PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A new generation of DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just forget that I brought up Parcells, and all those 'pro-bowl' linemen we had in 2000-2002. My Bad.

WHO do we have today that is without a doubt going to be a longtime high achiever on this defense for years to come?

I say Seymour, with honorable mention to Warren, maybe even Wilfork.

Geno, Hobbs, Gay, Sanders may be decent, but don't yet remind me of Law, Harrison, or even Milloy in his prime.

At LB, Tully hasn't done much, and the rest have done even less. Monty may come around, but is he the next Bruschi or the next Ted Johnson, or even the next Roman Phifer? I seriously doubt that Colvin will ever do as much as Willie did for this franchise, now that he has taken over Willie's job.

Not trying to be negative, just waiting for the 'Big Time' players to emerge, so I have some idea who they are.

Last edited:
A little off your topic, but the Top Three Playmakers of The Run have been

1. Bruschi
2. Harrison
3. McGinest

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Let's just forget that I brought up Parcells, and all those 'pro-bowl' linemen we had in 2000-2002. My Bad.

WHO do we have today that is without a doubt going to be a longtime high achiever on this defense for years to come?

I say Seymour, with honorable mention to Warren, maybe even Wilfork.

Geno, Hobbs, Gay, Sanders may be decent, but don't yet remind me of Law, Harrison, or even Milloy in his prime.

At LB, Tully hasn't done much, and the rest have done even less. Monty may come around, but is he the next Bruschi or the next Ted Johnson, or even the next Roman Phifer? I seriously doubt that Colvin will ever do as much as Willie did for this franchise, now that he has taken over Willie's job.

Not trying to be negative, just waiting for the 'Big Time' players to emerge, so I have some idea who they are.

This is exactly why I started this thread. Far better articulated than my original post.

D line is young and very very good. Impressive.

I like Randall Gay I cant wait to see him healthy.

Wilson struggled with play calling that I doubt he ever expected to be put on him so quickly because Harrison went down...Harrison is amazing. So Wilson struggling with calls problably hurt the rest of the secondary too. Samuel and Wilson struggled a lot, though we never had a consistent Strong Safety. Hawkins was solid and at that point Samuel wasnt getting beat so long down the field.

I'll watch and wait. Harrison will be back calling plays at least sometime before halfway through the season then Wilson wont have to do much play calling just make plays like he has done in previous seasons. I'm not worried about him and plus I'm sure he will have Hobbs there in front of him which is encouraging :). Quite easier to provide help to Hobbs then to Starks who was consitently being burned all game long. Samuel he may not be cut out to be a #1 Corner, but still I see him as a pretty decent CB if you have some other good players in your secondary. He seemed to make plays towards the end of the year, a few INT's especially in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference