PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/20 Patriots - Saints Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots wide receiver Brian Tyms just had his best stretch of training camp, but it all came crashing to a halt in West Virginia.

Tyms suffered an injury that was described as "not good." A trip to injured reserve sounds like a possibility.

The details still remain foggy, but it's a brutal blow for Tyms, who caught five passes from Tom Brady during practice Saturday and Monday. He rebounded well after a slow start to camp that only featured one catch from Brady through 10 practices, largely due to a shoulder injury that sidelined him for about a week.

Tyms was present yesterday but didn't catch any passes in team drills. He was out today.

Does this mean Tym is done for the rest of the year?

McCourty just signs a deal to be a top-paid safety...now potentially playing cornerback. Makes good economic sense for the NEP. Top paid CBs are of course paid higher than safeties.

It's only a good deal for the Pats if McCourty plays CB at the elite level his contract pays him

I'd rather he stick to FS where he is a pro bowler and all-pro alternate

Not surprised at all about Butler. I think he's going to be special - great attitude, work ethic, and a ton of good instincts.

Absolutely thrilled to hear that Malcolm Brown and Grissom are doing well - add Flowers to the mix 9and Sheard) and the Pats have upped their front 7 exactly as we had hoped. Very encouraging.

Jonas Gray catching passes? Well now, maybe that will solve some of the concerns, eh? I truly expect that guy to have a breakout year. He hits the line beautifully - fast and balanced.

Super excited for the regular season. . I think even with the losses of Revis and Wilfork, the team is as good or better than last year as a whole

The offense will be more experienced and gelled, allowing them to up the tempo and go no huddle more

The defense, while taking a big hit with Revis and Browner, has GREATLY improved it's defensive line and pass rushing.

The linebackers have another year of experience under their belt and have team captain and pro bowler Jerod Mayo returning

There is a fall off at CB, but if Butler lives up to his potential he's showing, the drop off isn't as big as the improvements in other areas of the team

Could be something as simple as in practices they've asked Jimmy to do something and he hasn't corrected it yet. (mental errors) and by punishment they wont let him play until they see improvement.

If anyone has watched Hard Knocks this season a ton of former Patriots use similar techniques, mental error repeaters do not play.

Or it could be something à la the whole "Where is Malcolm?" furor from OTAs. All we know for sure is that BB isn't just making up s—t as he goes along.

@jeffphowe: Positional drills: McCourty is working with Butler, Brown, McClain, Ryan, Swanson, Jean. You get the idea.

This is starting to annoy me.

We talking bout practice man not a game practice.

anyone got that link to the Saints site. I'd be interested in seeing how they viewed today's practice.

interesting notes from nick underhill who covers saints. Two years ago he was covering pats and i like his one on ones notes which i dont see often from other writers:

Brees didn’t face much pressure during Thursday’s session and typically had however long he wanted to take to get rid of the ball. He typically gets rid of the ball in around 2.7 seconds. During one play, he stood in the pocket for 4.81 seconds before being flushed out. Strong day for the offensive line.
Offensive line
Zach Strief 2-1
Jahri Evans 2-1
Max Unger 3-0
Tim Lelito 2-1
Terron Armstead 3-0
Andrus Peat 2-1
Sean Hickey 3-2

yesterday
Jahri Evans: 2-3
Max Unger: 3-1
Tim Lelito: 4-1
Terron Armstead: 5-1 chandler jones won 1 time
Zach Strief: 3-1
Andrus Peat: 3-3
Sean Hickey:4-4-1

Someone tweet that Brown was abusing their guards, so i guess only Brown made some plays.
This season is on D-line so i am litlle worried, tommorow i ll have panic attack.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 33s33 seconds ago
Butler also mentioned he had some cramping issues during yesterday's practice, which was his worst of training camp.

Might explain a thing or two

IDK. I think he just had a bad practice. Maybe he did have some cramping but sometimes you just have an off day.

anyone got that link to the Saints site. I'd be interested in seeing how they viewed today's practice.

I think it was in the OP but here you go!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/training-camp-updates-8-20-15-a-344255/#.VdXUUZcXHYk

IDK. I think he just had a bad practice. Maybe he did have some cramping but sometimes you just have an off day.

I totally agree. That kind of thing would be a minor issue on most practice days...but when you're going against the best, even the little things can make a difference.

But I'm with you. In the NFL, you have to tough it out and make the plays

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes