PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9/8: No Moss at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what happened yesterday......

BB: Hey, Randy what's up?
RM: Not much coach, you.
BB: You unhappy here? Got a question about you grumbling or something by the press.
RM: Nah, I just made one off hand comment about wanting to get a contract done, and they blew it out of whack. You know how much those guys can be jerks.
BB: Tell me about it. You know we plan to work out a deal with you, we just gonna get Tom's done first.
RM: I know. We're cool. Its those idiots in the media.
BB: How many times do I have to tell you, the less you say the better. You want get them back and mess with their heads a little?
RM: Sure, what you got in mind.
BB: Don't show up to pratice tommorow. Tate could use the extra reps. I will make some vague amigious comments. I bet at least one of them will write a story claiming you are holding out.
RM: Okay cool. I could use a day off.

iconhell_bapity88_killmyself.gif

I feel like I see a report that Moss didn't practice almost weekly during the regular season the last few years and he always ends up playing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels that way.

Randy has taken wednesdays off in particular at times before games for the past few years - I would not make anything of it

I think BB gives the long time vets an option per say

If he is not practicing thursday then it becomes interesting but I seriously doubt that

Last edited:
What the heck is a dog faker, anyway? I Googled it and the first result was that infamous thread... not cstjohn17's best moment, that's for sure.
A "dog faker" is someone who acts really tired to throw the defense off. When the D starts ignoring them, they turn it on and jet down the field. I guess some people think it's lazy, since it means "taking off" a route every now and then, I think it's great when the guy is Randy Moss, because with him people always buy it and the result is usually a touchdown.

Here is what happened yesterday......

BB: Hey, Randy what's up?
RM: Not much coach, you.
BB: You unhappy here? Got a question about you grumbling or something by the press.
RM: Nah, I just made one off hand comment about wanting to get a contract done, and they blew it out of whack. You know how much those guys can be jerks.
BB: Tell me about it. You know we plan to work out a deal with you, we just gonna get Tom's done first.
RM: I know. We're cool. Its those idiots in the media.
BB: How many times do I have to tell you, the less you say the better. You want get them back and mess with their heads a little?
RM: Sure, what you got in mind.
BB: Don't show up to pratice tommorow. Tate could use the extra reps. I will make some vague amigious comments. I bet at least one of them will write a story claiming you are holding out.
RM: Okay cool. I could use a day off.

I can see this happening so easily and in the BB presser monotone LOL:singing:

What the heck is a dog faker, anyway? I Googled it and the first result was that infamous thread... not cstjohn17's best moment, that's for sure.

I don't know, and honestly I doubt cstjohn had any idea what it meant when he wrote it. It was pure, accidental awesomeness, and it spawned a term that, for pure entertainment value, I'm just going to keep using until it gets worn out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes