90s Bills with 0 SB titles will outnumber 3x Patriots in Canton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady
Seymour
Vinateri
Pioli
Bellichick
Law is a possibility he never got the pub but was just as good as Deion but in a different way (much better against the run) and as good a man corner for a 3 year period

I think thats it. I took into account the coach and GM but of course Levy and ... god i cant believe i am going to say this but Bill Polian are also heading there.

But hey we got the rings woot

The strength in any team, like society is the middle class. Have a solid and stable middle class sprinkled with upper echelon talent and you'll generally do well.

that's what I hear from my commie friends in cambridge...........

that's what I hear from my commie friends in cambridge...........

Well, by definition the majority of a group will be considered its "middle class". I'd imagine your commie friends would prefer a team where everyone makes the same money and stands in long lines for their gatorade.

ESPN - '90s Bills will outnumber champion Pats in Canton - AFC East

Interesting look at this but as we all know in here its a team game with no one as a really special standout on this team other than Brady - Tom may be the only player of a 3x champion team to get to Canton while Buffalo may send multiple players on a team that was beaten in the SB 4X in a row

It is what it is

Well, it is was it is because it was all done with smoke, mirrors, and a few cameras.

While the number of championships is taken into account, it really shouldn't be when talking about the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame is the measurement of INDIVIDUAL performance (and no, I am not naive enough to say that one's individual performance and team performance are mutually exclusive).

As stated, Tom Brady is the clear, certain choice to get in.

Perhaps Adam Vinatieri and Willie McGinest have a shot though.

But yes, it is what it is. I can't say I disagree with the Bills having more Hall of Famers than the Pats.

Amassing individual talent, be it good enough for Canton, or just good enough for the pro bowl does not quarantee championships. Teams that don't win titles and their fans always latch onto, "well, we had all this talent, all these probowlers, coulda, shoulda, woulda,,,,,,yada, yada, yada

Give me the rings,

Tom Brady
Seymour
Vinateri
Pioli
Bellichick
Law is a possibility he never got the pub but was just as good as Deion but in a different way (much better against the run) and as good a man corner for a 3 year period

Rodney has an outside chance too, and I think most people ID him w/ the Patriots rather than the Chargers

Last edited:
Tom Brady
Seymour
Vinateri
Pioli
Bellichick

I think thats it. I took into account the coach and GM but of course Levy and ... god i cant believe i am going to say this but Bill Polian are also heading there.

But hey we got the rings woot
Corey Dillon has a chance, although maybe like a Jim Rice case.

Well, by definition the majority of a group will be considered its "middle class". I'd imagine your commie friends would prefer a team where everyone makes the same money and stands in long lines for their gatorade.

Thanks PJ, that made my morning.

I really don't see the fuss. The HOF is all about individual achievement. Fair play to Reed, Thomas et al. They all had brilliant careers and deserve to go.

Rodney has an outside chance too, and I think most people ID him w/ the Patriots rather than the Chargers

Rodney will get in.

ESPN - '90s Bills will outnumber champion Pats in Canton - AFC East

Interesting look at this but as we all know in here its a team game with no one as a really special standout on this team other than Brady - Tom may be the only player of a 3x champion team to get to Canton while Buffalo may send multiple players on a team that was beaten in the SB 4X in a row

It is what it is

I don't think that Tom Brady will be the only Patriots from 3x Super Bowl Champions. I can easily see Adam Viniteri , Richard Seymour, and Bill Belichick all being inducted.Willie MacGinnest and Ty Law also have a shot.

misleading as the Bills run was a decade earlier and the Patriots is still kind of going so the Patriots are a work in progress as far as the Hall of Fame. Besides Brady, I could see both Belichick as coach and Kraft as owner going in someday. Then I would think Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Adam Vinatieri, Randy Moss are going in and we dont know about how the rest of the careers of Adalius Thomas, Ty Warren, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins, Stephen Gostkowski, Wes Welker and Jerod Mayo will play out. Not to mention anyone getting drafted this year.
I wouldnt worry about it. Back then, I envied the Bills for at least going to 4 Super Bowls. I envied Miami and the Jets for having trophies. Now we have 3 Lombardi Trophies and 6 Lamar Hunt trophies, the Patriots dwarf them all!!! :)

Last edited:
Corey Dillon has a chance, although maybe like a Jim Rice case.

yeah I thought about Corey but if he goes in its as a Bengal. He won his championship here yes, but he was a Bengal for almost twice as long and made his name there.

Last edited:
yeah I thought about Corey but if he goes in its as a Bengal. He won his championship here yes, but he was a Bengal for almost twice as long and made his name there.

Canton is different from Cooperstown in that there is no team association. For example, the HOF plaque in baseball has the player's cap and team he is most remembered with. In football, it's just a bust of the player's head, no helmet.

As for the HOFers of the SB champions, I think only Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Adam Vinatieri are sure things. Richard Seymour doesn't get the glamor stats like sacks that players like Reggie White and Michael Strahan had. Corey Dillon had a great career but it wasn't a HOF career unfortunately. I put him in the same category as Eddie George (with the exception of the SB ring of course). A lot of RB's have great careers and the line has to be drawn somewhere. Rodney Harrison I want to get in, but he doesn't get the respect he deserves and I don't think he'll make it. I don't know what to think about Ty Law.

Last edited:
what about Rodney Harrison, yes he was a charger for 8 years, but he won in NE.

And Teddy Bruschi 12 years with the same team as a Linebacker...he'll be looked at hard once time passes, especially since he has 3 rings.

Vrabel as well. Linebacker on the 3 time champs. Has to be looked at.

IMO Seymour was once a sure HOFer until injuries sidelined him just about every year since 2004 and it seemed he played with less vigor once he got his big paycheck in 2005

There are many other DL I could think of as HOF material before Seymour unfortunately

Seymour played like a HOF for his first 4 years - nothing spectacular since then - I would rate him now only as an above average DE but I cannot remember a game in the last 3 years where he simply dominated an opponent

There is 0 chance he makes the HOF unless he suddenly resurrects his early career in the coming years

IMO Seymour was once a sure HOFer until injuries sidelined him just about every year since 2004 and it seemed he played with less vigor once he got his big paycheck in 2005

There are many other DL I could think of as HOF material before Seymour unfortunately

Seymour played like a HOF for his first 4 years - nothing spectacular since then - I would rate him now only as an above average DE but I cannot remember a game in the last 3 years where he simply dominated an opponent

There is 0 chance he makes the HOF unless he suddenly resurrects his early career in the coming years

Weird, I can think of a few games just this year where he did that.

Are you serious? Please make an argument there

For the first 4 years of his career he was the best 3-4 D-Lineman in the game and the best defensive player on a defense-first team that won three Super Bowls. Then he got hurt and wasn't as good for a few years. This past year he was finally healthy and dominated again, and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that, as long as he stays reasonably healthy (no more major injuries), he'll continue to be a dominant 3-4 lineman.

Would he get in if he retired today? Probably not, but he's 29 years old, and has plenty of career left ahead of him. I know a lot of Patriots fans, for some inexplicable reason, think he's a fat, lazy, sack of crap, but they couldn't be more wrong, and don't seem to be capable of distinguishing between playing through a serious injury and being lazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft