PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Other than the Patriots, there is only one other AFC team in the post-merger era that has been undefeated in AFC Championship games. Can you name the team without looking it up, and how many they have won.

For a bonus, there is one team in the NFC that has done the same. Who and how many wins? (I'm not counting Seattle, which is 1-0 in the NFC championship game, but lost its other championship game appearance in the AFC.)

Edit: I suppose there actually are two others in the AFC, since the Ravens are a new franchise, so I should have counted them, since they are 1-0. So there are 3 AFC teams that have done it. The Pats, the Ravens, and who?

Last edited:
Cincy Bengals.... 1981/1988

Right -- Bengals are 2-0. We're 5-0. The other best records would be the Bills at 4-1, Denver at 6-2, Miami at 5-2 (I think?), and the Steelers who have played in far and away the most and are something like 6-6.

If the Patriots can find a way to eek out a win and go 6-0 in championship games, I think it would be a pretty amazing accomplishment, although I'd put it second behind the Steelers' superbowl record of 5-1, which is pretty amazing.

Of course, the Bills lost ALL FOUR of their Super Bowl games.in succession.

Super Bowls 25 - 28.

The Patriots have appeared in 5 Super Bowls. Only three teams have appeared in more. Who are they?

Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Denver, I think.

SF49ers.....................
4 with Montana 1 with Young

3 with Walsh 2 with Seifert. the cast changed from 81 to 84 big time, except the QB and Coach, sorta like another team I know.

ANd they won 4 of them in in 8 or 9 years with the Young one coming almost 11 after the first. Not a bad stretch but I'm being greedy and looking to top it.

Last edited:
SF49ers.....................
4 with Montana 1 with Young

3 with Walsh 2 with Seifert. the cast changed from 81 to 84 big time, except the QB and Coach sorta like another team I know.

Yeah that should be correct.

I always thought we were 5-0 in AFC Championship games but this morning I saw 5-1 . I'm assuming if this was correct it was way before my time. Anyone know when and who we lost to from the post merger days?

I always thought we were 5-0 in AFC Championship games but this morning I saw 5-1 . I'm assuming if this was correct it was way before my time. Anyone know when and who we lost to from the post merger days?
It's 5-0. If somebody said it was 5-1, they are wrong.

Regards,
Chris

It's 5-0. If somebody said it was 5-1, they are wrong.

Regards,
Chris

I wonder if they are considering AFL championships as well as AFC and throw a loss to SD back in the early 60's.........

Last edited:
I wonder if they are considering AFL championships as well as AFC and throw a loss to SD back in the early 60's.........
Booo! Throw the flag if that's where the loss is being counted.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case