PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam vs Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
fgssand said:
While the four you mentioned are good kickers, you said it yourself, AV is the most clutch kicker the NFL has ever known, he is the one kicker I want when it all is on the line. I think at 33, he has many high quality years left in him. I also do not think you coud possibly sign any of the four you listed much less than it will take for AV.

That is no the point. The point is just like the original post. TB was not a superstar when he stepped it up. That is why the post is Adam vs Drew. I would not be suprised if BB goes a different direction then Adam. This board will blow up if he does just like patriot nation did with Bledsoe. As far as those kickers I listed, who said anything about them being available? You asked if there were other kickers that I would want. I answered yes and listed them. BB will get the right man for the job. I hope it is Adam, but if it is not then I will not have a meltdown because I trust BB.

Digger44 said:
That is no the point. The point is just like the original post. TB was not a superstar when he stepped it up. That is why the post is Adam vs Drew. I would not be suprised if BB goes a different direction then Adam. This board will blow up if he does just like patriot nation did with Bledsoe. As far as those kickers I listed, who said anything about them being available? You asked if there were other kickers that I would want. I answered yes and listed them. BB will get the right man for the job. I hope it is Adam, but if it is not then I will not have a meltdown because I trust BB.

WE have reached consensus......I trust BB/SP 100%.

fgssand said:
WE have reached consensus......I trust BB/SP 100%.
good, so lets get everybody to pledge to not freak out if Adam is not resigned. One thread that says thank you, and not 400 end of the world threads. ya right.

Digger44 said:
Sure, Jason Elam, David Akers, Neil Rackers, Jeff Wilkins. I trust these elite men to perform. Do you trust anybody else other then LaDanian Tomlinson or Shawn Alexander @ RB? The point is you cannot always have the best at a position. Fiscally it is not always practical. Now to bring the argument back to reality, Adam has been the most clutch kicker in the nfl -- granted. That doesnt mean he will remain as such and it doesnt mean that he was on top of his game this season. He was not the same Adam.

Jason Elam is 3 years older than Adam. His career average accuracy is lower and he hasn't handled kickoffs in 3 years.

David Akers tore his hammy this season and may never regain full strength. His overall accuracy was 72% this season, and close to 50% beyond 40. He's 32. Neil Rackers was given up on by the Bengals and after two passable seasons with the mighty Cardinals he blossomed this season in the desert. And he's 30 already. Jeff Wilkins is older than Adam by several months. Their career accuracy averages are nearly identical - only Wilkins has been kicking in a dome for the last several seasons.

Tommy was not the same Tommy this season either. Sure he passed for more yards than ever but some of his throws were off. We should probably get rid of him too before he slips any further. :rolleyes:

Digger44 said:

The Patriot Nation I live in did not blow up when Beldsoe was replaced. We stood up and cheered even before we knew for sure how good the kid replacing him was. Felger and Holley will tell you that inside Gillette they had no idea how good the kid was either, but they knew he was better than Bledsoe. Knew it in camp. Just hard to make the switch without a plausible cover, like an injury. But if Mo hadn't taken him out in week 2, BB would have taken him out by mid season at the latest.

There is no comparison whatsoever between Adam Vinatieri and Drew Bledsoe. Drew was the poster boy for anti-clutch.

Personally I danced a jig when Bledsoe was replaced, but that's just me.

Yeah, Adam had a down year. It's not his first. He missed 2 game-winning kicks in '99. We kept him and it worked out pretty well. He was hurt for most of '03 and missed 2 kicks in the Super Bowl. He worked out pretty good.

People just have down years. It happens. Getting rid of him at this point would be ricoculous, he's in his prime and will be for years since kickers age slower than other players.

However, I have no doubt that Belichick would dump him in a flash if he lost it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back