Aaron Dobson back at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 30s
Patriots QB Tom Brady not spotted at start of practice. LS Danny Aiken also not spotted. P Ryan Allen, WR Aaron Dobson present.

shalise manza young
#Patriots practice: Brady not present, Aiken not present...Allen is here, Dobson returns pic.twitter.com/LQHa2h55vR

Anchorman.gif

About bloody time If we have Dobson in there on Offense and we have more than a fighting chance.

woo hoo...finally a big target to hopefully exploit the broncos suspect secondary

Wonder if Brady and Aiken were somewhere working on long snaps and holds.

I was looking on Twitter for that information. Thank you. Hope Dobson is and will continue to be able to play!

Any news on KT woudn't mind seeing some Five wide sets Denver cannot cover everybody.

God please let him be healthy. If he is, then God also let either Quentin Jammer or Champ Bailey cover him. Amen.

If Dobson and Allen are good to go, we're winning this game.

Huge on AD. Maybe that tweet about Zo saying he was almost ready last week really was true.

Reality is the Colts are better against the pass than the run, throw in the weather and holding him out made sense even if he could have tried it. This week we have good weather and a team better against the run than the pass so . . .

Wonder if Brady and Aiken were somewhere working on long snaps and holds.

I was thinking that. Wouldn't shock me if Allen's shoulder was in a state where he could punt but couldn't hold.

Would be huge if he could play and even make one big catch.

I would love to have Dobson be a factor in this game but I have a hard time believing he will have much of an impact after not playing or practicing for the good part of what, 2 months? Hope I'm wrong. He's just what they need.

EDIT: I believe he was initially hurt in the Broncos game on 11/24 so Sunday, 1/19 will be almost two months.

a bonus for sure, Thompkins would be great too, even if for nothing other to draw some coverage !!!!

I would love to have Dobson be a factor in this game but I have a hard time believing he will have much of an impact after not playing or practicing for the good part of what, 2 months? Hope I'm wrong. He's just what they need.

EDIT: I believe he was initially hurt in the Broncos game on 11/24 so Sunday, 1/19 will be almost two months.

Actually, he played against Baltimore. My biggest fear for him playing is his memory of the option routes after having that much time off.

Good news about Allen. I'm keeping expectations low on Dobson, altho my first instinct on seeing the thread title was to imitate your "Anchorman" gif. LOL

He obviously will be single covered over the top with probably no safety help. If his foot is actually healthy, this could potentially be big news for us. Giving us a redzone presence and threat deep.

I'm just hoping for the play action bomb to wide open dobson down the sidelines for a TD. If he can do anything close to what he did against the dolphins/steelers he would be a big help

I just have a feeling he could be one of those unsung heroes that comes out of nowhere like vereen last year, or blount/collins this year.

This is outstanding because they have to respected his speed going deep and his size too, which opens up the short to medium passing game for Collie, Vereen, Edelman and Amendola. Additionally he provides a big red zone target. If he in fact plays this is outstanding and possibly game changing news. I am so psyched!

Well it's not like he has forgotten the plays or the ability to catch. So maybe he gets past a defender a few times and Brady hits him. That's all they really need. Just need that threat of an outside guy so the Broncos don't decide to stack the box and flood the middle.

Considering his foot (they generally don't heal quickly) I'd be happy to get a few end zone targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents