PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7 Round Mock from Drafttek 2/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Rice, I think people don't like the fact he has trouble going over the middle.

Now, I will admit he's added 4.5" to his vertical since he put up a 35" vertical in college. That will help him unless he's unwilling to go up for balls and fight for them.

Very good point about him struggling going across the middle. I am just of the opinion that Tom Brady can basically move the ball down the field with any half decent WR, but we struggle when we get down to the red zone. I feel that a WR like Rice could offer us a whole other dimension down there. Though there are a lot of other WRs I like in this draft as well.

As for Rice, I think people don't like the fact he has trouble going over the middle.

Now, I will admit he's added 4.5" to his vertical since he put up a 35" vertical in college. That will help him unless he's unwilling to go up for balls and fight for them.

Is that a proven fact? The little bit of him I saw was a player who was doing everything he could to make plays while having VERY little support from his quarterback. I really liked what I saw.

I would take Meacham over Rice if given the chance, just on the speed issue alone. I don't know if it is a result of the fun and gun, but Rice looks like he rounds off a ton of routes and that scares me.

There is no way Greg Olsen would slip to 47, no way in hell

They have done a post combine update. and i was very excited to see them have us take David Ball in the 6th round (sorry I'm from NH so I Have to be a homer and love the UNH guy)

Mar 2nd's confuser generated mockery:

24: WR R. Meachem (Tennessee)
28: S B. Meriweather (Miami)
60: S A. Rouse (VA Tech)
91: LB T. Shaw (Penn State)
123: RB B. Leonard (Rutgers)
165: WR D. Ball (UNH)
187: ILB T. Taylor (Georgia)
219: LB S. Nicholas (South Florida)

Seems like the confuser is focused regarding position...

I like the new one much better than the old one. However, I don't see the pats getting Leonard in the 4th. :rolleyes: David Ball would be a very nice pickup.

i'm so lad yto see people jump on the david ball bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes