PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/20 Patriots - Saints Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Underhill @nick_underhill
Snead is lighting it up. TD catch over 22 on fade

against Patriots top slot corner Robert McClain

The Pats have put Brown at slot at times and Ryan could fit there too. I am pretty sure Brown will be 1 of the stop 5 but I am curious if they will feel the best value is him at slot when they bring the 5th DB on the feild.

Have heard nothing about the OL. Does it mean they are having a good day?

Red Jerseys, you really can't tell, the DL can rush, but not touch the QB so you really can't tell.

The Pats have put Brown at slot at times and Ryan could fit there too. I am pretty sure Brown will be 1 of the stop 5 but I am curious if they will feel the best value is him at slot when they bring the 5th DB on the feild.

It would seem like they're trying to determine right now who their best 5 DB's are, and how best to configure them. Right now it seems like the two front running formations are:

FS: McCourty
SS: Chung
LCB: Butler
RCB: Brown
Star: McClain

Or:

FS: Harmon
SS: Chung
LCB: Butler
RCB: McCourty
Star: Brown

I'm sure they'll play around with more, mixing in Fletcher and Roberts (when he's healthy). I doubt they've made up their minds which of the two is better yet.

McCourty just signs a deal to be a top-paid safety...now potentially playing cornerback. Makes good economic sense for the NEP. Top paid CBs are of course paid higher than safeties.

@JoelAErickson: Gronk free again for TD at back of end zone, then Chris Harper gets free for TD on Wilson

Why didn't Jimmy G. get reps today?

Jimmy G not getting any reps in a joint practice is very strange.

God I hope it means Brady 'knows' he's in the clear.

Jimmy G not getting any reps in a joint practice is very strange.

God I hope it means Brady 'knows' he's in the clear.

I think it is telling. Brady will be in for a very short time this next preseason game and Jimmy with get 3 QTs. I think they are looking to split time as much as possible ala give Brady most of these practices and give Jimmy most of the Saints game. Might even start it to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST