game felt like that one]. Desperation moves that assume the Offense's chances of converting a 4th and long are better than 50-50. Borders on madness.

The Jets defense was really making it hard on us on that drive Even though we were [slowly] moving downfield, getting a TD there would have been tough. Calling a third down play that lets you kick a FG of 45 yards or so is a no-brainer--you take the 3, make it a 1 possession game with plenty of time on the clock, crowd goes into a frenzy, you make a stop, and Brady get the potential game-tying drive served up on a silver platter.

I may be mistaken, but that wouldve been a 52 yard FG right? I havent rewatched the game, but thats what I remembered. If it was, maybe BB wasnt confident that Graham had enough leg for that. :confused:

Just finished reviewing the first half. Not sure I want to do the 2nd half. This is just disgusting.

I went back to look at the first half one more time, just to look at the Jets. The stunning thing was how many DB's they had on the field.. they were in nickel and dime most of the time, even 7 and more DB's. This just reinforces my notion that the Jets were daring us to run, and we just didn't.

I also made a mistake in thinking that Brady was off or skittish or that there was something wrong with him. I was wrong.

A lot of our receivers got hit, or chipped hard at the line of scrimmage, so many of the timed routes were off. Also the linemen were reaching out and hitting anyone within the five yard legal chuck zone. I think the Jets game plan was to just disrupt, disrupt, hit people, just disrupt the timing, and this comes from the Packers game plan.

I am not familiar with the Jets defensive schemes or packages, but it seems like they came with a lot of different packages this time. It was clear that they were targeting the pass game, exclusively.

They didn't win the game. We lost it. That's all there is to it.

From what you're saying, it sounds like the Jets called our bluff, just as teams have done frequently in the postseason. This year, Brady only threw for 3900 yards, yet this offense was terrific. We heard all year about the balance and how the Pats could beat teams in a variety of ways.

Push comes to shove and the Pats need to score in the big game. What do they do? Scrap a perfectly strong rushing attack that the defense is conceding the five yards and instead put our season in the hands of the passing game we worship. The Jets probably knew that, in this situation, the Patriots really don't have confidence in their running game; this has been evident for years. This is where the cold, calculating coaching of the Patriots should play the odds, as they do in any other situation, but here they play right into the Jets strategy by continuing to throw against the grain.

I really believe the team has a lot of growing to do, and much of that is believing in each other. The Patriots NEVER play for field position like they used to. They'll go for it on fourth down frequently because they don't trust the defense will make a key stop and rarely feel that three points is enough. Does anyone remember the famous Broncos game where they took the safety and punted the ball because they knew they could force Denver into a three and out? That philosophy has changed, and frankly I don't see this situations improving until Belichick shows some confidence in the unit. Let's face it, the team is built much like the Colts now; they play to get a lead and protect it; they fear a grind-it-out game; they are very aggressive on offense in fear that they won't score enough points and, yelp, will give the other team the ball. I remember a time when giving the other team the ball in their own territory was a good thing. Here is where you can really connect the dots and see that this game did expose some holes in our philosophy.

2009 was a shaky year and I understood Belichick's 4th and 2 call, which summarized that season. But again, this is a new defense that needs to make some critical stops. It affects everything. Even if the Jets had not scored before halftime, the team seemed to have that look. If we don't score 30 points, we're going to lose. We can't win a 13-10 grind-it-out game.

To summarize. There is more to this team than a passing offense, and the Patriots are now looking exactly like the Colts. When the going gets tough, do everything you can score points and keep the ball. When a defense is fired up, give the ball to your star quarterback regardless of the coverage. I'm really hoping that next year we'll see a different philosophy that believes in the defense, special teams, and rushing offense.

Going to look at the game closely then step back and look at the big picture here.

There are quite a few myths to dispel here.

Brady's INT had no effect on the game (Jets did not score)

Disagree. Brady's INT took 7 points off the board for the Pats. If the Pats have those 7 points they are playing with a lead instead of from behind going into the half (10-7), which means there's no way we would have had the unbelievably dumb fake punt attempt.

Welker's benching had no effect on the game (that first drive was pretty efficient right up to the bad screen pass by Brady.

You really can't say that beyond a doubt. Welker's presence affects how the Jets cover. If they cover him tight that might have opened up another receiver or he might have made a play himself despite the coverage. We will never know. Maybe Brady doesn't have to force up the pass for the INT if he sees his reliable checkdown Welker coming open.

Crumpler's drop had no effect on the game.

I have to completely disagree with this one. Those 4 points are extremely precious and would have made this a one possession game with the Pats either tied or leading by 1 vs the Jets in the second half. Aside from that going into the half tied 7-7, is the coaching staff or a certain ST player as likely to call for the dumb fake punt play on their own side of the field?

However:

Lousy G/RG play had an effect on the game. Example: 1st sack, 1q 5:40 1 and 10, Connolly loses BOB battle with Ellis.

Lousy playcalling had an effect on the game.

