PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam vs Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I love Adam and am thankful for his contribution. I wanna see him sign and retire a Pat. Is it possible that Adam is similar to Drew Bledsoe? Both are/were older and starting to slip (even if it isnt much) out of their prime. Drew broke a billion records as a Pat and was a great guy. Isn't the Adam situation similar in the area of finding a younger guy who has a brighter future? Yes, the difference is that Drew was ousted bcs of an injury, I know. However, BB stuck with Tommy even when Drew was ready to go and arguably a better qb at that time.

No. They're polar opposites. You can always rely on Adam to win the game in the clutch. You could always rely on Drew to throw picks to opposing LBs in the clutch.

PatsWickedPissah said:
No. They're polar opposites. You can always rely on Adam to win the game in the clutch. You could always rely on Drew to throw picks to opposing LBs in the clutch.

Sure, I know there are those type of differences, but I remember many in patriot nation freaking out over Drew, and can see the same if BB decides to go the same way with Adam.

Ignoring the HUGE difference I posted...Who is the miracle kicker to displace Adam?

PatsWickedPissah said:
Ignoring the HUGE difference I posted...Who is the miracle kicker to displace Adam?

Am I or you BB? Was TB the miracle QB when he was a 4th stringer? If BB lets Adam go he has a great plan.

I don't know where, and how, all this negitivity toward Adam if coming from fellow Patriots fans.

Where is the evidence that he has slipped? He is still in his prime age for a kicker. Until I see proof on the field that he has slipped, he's the guy I want to see come out in a clutch situation.

IMHO, cutting/trading AV would be like Red cutting Bird cause his back wasn't 100% ...

First there was Capeletti, and then there was Vinatieri. Both earned the right the wear the Pats uniform until they decide it's over.

Chevy said:
Both earned the right the wear the Pats uniform until they decide it's over.

Even if that means paying him more than any other kicker in the league? I'm sorry, but you can count me out on that.

A Nick Saban - LSU type deal would work. Guarantee him Highest Paid Kicker + $1 ...

PATSNUTme said:
I don't know where, and how, all this negitivity toward Adam if coming from fellow Patriots fans.

Where is the evidence that he has slipped? He is still in his prime age for a kicker. Until I see proof on the field that he has slipped, he's the guy I want to see come out in a clutch situation.

I agree...put this to bed for god's sake...Adam is our kicker, I hope for all our sakes he gets offered a fair long term cotract, to see him in another uniform would tear a hole in the universe...

huskeralk said:
Even if that means paying him more than any other kicker in the league? I'm sorry, but you can count me out on that.

Is there any other kicker in the NFl other than Adam V. that you would want - one time - to be kicking your field goal to win a Superbowl?? If you answer no, then you need to count yourself back in.

Get real everybody, if a kicker shows up in training camp and outduels AV, maybe you can think about a change, but unless and until this phenom walks through the locker room door and onto the Gillette turf, it's AV for me long term.

PATSNUTme said:

Where is the evidence that he has slipped?
He is the 17th ranked kicker? But the highest paid? Is that evidence?

It isn't negativity as much as a reasoned response to the hysteria screaming

WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM!

He is a good kicker, but people are going nuts about how we can't win without him. And anytime someone mentions that there are other teams with other kickers who do quite well in the NFL, the screamers cry that we are being negative.

Like most of us, I would like to see Adam back next year. like some of us, I don't see paying out a ton of money for him.

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
BB stuck with Tommy even when Drew was ready to go and arguably a better qb at that time.

It just never ceases to amaze me, even 5 years, 3 rings, and 2 franchises later.... :violent:

So I guess when some Pats fans question a 33 year old likely HOF kicker's suitability to be retained it should come as no surprise...:rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
It just never ceases to amaze me, even 5 years, 3 rings, and 2 franchises later.... :violent:

So I guess when some Pats fans question a 33 year old likely HOF kicker's suitability to be retained it should come as no surprise...:rolleyes:

Mo read what I wrote. I wasnt saying Bledsoe is a better QB now. Bledsoe was the starting QB and Brady was a 4th string. Saying that Bledsoe was a better QB is logical. If Brady was the better QB at that time then why did he not beat out Bledsoe in camp? He became the better QB, made the best at his shot, and earned more than Bledsoe ever dreamed of. Take your "no suprise" crap elsewhere.

spacecrime said:
He is the 17th ranked kicker? But the highest paid? Is that evidence?

It isn't negativity as much as a reasoned response to the hysteria screaming

WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM,
WE MUST SIGN ADAM!

He is a good kicker, but people are going nuts about how we can't win without him. And anytime someone mentions that there are other teams with other kickers who do quite well in the NFL, the screamers cry that we are being negative.

Like most of us, I would like to see Adam back next year. like some of us, I don't see paying out a ton of money for him.

Space, I don't give a rats ass where he is "ranked'. All I know it has not been proven that he has lost it. Until that is proven, I want this guy around when a game is on the line. Vanderjerk was ranked higher, wasn't he? I don't think Adam would have missed that FG againts Pitt.

This is certainly a thread where "what have you done for me lately" is in full blume.

This talk about Adam having "lost it" is sillly and annoying. We're damned lucky to have him. Period.

Mainefan said:
This talk about Adam having "lost it" is sillly and annoying. We're damned lucky to have him. Period.

You are right, we are lucky, but why is it a crime to know that players typically do not get better with age in the nfl. ok, so kickers can play longer, but Adam is a year removed from a back injury that bugged him all season that superbowl year. this season he is not himself and finishes 17th. look at the facts. you must judge a player by his performance now, not his past.

Digger44 said:
You are right, we are lucky, but why is it a crime to know that players typically do not get better with age in the nfl. ok, so kickers can play longer, but Adam is a year removed from a back injury that bugged him all season that superbowl year. this season he is not himself and finishes 17th. look at the facts. you must judge a player by his performance now, not his past.

As I mentioned above - for next year and the year after and the year after that....

"Is there any other kicker in the NFl other than Adam V. that you would want - one time - to be kicking your field goal to win a Superbowl??"

fgssand said:
As I mentioned above - for next year and the year after and the year after that....

"Is there any other kicker in the NFl other than Adam V. that you would want - one time - to be kicking your field goal to win a Superbowl??"

Sure, Jason Elam, David Akers, Neil Rackers, Jeff Wilkins. I trust these elite men to perform. Do you trust anybody else other then LaDanian Tomlinson or Shawn Alexander @ RB? The point is you cannot always have the best at a position. Fiscally it is not always practical. Now to bring the argument back to reality, Adam has been the most clutch kicker in the nfl -- granted. That doesnt mean he will remain as such and it doesnt mean that he was on top of his game this season. He was not the same Adam.

Digger44 said:
Sure, Jason Elam, David Akers, Neil Rackers, Jeff Wilkins. I trust these elite men to perform. Do you trust anybody else other then LaDanian Tomlinson or Shawn Alexander @ RB? The point is you cannot always have the best at a position. Fiscally it is not always practical. Now to bring the argument back to reality, Adam has been the most clutch kicker in the nfl -- granted. That doesnt mean he will remain as such and it doesnt mean that he was on top of his game this season. He was not the same Adam.

While the four you mentioned are good kickers, you said it yourself, AV is the most clutch kicker the NFL has ever known, he is the one kicker I want when it all is on the line. I think at 33, he has many high quality years left in him. I also do not think you coud possibly sign any of the four you listed much less than it will take for AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes