PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers loss to Falcons - HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same but that would make him a pretty expensive RT would it not?
It would - his average salary over the last three years of his contract is $5M; but I don't really care, that's money spent regardless. We could upgrade two positions that protect "The Franchise" with one pick and I'd still love to see it.

NONSENSE AGAIN. This is ridiculous. Did you watch the game? The run game became ineffective when they went to the well 3 too many times on that fooling-nobody shotgun draw to Faulk. Maroney ran EXTREMELY well today.
It's hard for any RB to get in a groove when they only touch the ball 10-15 times a game. Maroney is solid. and he ran the ball hard.

I was thinking about the same thing during the game. I couldn't help but wonder how nice it would be to have 2 first rounders. I would like to see the Jets win a few to keep them out of the top pick. I was also wondering what would be the ideal number to be picking at. Obviously it depends on the player we're targetting. While I can see the arguement for a LT, we've invested money and he's been fairly steady so far. I'd like to see a LB or DB.

What we'd like to see and what will happen are too very different things. In a perfect world, there'd be a Brian Urlacher or a Champ Bailey emerging as a top prospect who fits our needs better than Long, McFadden or Phillips. Maybe it'll happen, but I don't think anyone wants to reach for a player with our pick or trade down if the value isn't there.

They hopefully should loose more.I think are pick will be in the top 5.

I am not so sure we want the number 1 or 2 pick. They've built the team without those, and given the rookie contracts they have to give out to top guys, it is a big risk for an unproven player. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade it if it is in the top 5 and move down.

Yes I'm finding myself following their score on the ticker a lot more than pervious seasons! Can't wait till a Patriots Jersey is presented to a polayer in NY this spring.

If that pick gets in the top 5, you can almost be certain Belichick will
trade it for lower picks. I doubt very much we have the cap room for a draft pick that high.

Maybe Bad-ell can retroactively change the #1 he steals from us :D

Over on SF messageboards, the fans actually think it's "unfair" that the league took away the Pats' own 1st rather than giving them back theirs. Yes indeedy, the logical punishment for the Pats using an illegal camera against the Jets is to give SF an extra 1st-round draft pick! :rolleyes:

BTW, anybody who has thoughts on who's worth a top-10 pick in this draft should come on over to the draft board and join in this conversation:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65417

Re: 49ers l(oss to Falcons - HUGE

The Jets are not going to win enough games to pass SF. Rams and Dolphins: zero wins (draft 1 + 2 ). The Raiders (2 wins) might win a few, there easiest opponent is Denver, LMAO. Bengals (2) should win enough so that they are not in the equation (they play the 49'ers). That leaves the Falcons as the other 2 win team. Provided the three win teams win at least two more games each, I see us getting the sixth pick. You have to figure B.C's Ryan will go in the top five. I like our odds in getting a top playmaker unless we trade out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back