All factors leading to a loss, agreed.

The botched fake punt was a huge momentum shift.

Undoubtedly huge. 11 points is a huge deficit to overcome when the other team's defense is playing well. As far as time was concerned it was the deciding factor. The two score difference is what kept the Jets alive and prevented the Pats from forcing overtime.

Crumpler drops the ball.. fine, **** happens, but then on the next snap, the choice is to go empty. Why? Pretty stupid to go empty on a short field because there's so little field to cover and defense doesn't have to play honest, and they didn't. They sold man to man at the line and then went massive zone. I counted no less than 7 men in zone (Revis is in man coverage on Tate who he mauls and chops and holds). You can see some of the players fake man to man, such as Kyle Wilson who sells that he's in press coverage on Branch but in fact allows Branch to blow by him because he knows the back end is flooded. Branch shows that he is fooled because he turns for the comeback which is not what you do in zone (Wilson is just a step away).

There were quite a few 3rd and shorts were the Pats could have solved the Jets fancy coverage by just pounding the ball for a couple of yards or less. Where was our DOUBLE TE formation??

What do we do after this? Do we adapt? Do we recognize that the Jets are daring us to run on them? They are essentially conceding the run game to us in favor of going MOFC on Brady. No. Empty, woodhead, empty, woodhead, empty, empty, and ******* empty. I'm reminded of a ******* first grader trying to force a ball through a square. You may raise the point that Woodhead is after all, a running back, and I will point out that he is NOT a POWER back. Jets will not adjust for him in the same way they adjust for BJGE who you must cluster on or he will just power through.

Agreed the Pats could have utilized their runningbacks a little better. Unfortunately the two score difference I think changed their mentality and they got away from their usual offense. Which is really bizarre. If they play their normal brand of football, there is no doubt in my mind they can put up 30+ on the Jets in this game. I was predicting a 31-17 score. The latter to account for the defense having a few letups. But I was also expecting at least 1 turnover forced against the Jets. Instead the Pats turned the ball over twice. And when you boil it down that was the real difference in the game. The Pats beat themselves.

Last edited:
Disagree. Brady's INT took 7 points off the board for the Pats. If the Pats have those 7 points they are playing with a lead instead of from behind going into the half (10-7), which means there's no way we would have had the unbelievably dumb fake punt attempt.

You really can't say that beyond a doubt. Welker's presence affects how the Jets cover. If they cover him tight that might have opened up another receiver or he might have made a play himself despite the coverage. We will never know. Maybe Brady doesn't have to force up the pass for the INT if he sees his reliable checkdown Welker coming open.

I have to completely disagree with this one. Those 4 points are extremely precious and would have made this a one possession game with the Pats either tied or leading by 1 vs the Jets in the second half. Aside from that going into the half tied 7-7, is the coaching staff or a certain ST player as likely to call for the dumb fake punt play on their own side of the field?

All factors leading to a loss, agreed.

Undoubtedly huge. 11 points is a huge deficit to overcome when the other team's defense is playing well. As far as time was concerned it was the deciding factor. The two score difference is what kept the Jets alive and prevented the Pats from forcing overtime.

There were quite a few 3rd and shorts were the Pats could have solved the Jets fancy coverage by just pounding the ball for a couple of yards or less. Where was our DOUBLE TE formation??

Agreed the Pats could have utilized their runningbacks a little better. Unfortunately the two score difference I think changed their mentality and they got away from their usual offense. Which is really bizarre. If they play their normal brand of football, there is no doubt in my mind they can put up 30+ on the Jets in this game. I was predicting a 31-17 score. The latter to account for the defense having a few letups. But I was also expecting at least 1 turnover forced against the Jets. Instead the Pats turned the ball over twice. And when you boil it down that was the real difference in the game.

This pretty much sums up what I just posted above, with both of you being right on the money. The bottom line is we think differently now. During the championship seasons, we would have been fine with a 3-0 lead. Yes, Brady had a bad INT, but the Jets missed a FG. Then we drive down the field and put the same 3 on the board that they couldn't. Despite the drop, we are ahead in the game after a key turnover that they failed to capitalize on. We perceive things differently now because we feel we need the 14 points. Back then, we happily go into halftime down four points because we know our team will win this game. Now, our players feel that they NEED to make a huge play, lest we go into halftime without a lead. The team just doesn't believe they can win if they don't light up the scoreboard and force the other team to play catchup. The entire first half can be summarized by players and coaches thinking the same way as the fans. When this team believes they will win a low scoring, tough game with fourth heroics, they'll be champions. If they don't, expect to see plenty of disappointment in big games. By the way, the Steelers, Jets, Bears, and Packers are all happy to punt the ball away and gain a key field position advantage- they believe in their defenses.

Not sure if the Pats defense is close to where they want to be yet, but I certainly know that our philosophy suggests they aren't. I think it's better to lose games by believing in them- they'll get better- rather than doing everything possible to avoid a close game.

