PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Common Misconception: Cardinals are much more than Larry Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can argue about what a drop is all you want. It hit him in the hands, and it was not a difficult catch to make. He should have had it.

He did have a defender draped all over him. Would someone like Fitzgerald make that catch? Yes. But we are talking about an ex-Jet here. No catch is easy for them.

Last edited:
Now lets look at how the Card D did the second time against SF
I guess you are not willing to concede the fact that the Arizonal Cardinals are a much better team playing at home than on the road.

I guess you are not willing to concede the fact that the Arizonal Cardinals are a much better team playing at home than on the road.

Most teams are. Still if you compare the two games the defense played fantastic in both. It was the offense that played better at home. Hence why they Beat the Niners that game.

Really? 5 catches for 80 yards and no TDs.

He clearly said "second half of the season", which was Lloyd's 5 catches for 74 yards and 1 TD, either way that's 2 games with consistent production. Either you made a mistake or are playing games, I hope it's the former as this stuff get's quite old after a while and harder to take new posters serious.:cool:

Last edited:
He clearly said "second half of the season", which was Lloyd's 5 catches for 74 yards and 1 TD, either way that's 2 games with consistent production. Either you made a mistake or are playing games, I hope it's the former as this stuff get's quite old after a while and harder to take new posters serious.:cool:

No that is my bad. I was looking at the wrong game.

Still if you average the two game its 5 catches for 77 yards and a half of a TD. I'd be more worried about stopping Gronk and Welker than Lloyd. I'd even throw Hernadez in there over Lloyd just because the Cardinals have a hard time with athletic TEs.

And again. Let me be clear.

I am in no way am saying that I think the Cardinals D will come into Foxboro and dominate the Patriots Offense. In fact I think it is just the opposite. With that said I don't know of many defenses that are able to stop Brady and the Patriots consistantly.

Last edited:
No that is my bad. I was looking at the wrong game.

Still if you average the two game its 5 catches for 77 yards and a half of a TD. I'd be more worried about stopping Gronk and Welker than Lloyd. I'd even throw Hernadez in there over Lloyd just because the Cardinals have a hard time with athletic TEs.

No worries,

It's not so much the size of Lloyds numbers that will help us, it's the part of the field he's covering. Just 3 or 4 catches down field by Lloyd is going to make Gronk, Ahern and Welker that much more effective for us.

Most teams are. Still if you compare the two games the defense played fantastic in both. It was the offense that played better at home. Hence why they Beat the Niners that game.
Your missing the BIG picture:

1. Arizona Cardinals road game
2. The Cardinals rush defense - Marshawn Lynch 21 carries for 85 yards
3. The Cardinals pass defense - no "Revis Island" to be found
3. Skelton > Kolb - Skelton was named the starter to start the season
4. Levi Brown >>>>> Batiste - worse left tackle this season
5. Jeremy Bridges >>>>> Massie - worse right tackle this season

The Arizona Cardinals offense will be worse this season which will put even more stress on the Arizona Cardinals defense that still allowed 23 points on the road against quality opponents in the second half of last season.

No worries,

It's not so much the size of Lloyds numbers that will help us, it's the part of the field he's covering. Just 3 or 4 catches down field by Lloyd is going to make Gronk, Ahern and Welker that much more effective for us.
The Arizona Cardinals fans miss one basic fact:

Lloyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ochostinko

I feel bad for Larry Fitzgerald. He'd sure look good in Patriot blue though.

The fact that the Card barely held on to win at home against a mediocre Seahawks team with a crappy rookie starting QB told me all I need to know about that team. Pats roll, 34-13.

I feel bad for Larry Fitzgerald. He'd sure look good in Patriot blue though.

OMG, I would give my right arm to see TFB throwing to Fitzgerald:eek:

I tried to tell some of you guys the Cardinals Defense was solid. Kid~Brady took some crap but he ended up being right.

Anyways what a great game. Hope Hernadez is OK. Thanks for welcoming me to your board.

Last edited:
Good call, my man.

I tried to tell some of you guys the Cardinals Defense was solid. Kid~Brady took some crap but he ended up being right.

Anyways what a great game. Hope Hernadez is OK. Thanks for welcoming me to your board.

Good game....and good luck the rest of the way. I'm a diehard fan, but this one only stung for a minute. A good early wake up call has proven to help in the past.

Good game. I pretty much gave up when Williams fumbled.. stunned at the end result.

Good luck the rest of the way and thanks for letting us chat with you guys (in a civil manner haha) this week.

Yeah, as I watched the game, this thread came to mind. The Cardinals defense played pretty solidly all game and made Brady look bad for the most part. This game reminded me of a Steelers and Ravens game with a low scoring, defensive showcase.

I'm still pretty hyped about this defense, the pressure is finally there, consistently. We still have 14 games to go, we'll be fine but I won't lie, next week's game will be tough in Baltimore and we could easily be staring at a 1-2 record.

I gave the Cardinals props for their effort in the game thread, but the loss of Hernandez is certainly something of the "really wrong" nature I was talking about .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News