PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter-Vinatieri has a broken bone in his ankle !

Status
Not open for further replies.
fgssand said:
Maybe not fractured, there is much speculation as the article points out. Something is wrong there although Polian insists he will be ready. Certainly not good for the Colts though. I would imagine his plant foot would be worse for him to break than his kicking foot, although it probably does not feel to pleasant to kick with a broken foot.

Worst case would seem to me to indicate 6-8 weeks??

For a kicker, either is pretty disastrous. It's not that they can't "play through pain" but the pain is liable to be most intense at just the point that contact and concentration need to be perfect. Imagine a guy blowing a klaxon every time you step up to take a putt ...

In a dome, on turf? Kinda ironic!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You guys are sad. Celebrating an injury and especially a kicker.

My understanding is that the bone that is broken on the "dead to me' one is very small.

About 3X's the size of your pecker.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Man I struk a nerve. Look how ancy some of you little guys are. You need to lighten up a little bit. Oh man how sweet it will be to come here in Decemeber when we are still playing and you guys are at home. You know something? I really hope you do make the playoffs so you can meet us and we can send you home. That will be even better.

you probably werent like that after your "boy" Ricky got caught with some mary J?

you guys were all on his nuts then he gets caught and started hating him. its not like we really hate Adam and dont respect..just he went to the wrong team lets put it that way

Look for them to sign Grammatica!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You guys are sad. Celebrating an injury and especially a kicker.

Are those quotes from last year? Didn't you guys finish like 9-7? Isn't that only 1 game better than those guys predicted? Didn't the Pats play their scrubs against you and your team barely won the game?

Would your pathetic team have even won that game if the game even mattered to us and we actually played our starters? If we played our starters, we WOULD have won, so wouldn't you be 8-8 as predicted?

Go back to trolling the Dulphins board will ya? We are confident over here... we don't need to go trolling your boards trying to make us feel better.

Last edited:
hwc said:
I wouldn't know the Colts kicker from Adam, but I'm certainly not upset that the Colts are having injury problems. In fact, the more injury problems they have, the better...as far as I'm concerned.

Ditto.

In fact, whoever is the dolt's kicker, I hope he breaks his other ankle, too.

Effin Traitor.

PatsChick87 said:
In a dome, on turf? Kinda ironic!

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

I guess that the turf isn't always greener .....

R

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Man I struk a nerve. Look how ancy some of you little guys are. You need to lighten up a little bit. Oh man how sweet it will be to come here in Decemeber when we are still playing and you guys are at home. You know something? I really hope you do make the playoffs so you can meet us and we can send you home. That will be even better.
There's nothing I like better than beating the Colts every year.
I enjoy hearing about the misfortune of our rivals-especially Vinatieri.
I don't need to explain myself.
The main mission this year will be to break down Denver especially Lynch. He needs to be put on IR.
Your offense won't be as dynamic without James and I'm very delighted you made that move. He was too tough for your weak-ass team anyway.
My crew will breakdown your offensive line with an intensity never seen before. Peyton will get injured and we'll put your brain to sleep.

DEFENSE

edgecy said:
I didn't know BB could look into the future

Well, don't make that mistake again.

If they sign Gramatica, some scribe will say they haven't missed a beat and should still win the Superbowl this year. Ironic.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Oh man how sweet it will be to come here in Decemeber when we are still playing and you guys are at home.

The Patriots last game is on New Years Eve though. I don't understand how this could happen. :rolleyes:

That is not the only ironic situation at Kicker. Vanderjerk in Dallas has a groin pull and has ben having problems too.

They might compete for Grammatica.

Dartanyan said:
Who's celebrating? Not one poster is happy about this possibility, even though it involves the hated Colts. Go back to whatever swamp you crawled out of, fish breath.

(Bring it Dartanyan)

Agreed, nobody here is happy that AV may be more seriously injured than previously suspected. Fans from the six-state NE area just don't like seeing players get away and go on to do great things for other teams. I think it has something to do with that baseball team from Boston. What's its name again?

RayClay said:
I'm certainly not happy about this.

If it's chronic that's kind of unfortunate for Adam since he's unlikely to get the sweet endorsement deals he would have, had he stayed here.

I'm sure the hall of fame will give him credit for what he would have done without a broken bone in his foot.:help:

He could do a ad for Blue Cross Blue Shield

He must have twisted his ankle on the way to the bank.:D

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Oh man, this underhand pitch is TOOO easy!!! I hope I don't overswing now:

Ummmm. the playoffs take place in JANUARY, Phin Phony.

......but how would YOU know?

It's not even so much that BB can see the future (though it wouldn't shock me!) but he must have had a hunch about how things might go given that AV is getting older, like everyone else.

Too bad for him. At least he has his money.

If we're going to spend time reveling in Schefter saying Vinatieri has a broken bone in his ankle, shouldn't we have a companion thread saying Shefter says Branch will not report until week ten?

Because what he actually said is either situation may be the case. He doesn't really know for sure what is going on with Adam or Deion and is merely reporting what he hears and what that leads him to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back