Last edited:
Not looking to disagree here. There are more ways than one to look at the game and at what happened.

The first drive was the best because it had a good mix, two trick plays, and those two drives featured the run which just suddenly disappeared and that's when we started stalling out on those 3rd and 5's.

Yeah I'm not either, and I'm not sure we do disagree really. But I will put forth the idea (for the sake of it) that maybe the early interception and only coming away with a fg caused BoB to panic and move away from a gameplan that was working.

You want to know the really sad thing? When the final injury reports came out I went over to the jets boards to see what they were saying and they were talking about how the Jets were bringing extra DBs and LBs and benching Gholston and some other linemen. Ryan didn't even try and hide what his gameplan was, if Belichick had taken the time to think that over it should have been obvious what Ryan was planning in a general sense. I realized myself that coming out running hard like we did against the chargers in 07? was the correct call and I'm not even a genius! :D

I was trying to find more info on what the Jets did and I found this from MMQB:

Rex Ryan explains Jets win, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, more - Peter King - SI.com

What I thought was the most telling part of Sunday's 28-21 win in Foxboro was watching Tom Brady stand in the pocket (when Shaun Ellis wasn't chasing him) and look at his options --1, 2, 3, 4 and maybe back to 1 -- and pat the ball, and then throw it away or dump it for a miniscule gain he didn't want. I have never seen Brady, at least for the first three-plus quarters, survey the field and take so much time and see so little open. It was stunning, really.

"Did you know,'' GM Mike Tannenbaum said this morning from New Jersey, "we dressed 11 defensive backs for this game? Eleven out of 45 players. That's pretty amazing.''

Let's count them. The Jets started in nickel. Eric Smith and Brodney Pool at safety, Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie at corner, with Drew Coleman the extra corner. That's five. Three extra corners dressed: Kyle Wilson, Dwight Lowery and Marquice Cole. That's eight. Three extra safeties: James Ihedigbo and United Football League refugees Isaiah Trufant (the UFL defensive player of the year this season) and Emanuel Cook. They all played, combining for 36 tackles, and they contributed to clogging the lanes and forcing Brady to pat, pat, pat and throw gopher balls.

"We got help from players too. Jimmy Leonhard [a starting safety now on injured-reserve] even came up with a concept we used tonight involving quarters coverage and a little wrinkle we used. I really leaned on [coordinator] Mike Pettine and [secondary coach] Dennis Thurman to get it all straight. We kept mixing 'em all day. Sometimes we'd play standard stuff, then we'd change up. We probably were more multiple than they'd seen, by anybody.''

The Jets seemed content to put Revis and Cromartie out wide, mostly in single coverage all day, and Deion Branch and Brandon Tate didn't do much against them until semi-garbage time. They didn't blitz much, preferring to bring a safety down to stop the Patriots from doing what they do so well -- get Welker or one of the rookie tight ends the ball on a quick route of some kind, then make a bunch of yards after the catch.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not either, and I'm not sure we do disagree really. But I will put forth the idea (for the sake of it) that maybe the early interception and only coming away with a fg caused BoB to panic and move away from a gameplan that was working.

You want to know the really sad thing? When the final injury reports came out I went over to the jets boards to see what they were saying and they were talking about how the Jets were bringing extra DBs and LBs and benching Gholston and some other linemen. Ryan didn't even try and hide what his gameplan was, if Belichick had taken the time to think that over it should have been obvious what Ryan was planning in a general sense. I realized myself that coming out running hard like we did against the chargers in 07? was the correct call and I'm not even a genius! :D

I was trying to find more info on what the Jets did and I found this from MMQB:

Rex Ryan explains Jets win, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, more - Peter King - SI.com

Thank you for bringing this to my attention- it's good to find corroborating evidence.

Just so you know the inactives are posted an hour prior to gametime, so that would be the time where BB would find out about the extra DB's being dressed, and see that plenty of linemen were being benched.

There are just so many questions that will probably go unanswered. Would looking at the list of inactives change the gameplan at so late a stage?

Also, why didn't BB interfere with BOB and tell him to run the ball when seeing so many DB's on the field so repeatedly? I would find it hard to believe that BB would fail to recognize that himself.

The lack of execution from key veterans, Brady and Crumpler, on the first two Patriots drives opened the door for the Jets. Brady's horrid interception and then Crumpler's drop made a 14-0 potential blow-out, instead a 3-0 dog fight. The pressure was off the Jets and they gained confidence, while the Patriots seemingly lost confidence and starting playing tight.

The Patriots had opened the door for the Jets and they took full advantage and ripped through it with solid execution and a game plan that the Patriots never adjusted to. After the first two Patriots drives, the Jets were the ones that played with poise, as if they were playoff champions, while the Patriots looked as if they were regular season light weights wilting under playoff pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Pats and cannot wait now for the draft and next season, but the veteran mistakes in the first two drives are what haunt me the most from that nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3