PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

a positive development in the Keyshawn sweepstakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT_Pats_Fan said:
Not trying to be a pr*ck, I'm just not a KJ fan. Great talent, just not a guy I can root for. I agree with GoWhalers, the local media would be goading this guy into saying something stupid at every turn. They'd be loving life.

BTW, GoWhalers. Heck yeah, Go Whalers!!!

er don't ya mean Go Hurricanes?

Sorry couldn't resist!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yeah, that's a valid point, because nobody is better at that than the Boston media. Then again, it might be fun to see KJ and Beisel tag-team a reporter... we might actually get some blood this time. ;)

Mmm, T-Shirt, I love your location -- but does that mean you found FootballHottie's tattoo? Do tell!

GoWhalers said:
I'd expect that discipline to come from Bill.

Don't forget, this is the guy who benched Seymour for being late, and that was because he was attending a death in the family!

The bigger problem you have to worry about with Keyshawn is the media pressure. Everyone is going to be sticking a microphone in his face, hoping that they catch him saying something out of line. If the organization can keep him away from the media -- as they seem to try to do with many of their players -- I think the risk of bringing him on board is far reduced.

I think he's a tough-as-nails receiver. Guys are out there trying to take his head off, and he doesn't miss a play. You can't even say that about our tight ends, who have some durability issues.

Your statement about Seymour is inaccurate. Seymour wasn't benched. He just didn't start. And the Patriots have a standing rule about which practices you can miss and still be a starter for that upcoming game. It was a game against Jacksonville 2 years ago and Seymour sat out the 1st series but played the rest of the game.

Mike the Brit said:
Mmm, T-Shirt, I love your location -- but does that mean you found FootballHottie's tattoo? Do tell!
I wish.... I'm going with the assumption that she welshed on her bet after all. Grrrr... I tried finding her on Bill's message boards, but I'm guessing her username here wasn't the same as what she used on other boards. If she ever shows up here again with the same username, you guys be sure to get on her about it. :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I wish.... I'm going with the assumption that she welshed on her bet after all. Grrrr... I tried finding her on Bill's message boards, but I'm guessing her username here wasn't the same as what she used on other boards. If she ever shows up here again with the same username, you guys be sure to get on her about it. :)

You bet! :) Meanwhile, do you ship internationally?

a positive development in the meshawn sweepstakes would be if she signed with someone else

Mike the Brit said:
You bet! :) Meanwhile, do you ship internationally?
It seems we're experiencing somewhat of a shortage around here, I'm not sure we can spare any for your side of the pond. ;)

DaBruinz said:
Your statement about Seymour is inaccurate. Seymour wasn't benched. He just didn't start. And the Patriots have a standing rule about which practices you can miss and still be a starter for that upcoming game. It was a game against Jacksonville 2 years ago and Seymour sat out the 1st series but played the rest of the game.

Thanks for the correction, but the point is still the same: The Patriots don't need a Ray Lewis type, or even a Rodney Harrison type to maintain order in the locker room. The coach, especially this coach, is more than capable of handling it.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
It seems we're experiencing somewhat of a shortage around here, I'm not sure we can spare any for your side of the pond. ;)
Maybe Mike can ship you a load of tea to help out, most of the newbs display no clear understanding of Koolaid characteristics and wouldn't know the difference. :eat2:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Maybe Mike can ship you a load of tea to help out, most of the newbs display no clear understanding of Koolaid characteristics and wouldn't know the difference. :eat2:
Shhhh... I think the kool aid hides the taste of the strychnine I've been putting in some of the newbs cups a bit better than tea. :cool2:

PatsRI said:
My question with him and his good relationship with BB is, would he take that as an invitation to be even more ignorant thinking that no matter what he did he had the coach as a friend?

I was thinking the same thing! He would be the type to take advantage of a situation. Not that BB would allow himself to be taken advantage of............curses, foiled again! :D

patpatriot said:
While recognizing Key's skill, I think that he is too volatile a personality to have on this years team we've lost too much vet leadership (especiall WM). Who is going to pick Key up by the throat and b*tch slap him when his yapping threatens to hurt the team?
Uh Bill, Brady, Bruschii, Harrison, Seymour, Vrabel, Light, Mankins et cetera enuf?

I've been reading a little bit about KJ lately and from what I can tell, he threw a mild tantrum once (and if you guys find more stuff like that from his years in Dallas feel free to post it) in his years with the Cowboys and Bledsoe put him in his place. I think he'd be a good addition here as a physical WR and I wouldn't mind seeing him play for us next season. He's still only asking roughly half what DG got from the Titans and he caught about 30% more passes last year than Givens did for us. That doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes